Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quite Possibly Unbeatable; Disruption Sortie Stage 3: Corpus, Lua, "Enhanced Shields"

(PSN)Spartan-Stockade

Firstly, just so you know roughly my experience and understanding of the game; I have 2,109 hours time played, and I have jumped, face first, into this game, it's mechanics, it's Warframe partners, it's developer live streams, etc. since I first started playing. And I swear I've been learning and paying attention during all of that time. -So essentially, this isn't my first "rodeo" as they say. Lol

Today's sortie, December 16th, 2019 PS4 (as appropriately tilted) surprised me a bit. I have had really good experiences with an Ash setup I have for farming disruptions; (with hammers, post covert lethality's demise. RIP) and it is, mostly, very effective. I understand that stage 3 sortie is of a higher enemy level, but at least in this circumstance, not only did I have all of my public squad quit on me out of understandable frustration the first go, but upon further play, after I tweaked my loadout and did a tiny bit better, I realized just how, basically, broken this particular scenario is. To stop the enemy before they got there, I think we managed to stop them only 2 times. Maybe the map is part of this issue, but I think it's mostly just attempting to chew through sooo much essential health points, multiple nullifying factors, along with so many enemies and damage sources. 

-Whatever it is, it culminated, not, into a "fair challenge," but instead a seemingly unachievable task of frustration and host migrations. I know this is also a "newer" arrival to the Sortie line up, so I thought it should be brought to attention.

Dear Digital Extremes DE please look into this, there may be some tweaking needed here. -Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just approaching it wrong, but, I just wanted to share what I noticed, and what I experienced today, in hopes of 1 less issue off of the checklist. 

Thank you for listening, and keep stretching this ever evolving game concept. Lol 

Sincerely, -AL

Edited by (PS4)Spartan-Stockade

I actually just used my Pennant with heavy attack, cause i was leveling it. It has massive charge attack damage and it seems to force slash procs so... they died quite quickly. I was also playing Ash prime at the time! Oh and I had it modded with just primed fever strike(in terms of elementals) so... shield bypass?

Probably this is having the effect DE originally wanted with conditional sorties. You have to consider your loadout. Mod for toxin and slash and bypass shields i guess?

My exact loadout for the pennant just so i dont take any flak here: Sac steel, Sac pressure, Primed reach, Killing blow, Amalgam organ shatter, corrupt charge and Primed fever strike.

Edited by Skaleek

I used Hildryn and while we failed two defenses, it wasn't too bad

In hindsight, would've been easier to go toxin/slash (I had Corrosive on the melee I used), rather than have me pillage their shields - but eh

My issue with it was how long it took compared to other Stage 3 sorties, I hope whenever they rework ESO rewards they also redo sorties and make Stage 3 overall more challenging, but fewer random factors (atm you can end up with a boss which takes one shot, or a slow 30min scenario)

But I also love when we actually get to see Lua (I REALLY hope they make it more relevant to go back there, like they've done with the Kuva Fortress), so I definitely go in not minding a tougher challenge

Something I should mention, I didn't have a lot of time left before changeover, so I only got 2 shots at it this time. The first didn't go well and had all party, sequentially, quit, ^^^ and I realized I messed up my loadout some, so I tweaked, and the second time off to a better start l, I stomped one, with new group, and then host migration left me on my lonesome, and try as I did, (gas damage involved) I couldn't drop any, and I was getting chewed up by all the riff raff. Lol I usually do take the time to setup my loadouts, and I did fairly quickly, but, it just seemed pretty harsh under the circumstances at the time. -Like I said, maybe it was just me, and my inability to continue attempting other avenues of approach. 😕

I'm glad you brought it up, as I remember earlier in the year (I want to say around Fortuna time..?) we had a gamebreaking bug on PS4 where Interception was impossible, because spawns would break and cause the framerate to drop to a single frame every 3-4 second. And we had two days of Inctercept in sorties (could technically beat it if you fought throught the framerate and had frames which somehow could manage, but even the end screen took five minutes to load)

Better to bring potential issues up imo, otherwise they remain in the game! 🙂

My random group had a few deaths and did fail one conduit with a couple of close calls. I think the main problem was me.

[ Long pause. ]

Specifically,  I was having trouble quickly finding the demolysts on that map.   I still have trouble navigating Lua after all this time.

Still, one of the funner sorties I can remember.

Get urself sepfahn nikana slap viral on it and it will melt any mob lvl with viral/slash combo + Ash can strip all armor. And it also ignores shields, at 12x combo nothing will survive i melt even RJ enemies with it and they have truckton of armor. i mean TRUCKTON. Or get any sniper and do viral/HunMun or even Gas/HunMun. It will ignore their shields completely.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, (XBOX)Jack Eat Brains said:

[stuff]

Uhm ... okay, I'm gonna need you to explain how / why you copy&pasted the quote of my reply into a completely different, unrelated topic.

(Nevermind that this is a 2019 topic on top of it all, so we also have some good ol' necromancy going on lol.)

For anyone else who's confused, this is the actual topic in question:

That all said, alas, no clue what's wrong with your Trade Chat, sorry.

• Like 1