Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich - What am I missing ?

Isokaze_BestKaze

Question

Okay, so I tried multiple time to get my own personal Kuva Lich to spawn.

Before you ask, I am MR16, all story quest completed.

I tried running multiple time Adaro on solo mission. Sometimes while I'm doing these, I see a Kuva Guard popping in the corner and say something about a test subject, I then proceed to murder everything on the map (and I mean EVERYTHING) and... nothing happens ? No special mob or anything like that ?

So am I doing something wrong, or is that a bug ? How can I get my bad guy to appear ?

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

How can I get my bad guy to appear ?

What I found is that when it doesn't spawn you need to try a new node. I got mine on Rusalka and Cassini. Perhaps give those two a try and see if it works. The enemy should spawn fairly quickly (within a minute).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What I found is that when it doesn't spawn you need to try a new node. I got mine on Rusalka and Cassini. Perhaps give those two a try and see if it works. The enemy should spawn fairly quickly (within a minute).

Thank you ! That actually worked. I went for a Limbo speedrun to Rusalka and my target indeed appeared after around a minute. I have the terrible Vekk Igloo after me now.

I don't know if it's Adaro specifically that is bugged or something else tho.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

4 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

I don't know if it's Adaro specifically that is bugged or something else tho.

I believe I tried that one and never got it either. I tried a couple of exterminates (Sedna and Saturn) and got the VO but no enemy. I don't know if there is a specific issue, or we are just unlucky. 

I couldn't get Cassini to work, and after quite a few attempts finally gave up and got it on my first attempt at Telesto.

When I'd run Cassini, my first run had my capture target, and then about 10 enemies in the extraction tile, but no other enemies at all. A kuva guardian spoke, but nothing spawned, no larvling marker popped, and my extraction marker broke as soon as the guardian spoke. 

My other attemps mostly had correct regular mob spawns, but either the guardian never spoke at all (in which case waypoints would work with no issues), or the guardian would speak, no larvling marker would show up, and my extraction marker broke. Every time the guardian spoke, it immediately broke the waypoints for that run.

So I gave up and moved to Telesto, and it worked perfectly. Nice, early spawn, easily tracked down, no broken spawns or markers, and I finally had a Lich.

Edited by Andvarja

My third attempt to find a larvling was on Cassini (first two was on Corpus Kuva Siphon mission and ordinary Grineer mission, both 20+ level). Must say I played Cassini mission for two times. On first try I got a message about a subject but didn't find it anywhere. On second try I was with my friend who already got his Lich. We tracked the mission target while avoiding every ordinary Grineer soldier and on the way to extraction we found this larvling.

I did cassini and waited after capturing the target. I found that if you run through the mission too fast after capturing the target fails to spawn or the guardian will say something about the subject being a failure. If you wait around the target seems to spawn correctly though, done it 4/4 times already.

Edited by Masquerine