Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sabotage Caches

MekaDovah

I know I've brought this one up before, but I feel it necessary to bring it up again.

I don't know why everyone's advice on this matter repeatedly fails to help me in any way, but it does. Loot radar, listening for the sound: all of it has ended in failure so we can dispense with the usual responses. My main issue now is how much time seems to be expected to comb over every little nook and cranny and I think it's way too much.

I'm sick of spending over an hour in a single level, destroying every crate, listening to every sound, looking in every direction, only for there to always be one cache that seems to simply fail to exist. Even if somehow I'm just overlooking this one annoying out of the way place, it's obnoxious to even put them in such out of the way areas. I don't like having to spend over an hour to find one thing. There is nothing these caches offer that is worth that kind of hassle and if it wasn't a Nightwave weekly, I would never bother because it's never worth it.

Bottom line: I think these caches need to be made easier to find. Make the noise louder. Give them a unique icon on the loot radar. Have Lotus say something when I'm in the correct room. Something. Because otherwise this is too much of a time sink and it's ridiculously annoying. I'm not interested in such a monotonous, boring "challenge." At least now out in the plains I noticed the search area for the caches are marked and, as time goes on, that area shrinks, making the caches easier to find. I think something to that effect should be applied to the ones in sabotage missions too.

Edited by MekaDovah
Fixing a typo.

As many other activities/missions in this game, it is only difficult/takes too long because you're not used to doing it.

Keep trying it in the same mission. Caches have set spawn locations.

Once you've played the same mission enough, you WILL find caches in the same place you found one 2~3 matches ago.

You can also hit recruit chat and ask for a carry. An experienced player can find all caches in less than 5 minutes, without loot radar and without destroying crates.

If they are on loot radar then they would not be hidden. I just gofrom room to room, I usually do orokin sabotage but some corpus maps I Imagine would be good for this too. What I do is go to every door starting from the beginning tile I check all rooms that are not to the objective and go room to room like that. I cant deny that there are hidden rooms that caches could be in so keep in mind for those a google search could help more or less. I preffer orokin tileset because its clean and things are visable

46 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

I just gofrom room to room

Maybe that's the OP's problem.

1 hour ago, MekaDovah said:

Those lockers have a humming sound that I can hear and pinpoint in mid-combat, crystal clear. They also appear on the minimap with the use of detection mods... And before the OP assumes that those lockers have a specific minimap icon, let me throw it out that they have the same common container icon as the rest. Which, in essence, requires the player to actively search for them.

The only players that can't find these are players that never gave a damn about anything else other than the exclusive "Start mission -> Objective -> Extraction".

@MekaDovah, the advices about how to find those cache lockers are the only advices you'll get, even if you decide to watch guide videos. There is no other way to find them.

Ask for groups to find caches in LFG chat, try and learn from the people who can find all the caches, learn the rooms where caches cannot spawn, keep in mind that only one cache can spawn per room but two caches can spawn in two directly connected rooms, check in weird places like under stairs, behind grates especially grates on the floor, up elevator shafts with the orange light. Specialize in a certain tileset, I recommend Corpus ship. If you want more practice and easier difficulty start with the infested hive mission caches because you can get electricity mods with only 2/3 of the caches, and think about how the devs hide caches because they tend to hide them in the same places in basically every tileset. If you find a "secret room" in a tile chances are a cache can spawn there and the secret rooms are always the same for every tile they spawn in. Basically since there isn't a consequence for falling out of bounds just jump anywhere you look and see if you can stand there if it doesn't look like someplace you can stand in another game.

If you just want to complete nightwave, just ask in LFG for a group and that should complete it pretty quickly.

Heh trying being me doing Cervantas nearly everyday cause my intell told me Bite mode can drop from the hidden caches. Also been trying my luck in void wanting to get my hands on Xiphos landing craft.

But I am not always lucky running back to back on a tile set where I know they should be and somehow only find one cause...ok am I missing some hidden location on Cervantas?

Edited by (PS4)Shieldmaiden83