Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel companions needs a survivability buff

SkalleBonk

So after taking a long break from Kuva Lich hunting i decided to hunt my nemesis again this weekend. Everything went smooth until my Lich became level 5 and my Helios Prime died instantly on every Kuva Lich mission. Even with maxed Primed Regen, Metal Fiber, Enhanced Vitality and Calculated Redirection slapped on Helios he just can't survive at all. I even tested to remove Helios weapon and Targeting Receptor to see if he made less aggro but it was about the same as if he had weapons.

I know this has been asked before to buff sentinel companions survivability and i do think they need some love or be able to use mods like Link Armor, Link Health and Link Shields. Then maybe they would survive a bit longer. Another thing that would be handy is a way to respawn them yourself by crafting let's say "sentinel deployment" but with a cooldown of course before you can respawn them again! Right now my sentinel just feels to fragile when i hunt Kuva Liches and having your companions die in seconds just makes them feel useless.

I have not taken my kubrow or kavats with me on missions in a long time since Helios Prime is my best buddy and he was my first Prime item. He is very dear to me so i can't let him go!

So please DE, give our Sentinels some love!

Edited by SkalleBonk
  • Like 1

My thoughts from another topic:

Immortal Companions, yes please.

And I mean all of them, having a bleedout message on your screen is something you can only take so often
before becoming fully desensitized to it and just letting that poor stupid thing (of another player) die, because F them.
I don't want to feel this way about (more or less) cute things you gave cute animations and whatnot, or other players, yet ... here we are.

It full invulnerability is too much, I guess put offensive capabilities (and certain other Precepts, just not stuff like Animal Instinct)
on a cooldown while the Companion recovers from an overwhelming (i.e. currently lethal) attack,
Mods like Regen / Reawaken / Bleedout Mods could be reworked to affect this cooldown or something.

Or, at the very least / in additon to the cooldown thing, make Companions be invulnerable (and stop attacking) during Transference.

Edited by NinjaZeku

24 minutes ago, SkalleBonk said:

Another thing that would be handy is a way to respawn them yourself by crafting let's say "sentinel deployment" but with a cooldown of course before you can respawn them again

Could also replace the Scimitar's ability with the same effect (deploying sentines for everyone in your squad who got his sentinel destroyed). 

I mean, it's probably the worst single ability in the game right now.

Edited by Thundervision

Soon: Djinn's Reawaken gets the Itzal Blink treatment!

(edit: I meant: removed from Djinn and added to every other Sentinel as an innate ability)

Putting a mod that enables it to Ripline enemies would actually be used more than Itzal's and Valkyr's combined.

Edited by Uthael

The entire Companion system needs an overhaul, frankly. It's past time to be updated.

Is Melee 3.0 totally done now? I can't remember if there's supposed to be a 3rd phase.

They definitely need to move on to Companions 2.0 next. Redesign the kits for all the models/breeds. Implement some method of control over their behavior (FFXII Gambits). Dramatically improve survivability. Make their abilities intrinsic to the breed, instead of being mods.

Plenty to be fixed.

One thing they could change is the mod Regen/ Primed Regen. It could have infinite uses of respawns but have a cooldown before beeing able to respawn again (Just like Djinn's Reawaken mod do) but with no invulnerable state.

Another thing i would like to suggest to be changed is if mods like Repair Kit or Medi-Ray is equipped on a sentinel, they should be able to give themself some healing.

Edited by SkalleBonk
  • Like 1

I would like to see a reviving mechanism.

My suggestion is similar to reviving a teammate in arbitration

When your sentinel is dead, enemies will start dropping mech parts that could be used to assemble a sentinel.

Only you will see and able to pick up the parts.

The sentinel respawn after a set time after your collected enough parts.

Could start with 5% drop chance, requires 4 parts and 60 seconds cool down.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

7 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Could start with 5% drop chance, requires 4 parts and 60 seconds cool down.

Not a bad idea. However, I'd much rather prefer every 20th enemy having a 100% chance to drop a part. Or 100% drop chance with 80 parts needed.

But this would work only when there's a horde of enemies. On bossfights, this ain't the case. One revive every (invulnerability) phase? xD

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Maybe players need a Not-Take-Rockets-to-the-Face buff instead

I mean, even a grazing shot or splash with some explosives at a certain level can wreck up some Sentinels. Had a few instances where I rolled to reduce damage to a rocket hitting my side, and the splash is enough to one-shot my Sentinel and trigger Regen.

Also Mercy Kills with Thralls, in the context of OP's Lich mission.

8 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I mean, even a grazing shot or splash with some explosives at a certain level can wreck up some Sentinels. Had a few instances where I rolled to reduce damage to a rocket hitting my side, and the splash is enough to one-shot my Sentinel and trigger Regen.

Also Mercy Kills with Thralls, in the context of OP's Lich mission.

Yet to bother with a Lich. Just know I've done plenty of lvl 300-400 Solo runs with AoE all over and my Sentinel is still alive at the end. The only time they consistently end up dead is when there's Napalms. So either A) There's too much unavoidable AoE or B) Players are blaming the game for something that's their fault as usual.

I can't recall any situation under lvl 100 where my Sentinel was perma dead.

Just now, Xzorn said:

Yet to bother with a Lich. Just know I've done plenty of lvl 300-400 Solo runs with AoE all over and my Sentinel is still alive at the end. The only time they consistently end up dead is when there's Napalms. So either A) There's too much unavoidable AoE or B) Players are blaming the game for something that's their fault as usual.

I can't recall any situation under lvl 100 where my Sentinel was perma dead.

I didn't say perma dead. I said Regen trigger.

And it's easy to trigger Regen near Level 100 with certain enemies (I know that Comba/Scrambus with explosives can trigger Regen on some Sentinels on direct hit) and bad luck with sniper projectiles.

If your Sentinel has attack precepts it will instantly draw aggro on itself the moment you transference out of your warframe, so the stuff about Sentinels tanking Lv.400 enemies can't be taken seriously without any proof (unless you're just using them for Vacuum).

Edited by Thundervision

On 2019-12-08 at 12:50 AM, Uthael said:

Soon: Djinn's Reawaken gets the Itzal Blink treatment!

(edit: I meant: removed from Djinn and added to every other Sentinel as an innate ability)

Putting a mod that enables it to Ripline enemies would actually be used more than Itzal's and Valkyr's combined.

Ahahah in your dreams baby! - DE

I agree, they should change that - Me

• Like 1