The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Hours Of Farming For 2 Days Still No Hammershot.

tripletriple

I don't trust the in game stats much. People have had sentinels with 1 billion experience. Yes 1 billion.

indeed.

the ui is wonky as hell...

that said, someone who has the mastery rank that he does and the clan tech weps that he does, surely could not have spent near 100% of his actual play time in nm mode.

This^ you literally have to do 100 runs before you chances become good

given the fact that rng is in fact... rng, literally is not the best word here.

if there was a system that decreased the other drops chances of dropping the more you get them, then yes, you would be right.

but rng being rng, it is entirly possible to run the same thing 5000 times and never get what your looking for.

its a near statistical impossibility, but still... its not literal required to do 100 runs before you even have a chance.

now im arguing semantics... cool...

i really need sleep.

/off topic crap

It doesn't matter how many times you play its still a 1% chance. Is that low? Yes. But assuming each game is 15 minutes long and played back to back in your 40 games over 10 hours with 99% chance you wont get it the chances of you not getting it in a row is 66.9% so...

If you're farming for rare nm mods and each game is taking 15 minutes, you're doing it wrong.

DE fix this S#&$. It's been months of me farming for hours everyday.

I have one hammershot... I have one quick thinking... and have two equilibrium... the MOST RAREST MODS IN THE GAME!!! They are so rare they have only dropped once with all the vault jumping in the void...

They do drop... but they are ultra rare... and should stay that way for  reason... if ultra rare items didn't exist in every game there would be no true accomplishment in gaining it... 

I have one hammershot... I have one quick thinking... and have two equilibrium... the MOST RAREST MODS IN THE GAME!!! They are so rare they have only dropped once with all the vault jumping in the void...

They do drop... but they are ultra rare... and should stay that way for  reason... if ultra rare items didn't exist in every game there would be no true accomplishment in gaining it... 

Luck is not an accomplishment.

Luck is not an accomplishment.

It is when all games are like that... Haven't played Diablo II and ran Mephisto, and Baal runs a thousand times for rare items? Getting a full set of the best items, or tons of runes to put them together and make stuff is an accomplishment in my book.

Noobs be like "give me my mods now with no effort"

If you think that complaing about 1% chance is being nooby and requesting a change towards a more rewarding chance is asking for things to be received for no effort, I'd like to ask you if you want to go back to droprates before we complained about them, with Forma being in such a low percentile, it was deemed gone, and multiple new items being nearly unobtainable, and other prime/void gear being unobtainable because of drop table entry omissions.

Check your privilege.

To be quite frank:

I don't believe you guys stating that you farmed this mod for more than 200 hours straight and did not find it.

a) no human being can bear running the same mission over and over

b) frustration would have killed you long ago

c) even the saddest person in the world would have found it in this timeframe

d) you could have used the rare mods you got in 200 runs and just try to transform the mod.. this would pull the RNG in your favor

and last but not least:

e) you can really manage without hammershot, hell, I can manage without blaze. Don't expect anything to be spoonfed (this goes to one group) or learn that you cannot have everything in your life (this goes to the other group).

Just play the damn game, at one point or another, you will have your mod. I don't have blaze, I have done countless runs for it and you know what? The game is still easy as f.uck for me.

I don't believe you guys stating that you farmed this mod for more than 200 hours straight and did not find it.

a) no human being can bear running the same mission over and over

b) frustration would have killed you long ago

c) even the saddest person in the world would have found it in this timeframe

d) you could have used the rare mods you got in 200 runs and just try to transform the mod.. this would pull the RNG in your favor

e) you can really manage without hammershot, hell, I can manage without blaze. Don't expect anything to be spoonfed (this goes to one group) or learn that you cannot have everything in your life (this goes to the other group).

You shouldn't project your standards on others. Someone with a completionist approach to gaming has a set goal of obtaining every item available. This is not about spoonfeeding - see above - this is about a feasible chance. DE's RNG has a horrible and cruel side for statistical outliers. How do 97 runs to get Nova sound to you? Or burning over 50 Voidkeys for Frost Prime? These people exist. Their claims are valid.

Please be more observant when you judge others. It starts with not applying your standards to them.

Cedric, I have not judged anything or anyone.

And for completionist (I am a completionist myself)...  you cannot have everything in the world. And sooner or later you have to learn to deal with it.

I needed 50 Nova runs and I have burned a lot more than 50 keys for Frost Prime... mostly because I did not know where to find him maybe, but still. And I had more than 50 T2 runs for Mag Prime Systems, a lot more. And yet, here I am, I have Nova, I am cooking Frost Prime and I am cooking Mag Prime atm. It just takes a bit of time.

I have more sympathy with S#&$ty and f.ucked up drop tables. This is a bug and needs to be corrected.

But the 224325th whine post ... uuuuh, I cannot have everything? Sorry, no sympathy, at least not much. Not in the light of my knowledge that once you have everything, you will quit Warframe, easy as that.

I cant get a Flow mod after steam says i have played for 256 hours, but I did get a hammershot from Ruk on nightmare mode, and had no shields and and low grav for the nightmare part.  Maybe if you farm boss nightmares and dont quit on the ones that take away health? I know a lot of people do, had a couple during our mission do the same.

Cedric, I have not judged anything or anyone.

And for completionist (I am a completionist myself)... you cannot have everything in the world. And sooner or later you have to learn to deal with it.

I needed 50 Nova runs and I have burned a lot more than 50 keys for Frost Prime... mostly because I did not know where to find him maybe, but still. And I had more than 50 T2 runs for Mag Prime Systems, a lot more. And yet, here I am, I have Nova, I am cooking Frost Prime and I am cooking Mag Prime atm. It just takes a bit of time.

I have more sympathy with S#&$ty and f.ucked up drop tables. This is a bug and needs to be corrected.

But the 224325th whine post ... uuuuh, I cannot have everything? Sorry, no sympathy, at least not much. Not in the light of my knowledge that once you have everything, you will quit Warframe, easy as that.

I did 130 Raptor runs to get Nova. (Raptor was bugged the weekend she was released) I agree with Ced23ric, because even with the 7% drop chance, after two months of playing for it and hundreds of T3 defense and captures I was finally able to get the Braton Prime Barrel and complete the thing.

7% and two months of countless unlucky void runs. It burned me out and when I literally decided to finally install that Starcraft Heart of the Swarm sitting on my desk since release date just last week I said just one more and I finally got it.

I can't imagine the frustration these guys have with 1%. I was running all of nightmare before and yes I got a few Hammershots normally, but never got Blaze. It took DE giving us a chance to get them on nightmare weekend for me to finally get it.

Some people will never get something with a 1% drop rate even if they run the same mission 1000 times.

Video games are supposed to make us happy and be fun. I understand difficulty and losing/failing (players get better by learning strategies, skills, from each other etc.), but there's no reason for players to be subjected to this kind of frustration just for being unlucky.

DE has all the makings of a great video game here. Why they can't make hammershot and blaze drop chance 5% is beyond my understanding.

EDIT: I do agree with you in that once people have everything they will quit warframe, but hammershot and blaze are as important as mods for their respective weapons as flow is for warframes. Someone with hammershot on a Soma will be at a significant advantage over someone without. I agree also with your point that working towards a goal keeps players playing, but burning them out with impossible odds isn't healthy for the players and/or this game.

Edited by sushidubya

I agree also with your point that working towards a goal,keeps players playing, but burning them out with impossible odds isn't healthy for the player and the game.

That's where the dog bites it's tail. Without tangible effort/reward correlation, any drop rate is nothing but luck. There is no working towards anything with Hammershot. It's binary. You are lucky or you are not. The times you tried do not improve your chances.

That is the core problem of Warframe's grind for parts/blueprints/mod.

The absolute lack of correlation between effort and reward. Repeating a diceroll is not effort, it's blind hope and Skinner Box abuse. You know it can happen, so it might, one day, maybe ...

It's RNG... I'll show you what you need to do. Stop looking for it. As soon as that happens, you'll get a crapload of them.

As far as superstition goes, this one is scary true.

I gave up on Braton Prime Barrel and ran a T1 (old tables) for shiggles, 5 minutes before work. Dropped the barrel.

I gave up on Banshee Helmet, and was just running a Derelict Defense. We decide to leave 10 waves early, at 30. Banshee Helmet.

I didn't know Blaze was super-rare and got three the day Nightmare came out. Hammershot at the end of that day, too.

That's where the dog bites it's tail. Without tangible effort/reward correlation, any drop rate is nothing but luck. There is no working towards anything with Hammershot. It's binary. You are lucky or you are not. The times you tried do not improve your chances.

That is the core problem of Warframe's grind for parts/blueprints/mod.

The absolute lack of correlation between effort and reward. Repeating a diceroll is not effort, it's blind hope and Skinner Box abuse. You know it can happen, so it might, one day, maybe ...

Hate to say it, but its a lot like fishing... you never know if the fish will bite the bait... Its pure Random, but people still fish because its fun. Its fun to get that big fish, or tons of fish... its fun hanging out with friends, or just blowing through enemies... Its fun to win. RNG is a lot like fishing... should try it sometime... Even if I personally don't fish (fear of hooks) I still love watching fishermen fish. Its exciting to see the strange things they pull up. It was exciting when I used to fish as a Kid. I once pulled up a snake looking creature from the ocean (maybe a snake, maybe a eel who knows... it was late at night and all I saw was a snake viciously thrashing to get off the hook in which it did.) It was still fun to see it when I pulled it up.

Even if its a small fish I was still excited I caught it. Its a task that takes time, patience and could take hours of just sitting in one spot waiting for something to bite, and might not get anything for a whole day.

At least in warframe you can run around blow stuff up all day... Fishing you stand in one spot... tell me... where is the difference in the two very random task that no matter what you do you can't guarantee you will catch your prize? People love fishing, and people love Warframe...