Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Failing?

Traumtulpe

I was using Adaptation before and had no trouble surviving anything except the lichs grapple attack - thinking that Adaptation might not be effective against it I switched to Quick Thinking.

However I am under the impression that Quick Thinking does nothing - now I blow up instantly when I get close to the lich, with 750/750 energy remaining. Otherwise I never even get to take damage to energy as I still have a lot of health and armor.

Anyone else using Quick Thinking?

What is weird to me is that 750 energy with quick thinking should be equivalent to over 2k health - thus, if I die with 750 energy I would in theory have to take a single hit for at least that much damage.

This does not seem realistic from my experience and the 1177 armor I have.

51 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I was sure it did! My mistake then.

Your best bet is pairing qt with adaptation. Won't save you from that really big initial hit oneshot. with 750 energy it means you took your (health * armor mitigation) + (750 * 2.4) = 1.8k. Also I've heard different things about QT stacking with armor. I know it didn't for the longest time, I've heard people saying it does now. I haven't had the time to sit down and actually check. I don't use quick thinking on any frames besides Garuda anymore.

Edited by Skaleek

55 minutes ago, (PS4)BigLick said:

Quick Thinking doesn't use your armor for calculation.

While IDK for sure and don't have time to test right this moment, Wiki still says it does. One way to test is probably to Simalcrum it: get Garuda, go down to 2 HP via Bloodletting, let a Bombard rip into QT, repeat with an armour mod on or off to see if the values change.