Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question for ps4 players

(PSN)Montel4eva

Question

Might seem a bit odd but I have been experiencing a few oddities before my ps4 packed up. when I first got my ps4 i was relatively quiet, then i had to send it for repairs then afterwards i noticed that the fan kicks up to high gear in certain areas like Fortuna and oddly the orbiter when i am infront of the arsenal. does this happen to anyone else?

7 answers to this question

It's not by chance that PS4, despite loving it, is famous for:

kemgj1whjvg31.jpg

I also thought the same despite all compaints by other players, but mine started doing the same at some point. Tried opening it to clean it inside, not much difference. They just do this as they get older.

I just want my OG PS4 to hold up another year, despite the fact it already shows signs of breaking down "soon enough". Just till I get PS5 is all I ask Lord Clem.

• Like 2

You could try re-applying the thermal paste.  If it started making lots of noise after being repaired then the technician might have moved the cpu/gpu cooler breaking thermal contact.  Low quality thermal paste hardens as it ages so it may not have spread out optimally.  That or you could try switching out the fans.  If sony use standard sizing/mounting then using Noctua/Be Quiet fans would go a fair way to reducing noise.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I just want my OG PS4 to hold up another year, despite the fact it already shows signs of breaking down "soon enough". Just till I get PS5 is all I ask Lord Clem.

Same. 

If my PS4 croaks before PS5 launch then I'm just done with games for the generation lol. Not worth the cost to buy a "temporary" console this close to next gen. 

I'd end up playing some stuff on PC probably, but I wouldn't dare start a new account on Warframe over there.

• Like 1