Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #134 Empyrean Ship Controls | Weight of the guns

Daepaloy

The controls of the Ship in Devstream #134 seems to be quite nice. But There's something bothering me. The weight of the guns. 

The Pilot is controlling both the ship and the Guns in front. The gun seems to have its own pivot, Similar to a Front Turret gunner of a bomber which is great for Fast paced and Kinda make sense since it's is a Huge ship. But the guns are also huge. I dont know if there will be gun types (heavy, light, lasers, etc) but there should be Weight to the guns. A bit of delay where your mouse is the intended target but your gun isnt there yet for a few ms. Similar to War Thunder miss GIF. But since it's in space there will be no Stall speed so the effect should be just the the Delay.

This way the guns feels Heavy, and Powerful. Bigger guns = More delay but Bigger rewards. 

Update #1

The Gun Reticle is a bit hard to follow since the Effects are very chaotic. Inverted Colours on the reticle is great but it will be overwhelmed over time. I would recommend WF to use multi colour Reticle exactly like Warthunder where the reticle is consisted of Light and Dark colours. That way it wont be overwhelmed by the Effects on screen.

P.S

Im still new to these Feedback writing so Critics are very much appreciated.

Edited by Daepaloy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, zhellon said:

You can remember star conflict, which has more to do with space, but it's still about submarines. The best Ship Controls in games of series X. My favourite x3 reunion.

Ah yes, Star conflict. they both have the same Dev. I didnt continue it though but i did play for a few hours. Quite unique.

No man's sky also have the same delay effect.

Edited by Daepaloy

The guns aren't actually heavy. If you look, they aren't even physically attached to the ship - the gun ports are storage bays. They guns, when activated, float up to a closer position, seemingly using tech much like the Warframe's own 'momentum thrusters' or whatever it is they use to aimglide.

They don't work on standard 'gun' rules, basically.

On 2019-12-10 at 4:07 AM, Loza03 said:

The guns aren't actually heavy. If you look, they aren't even physically attached to the ship - the gun ports are storage bays. They guns, when activated, float up to a closer position, seemingly using tech much like the Warframe's own 'momentum thrusters' or whatever it is they use to aimglide.

They don't work on standard 'gun' rules, basically.

That's a good point. I mean putting "Warframe Technology" would end the Argument completely. But Its just felt Too Arcade-ish. 

5 hours ago, Daepaloy said:

That's a good point. I mean putting "Warframe Technology" would end the Argument completely. But Its just felt Too Arcade-ish. 

Railjack isnt supposed to be a space sim. Games like Elite dangerous have weight in their space weaponry and it works because the game follows this logic throughout. It wouldnt make sense for warframe due to how fast we can already move. When was the last time you bothered using a Grineer rampart?  Now imagine that with railjack. Eeesh