Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed solutions to Lich endless grind

kuryux

Current situation:

We have to farm requiem relics, to farm requiem mods, to farm the larva, to farm thralls, to farm the lich. All this should take at least a few hours for a single lich to get a single weapon.

Problem:

Relics and mods are tradable, so if RNG screws you, you can always resort to trading, which is good.

Lich weapons are not tradeable. So once u kill the larva, you find yourself stuck with a lich that is highly likely to have a weapon you dont want. There is no way to get rid of the lich, except spending hours to farm his thralls and spending your hard earned mods, only to get a weapon you dont want and cant do anything with it. What happens once you have say half the weapons? Half your time will be getting those same weapons! Imagine the horror if one ever manages to get 12/13 weapons or if a new kuva weapon is ever released!

Proposed solution 1:

What if, once we meet our kuva lich for the first time, a new option unlocked on the lich personal page allowing us to bribe him to go away? He would take the resources he stole from us, plus the bribe and simply leave. This could have an increasing price till it eventually resets daily or weekly.

This way we could hunt down untill the end only those that we are interested in, making the whole proccess a lot more exciting, but still RNG dependent.

Proposed solution 2:

Another possible concomitant solution is to make converting more interesting. Currently there is no reason to convert a lich after you have done it once. 

For example, the lich would feel grateful for us sparing his life and could give us random rewards like kuva, chance for requiem mods and whispers and such. So even if we dont want to pay the bribe, we could still hunt down the lich and actually get something in the end.

What everyone thinks? Do you have other possible solutions?

P.S.: this was originally posted on feedback, but now posting here as it seems more appropriate as dully noted by a noble gentleman over there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kuryux said:

We have to farm requiem relics, to farm requiem mods, to farm the larva, to farm thralls, to farm the lich

Easy on the "farm" part please!

- Farming relics is easy as hell and even if you don't get one from the mission you still have the kuva.

- The requiem mods aren't that hard to farm and as you said you can trade them, so not a problem* there.

- "Farming" the larva??? Please, on the first greener mission with level 20+ enemy's one spawns!

- As for the thralls just don't level the Lich and you wont need to kill as many.

- Less thralls to kill less time to find the mods needed for the kill.

15 minutes ago, kuryux said:

*Relics and mods are tradable, so if RNG screws you, you can always resort to trading, which is good.

Why is this in the problem section?

16 minutes ago, kuryux said:

What happens once you have say half the weapons?

And what happens when you get all of the weapons in your likeable way from the first try? Are you going to stop bothering with the Lich system or are you going to continue playing the missions with harder level enemy's? Also there's the new ephemera's to farm from the Lich that are way cooler than the ones we have now.

21 minutes ago, kuryux said:

Proposed solution 1:

How about we let DE make a option to interact with the larva in order for it to become the Lich than simply killing it like its now? I feel like that this is the best solution for the start of the Lich system.

27 minutes ago, kuryux said:

For example, the lich would feel grateful for us sparing his life and could give us random rewards

Mmm maybe, sure but i wouldn't hold by breath for such additions. But lets see.

7 minutes ago, Ady88 said:

People complain for months for lack of content. Then when there finally is something, if it can't be completed in a weekend it's too much of a grind.

This frustrates me. I don't want to complete everything in a weekend. I don't care about grinding out Liches to get the highest bonus percentage, I actually like it. But I want that goddamn Kuva Karak, not another four Kohms. These weapons are the only ones that work like this AFAIK; every other mod and gun in this game, if you want something, you can choose to go get it. This system is much too gambly.

What would really be great is if we could use Warframe choice to choose weapon, rather than damage type, or have 2 of the 3 factors be determinable. Farming weapon and percentage makes the good result area way too small.

3 minutes ago, MysteryPig said:

These weapons are the only ones that work like this AFAIK

Kavat and Kubrow anyone? they are all RNG based, unless you trade imprints. But then you can trade Kuva weapons, so I don't see the difference.

Edited by Ady88

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

We're supposed to get the ability to trade lich contracts. So that'll solve a big part of that. 

Guess that would work too if they all have the same chances, but it seems some are more rare, right? Like havent seen anyone using the hammer yet, but lots of krakken, quartakks and stuff

1 hour ago, MysteryPig said:

This frustrates me. I don't want to complete everything in a weekend. I don't care about grinding out Liches to get the highest bonus percentage, I actually like it. But I want that goddamn Kuva Karak, not another four Kohms. These weapons are the only ones that work like this AFAIK; every other mod and gun in this game, if you want something, you can choose to go get it. This system is much too gambly.

What would really be great is if we could use Warframe choice to choose weapon, rather than damage type, or have 2 of the 3 factors be determinable. Farming weapon and percentage makes the good result area way too small.

And this is where my massive statement stands: D.E. F`ED UP WHEN THEY DECIDED TO RELEASE 13 WEAPONS ALL AT ONCE!!!!! WHILE SKIPPING OUT ON THE EXCHANGE BOARD OR A INFLUENCER SYSTEM TO FORCE WEAPON REROLLS ON THE LICH ITSELF.

Even if D.E. intended to expand upon the system, there is no point to release a half finished/broken system where:

• Kuva lich can one shot you and gets stronger for each of your fail to kill is a blind spam test.
  • Kuva lich can spread influence without really needing you to do anything and just by being present on a planet, means they can pilfer your stuff and it could take up to 10 or so missions if they flooded enough of the planet, just to likely clean them out from that planet alone. Which they likely can still continue to spread while also still pilfering your resources, while also still able to be high level enemies.
  • Honestly the system feels more like a TRUE DANG MOBILE system, complete with ridiculous amounts of steps, not even counting the RNG-sus factor, on top of a pseudo-limited try system, sort of like how some mobile games limit you to how many times you can attempt certain maps. Plus your still stuck at the hands of rng-sus to make sure the one you get is of a `high quality brand`, which you have zero control at how high quality it can be.
  • Plus a lack of a system to be able to MERGE duplicate versions of the same kuva weapon, so you can boost its passive elemental percent bonus, so your not totally clucked if you keep drawing 20~30% elemental type versions of the weapons.

TL;DR: They should of kept the system SIMPLE and slowly added in extra functions that could lead to greatly yields (or reduce the difficulty on managing them) on what you could get from the lich, with maybe things like installing a system into your orbiter where you can get research on liches you handle, which could be used to gain bonuses against liches, that could lead to drastically lowering the needed murmurs to get kill words, maybe let you toggle on a feature that will give a extra % chance your requeim relic will land on a silver-tier relic. Plus throw in maybe bonuses that could help you gain damage bonuses and damage reduction when taking on kuva liches & thralls, to especially help players out on dealing with those stupid level 90+ kuva liches.

Anyway thats just my rambles, based on what i have heard so far about the Kuva lich difficulty.

Edited by Avienas