Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liberation difficulty in PoE

ExPhazy

The Tenno is probably referring to the bug that occurs many times (at least for me) during liberation bounties. After clearing an area the timer starts and the liberation percentage drops like crazy (like a 3% per second) in a way it is literally impossible to complete without extreme aoe capabilities and even that it's a challenge since, by the time airships appears, you have already lost between 40% to 60%

It is somewhat of  a known bug that has been reported many times but never been fixed. Bugframe

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ExPhazy said:

my rhino cannot clear Liberation forever.

i tried and found this is not bug but seems be specification or game balance.

you rhino can clear this? or rhino should not join PoE?

Depends what weapons you are using, and the level of the mission. Rubico or other sniper can one shot the drop ships, and scoliac, zaw or other melee can clear the pods pretty quickly.

Mirage or Chroma Damage buff can allow then to shred if not outright 1 shot the dropships,they are the main source of enemies...as for the drop pods,best to bring a good crowd clearing weapon like a melee with primed reach or weapons with good AOE like ignis wraith and arac plasmor.

2 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

ok but have you accepted the word of our lord and savior nidus yet?

My lord and savior would be Opticor Vandal. Better at taking down drop ships at range than Nidus. 

To the OP, learn a few different frames since Mesa doesn't cut it for you. Like the Nidus example for survivability or a Volt modded for strength and range tends to be good for new players.  

max your tenno movement powers and enemy radar is helpful.  With these you can void dash around the area and kill stuff quickly.  Using this I can do these things with any frame and a decent melee weapon.  A good Sniper rifle to take out ships helps too.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

max your tenno movement powers and enemy radar is helpful.  With these you can void dash around the area and kill stuff quickly.  Using this I can do these things with any frame and a decent melee weapon.  A good Sniper rifle to take out ships helps too.

It's harder to do this solo in T5 as each ship has so much armor you may need 4-5 shots to blow one up.

What I do is hit an approaching drop ship from a distance a few times with Sarpa to strip armor, and then 1-2 shot the drop ship. Still time consuming though. Sarpa's status has been upped in the recent melee update. You can get 100% status with 4 60/60 mods and Drifting Contact. Slot the 90% toxin mod to prefer Corrosive procs over Slash and Blast. Also add Shattering Impact and use High Noon for 10 pellet stripping and voila.  It's not easy to blow up two arriving drop ships this way though. And you don't need to do this anyway.

You can also use Akjagara or Akstilleto to strip the armor, though you have the holster speed as an issue. Sarpa is instant.

In my experience, at T5, it's just better to keep the enemies around and shoot one at a time whenever the ratio drops below 90%. It's wasteful to kill as many as you can unless you're really low and about to fail. It works better to play it like Survival in T5.

57 minutes ago, nslay said:

It's harder to do this solo in T5 as each ship has so much armor you may need 4-5 shots to blow one up.

Max strength mirage, her 1 plus her 3 means you can 1 shot the drop ships most of the time, sometimes might need a second shot.

How cute, since DE is unable or unwilling to fix something, it suddenly becomes "get your meta on"?. I thought each frame could deal equally well in every situation and now you tell me I have to take heavy duty dps because it's impossible to complete the trial in the way it was intended to?

I'm not implying that you shouldn't bring the right tool for the job (because you totally should) but I find it quite annoying that this bug has been going around since PoE was released (yes, really) and nothing was done to fix it. The only workaround we have is to either go with extreme aoe or bring a weapon-frame combo that can melt airships, funny when you're in T5 bounty. Ahhh, but we have rivens so it's okay

For void sake, I'm being very passive aggressive lately. I know. Nothing against the players, would never dare.

EDIT

To clarify, if you have never seen this bug in action, good for you. When it happens it is extremely unlikely you are going to finish that bounty unless you can obliterate airships IF they spawn since they can also happen to not spawn at all. Yes, you read that properly. For some reason I'm kinda of a magnet for this bug so I try to stay away from PoE. This mission/bug alone has made me despise running bounties.

Edited by Olphalarepth

1 minute ago, Olphalarepth said:

How cute, since DE is unable or unwilling to fix something, it suddenly becomes "get your meta on"?. I thought each frame could deal equally well in every situation and now you tell me I have to take heavy duty dps because it's impossible to complete the trial in the way it was intended to?

I'm not implying that you shouldn't bring the right tool for the job (because you totally should) but I find it quite annoying that this bug has been going around since PoE was released (yes, really) and nothing was done to fix it. The only workaround we have is to either go with extreme aoe or bring a weapon-frame combo that can melt airships, funny when you're in T5 bounty. Ahhh, but we have rivens so it's okay

For void sake, I'm being very passive aggressive lately. I know. Nothing against the players, would never dare.

Not sure what DE needs to fix, I was just providing the builds I use for bounties, not implying there is anything wrong to fix. This game drives players towards efficiency, so removing multiple enemies with one shot before they land is a good way of doing this. You can use whatever frame you want, there are multiple tools to get the job done. But not every play style / frame is good for every situation, especially in the higher levels.

6 minutes ago, Ady88 said:

Not sure what DE needs to fix, I was just providing the builds I use for bounties, not implying there is anything wrong to fix. This game drives players towards efficiency, so removing multiple enemies with one shot before they land is a good way of doing this. You can use whatever frame you want, there are multiple tools to get the job done. But not every play style / frame is good for every situation, especially in the higher levels.

You can also just kill one at a time each time the ratio drops below 90% (they count for 10%).