Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prowl and Infiltrate need buffs

(PSN)NemitheNem

The vaults are not designed to require super untouchable stealth, thus there will always be a place to renew cloudwalker or other invisibility. Further, with the new parazon mod Limbo does not require a Huras Kubrow save for the longer vaults. 

Infiltrate should be part of Prowl's ability. I am not going to argue for being able to go around at full speed, the word 'prowl' does not imply that at all. 

I would instead play up the Hunter theme. Say while in range Ivara picks up on weaknesses of the enemy and slowly builds up a capped damage multiplier?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

Infiltrate already allows you to go.... essentially faster than normal speed, so it's pretty understandable that you pay a Mod Slot for it. 🙂

I feel like you are being disingenuous. Infiltrate increases prowl's speed, and I was specifically saying that I wasn't going to argue for more speed. 

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Ughh.... You do realize Ivara does actually have a damage multiplier based on weak points for Prowl right?

That's headshots only. Are you head shoting enemies while you prowl around, or are you killing them in other ways, that is faster like say melee or silent weapons?

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Again, another person who doesn't know a frame's mechanics or how it works trying to say how it needs to be changed.  Dang it!  At least learn the frame first before making suggestions on how it should be changed.  

I am not suggestion a change, I am suggesting a buff of making an augment innate and changing the augment. 

Like, the fact that she's being overshadowed as a spy frame is problematic. She needs something else. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

That's headshots only. Are you head shoting enemies while you prowl around, or are you killing them in other ways, that is faster like say melee or silent weapons?

Whatever I want. It's Ivara. That's kinda her biggest perk. You can use any gun, melee, ect and she doesn't care.

If I were in a hurry I would play 1 of 3 frames and just hold left click through the map so pretty much scrap most the frame roster.

That's how hunting works. You don't go stomping through a forest. You stalk & wait. Generally go for the heart but in this case it's head.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

That's headshots only. Are you head shoting enemies while you prowl around

That's EXACTLY what I do.  With the Daikyu and Shaijiti for when my trigger finger wants a rest.  😄  Did you know that melee strikes (such as from nikanas) get headshots that also are effected by the Prowl bonus.  

59 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

are you killing them in other ways, that is faster like say melee or silent weapons?

All my weapons are silent.  Bows allow you to kill multiple enemies in a line.  Snipers rifles are similar.   A Gas Build Daikyu can take out a whole crowd of enemies with a headshot on just one.  

Basically in most cases you should be shooting for the head anyway.  Prowl just rewards you more so for doing it.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

I feel like you are being disingenuous. Infiltrate increases prowl's speed, and I was specifically saying that I wasn't going to argue for more speed. 

That's headshots only. Are you head shoting enemies while you prowl around

or are you killing them in other ways, that is faster like say melee or silent weapons?

Like, the fact that she's being overshadowed as a spy frame is problematic. She needs something else. 

and Infiltrate lets Ivara move faster in Prowl than not in Prowl (aside from being restricted from performing Bullet Jumps or Sprinting, that is).

why would you not be Headshotting Enemies? Ivara.... is something of a 'Sniper Warframe'. but ofcourse, it's optional.
not that you'd usually have a reason to shoot somewhere other than the Head of any Enemy when possible. while some Enemy Types do have Weakpoints in addition to their head, there's no shortage of Enemies that are simply Body;Head. if the Head is the only Body Part Multiplier, ofcourse i'll shoot Enemies in the Head whenever possible, i get more Damage so it's a no brainer.

no, i generally avoid Killing Enemies with Melee while in Prowl, since it costs Energy to use Melee with Prowl active. i'll do it if i need to, but i avoid doing so.

overshadowed by who? overshadowed by people that complain Ivara isn't painfully simple and one note enough, i guess?
Infiltrate is a pretty comical Augment, and if you pair that with the rest of the Abilities...... Ivara is not slow while Prowl is active.

• Like 1

Ivara's fine. If you're looking for a invisible, fast, melee friendly frame I think you'd be happier with Loki rather than asking for Ivara changes.

She doesn't need a buff, she doesn't need a reworked prowl, she doesn't need mechanics changed into something else... She's fine. She's not the end-all-be-all spy frame (and that's ok), there are other frames for a reason.

Just a tip though if you think prowl is too slow: rolling is a common Ivara method for moving while in prowl, wall running/jumping is another way to quickly move, and you don't need to keep prowl indefinitely (she has other worth while skills) but if you insist on maintaining it over long distances a combination of running/jumping on zipwires gives a good amount of speed.

• Like 2

The buff infiltrate needs is to allow her to bullet jump again while in prowl.

Actuall scrap that, just give baseline prowl the bullet jumping back. It took some basic skill/patience and rewarded you with time, not more power (not like you cant jump glide or use dashwire on most places and for some like kuva spy the rope is even better than jumping across the zap holes).
Same for navigator which should pause projectile lifespan/timer again.