Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should i buy Grendel the Meatball man?

PuddLou

Question

I can afford it and i have nothing better to spend my platinum on. I know its probably idiotic but it will be a long way until i can get my hand on the meatball without spending any platinum and its tempting. I mean, its a meatball ninja for gods sake. So my two questions are, is he fun and should i do it?

Edited by PuddLou

17 answers to this question

I find him very fun, being able to eat the most annoying enemies to take them out of the battle (excludes bosses, bursas, and juggernauts; includes noxes, prosecutors, and wardens). Plus, being able to bowl over a line of enemies as a giant ball is hilarious.

However, I would advise against purchasing Grendel with platinum. His parts are easy enough to get with a good squad. If you want someone to purchase, I'd strongly recommend Harrow due to one of his parts being a Rotation C Defection reward with a chance of less than 10%.

Do not buy any frame with platinum besides Primes, period.

Grendel is fairly easy to get and so is just about every other frame, they can all be obtained within a day at most with some patience. People taxi/host his missions all the time, so head over to the recruitment chat to find someone.
Keep your platinum for rivens when you get a weapon that you really like and/or boosters.

Edited addendum: He is a fun frame but that is just about it. He is not very good nor does he have a specific niche.

Edited by Vedlom
Addendum.

4 minutes ago, Cephalon_Naiture said:

I find him very fun, being able to eat the most annoying enemies to take them out of the battle (excludes bosses, bursas, and juggernauts; includes noxes, prosecutors, and wardens). Plus, being able to bowl over a line of enemies as a giant ball is hilarious.

However, I would advise against purchasing Grendel with platinum. His parts are easy enough to get with a good squad. If you want someone to purchase, I'd strongly recommend Harrow due to one of his parts being a Rotation C Defection reward with a chance of less than 10%.

I don't really need to buy a frame the problem is that its probably going to be a long while until i can start doing arbitrations. But thank you for your opinion on his kit, that is part of what i'm looking for.

2 minutes ago, Vedlom said:

People taxi/host his missions all the time, so head over to the recruitment chat to find someone.

Yeah, i kind of realised after i made this post that it was a possibility so thank you for confirming.

16 minutes ago, Vedlom said:

Grendel is fairly easy to get and so is just about every other frame, they can all be obtained within a day at most with some patience. People taxi/host his missions all the time, so head over to the recruitment chat to find someone.
Keep your platinum for rivens when you get a weapon that you really like and/or boosters.

Edited addendum: He is a fun frame but that is just about it. He is not very good nor does he have a specific niche.

I agree with you about grendel but there are frames like harrow,baruuk,hildryn,mesa

Parts for Mesa, Baruuk, and Hildryn are at least guaranteed drops. Harrow is a pain in the neck (for lack of a better word) due to one of his parts being Defection.
Mesa parts are tedious due to the Mutalist Alad V coordinates needed, but at least they reduced the coords required from 3 to 1.
Baruuk can be claimed at Hand rank with Vox Solaris. His parts just need a little more resources than Garuda. 
Hildryn is from Exploiter. I admit, she's painful, but at least you get a part guaranteed.
Harrow is probably the only one I'd advise to use platinum for. Everything else, just ask for a squad in recruit chat.

Edited by Cephalon_Naiture

Well - as OP said, depends on what you like/want.

Personnally, not a big fan of Grendell, I leveled him and put him on a shelf right after, but that is just an opinion.

Is it a good use of your plat ? Not sure.

Grendell can be farmed with a squad with some smart matchmaking, can even be solo'ed with the right setup. As said above, some other frames are tougher to farm.

There are very few frames I advocate for buying outright. Mesa and Ivara are the only two that immediately come to mind, but some people despise Nidus and Harrow's grinds as well.

Personally, I only want to spend my platinum on things that can only be bought with platinum, like many cosmetics. 

Edited by TheGunSlanger

Harrow grind was a complete nightmare because Defection mode was pretty buggy in the past. Imagine you are close to get Rotation C reward and those Kavors just refused to move, or all the time.

If you are not interested in spending time in Arbitration, just buy Grendel. I am a F2Per and I bought Grendel, Hildryn, Garuda and Baruuk. The benefits are potato installed and a free warframe slot.

I always buy warframes WHENEVER i find the grind for them is bullsh*t and not enjoyable. I'd rather sell my stuff and get 325p within 1 hour.

I would say that Grendel is a worse Inaros that you can unlock for a clanmember if someone has the keys and you have a group that can finish the defence mission (Frost, Trinity, Octavia...)

If you dont do it for the LoLz the frame isnt worth it, because he is just a high HP frame, but with less HP than Inaros (making the arane that regs life based on HP not work as well).
You can get him anytime if you can find people that unlock it with you... unlike Inaros that comes from the Voidtrader. I think this is the reason why he is in the game... a tanky high HP frame that you can give to a friend

On 2019-12-22 at 11:56 PM, Vedlom said:

For me: buying frames that is locked behind a very poor RNG gate is understandable.  e.g. Harrow, Khora, Ivara.

Grendel however is not behind this gate.

And for prime is relatively easy to farm.  Thanks to you, I have people to sell my prime parts to.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

On 2019-12-22 at 10:37 PM, PuddLou said:

is he fun?

Definition of "fun" can be hard to explain. If you enjoy the loop of eating + digesting + vomiting enemies out of an airlock / off a cliff / into another enemy. Roaming the battlefield as a chubby agile ninja....
Yes, he is fun.

On 2019-12-22 at 10:37 PM, PuddLou said:

should i do it?

It's your platinum, but I recommend to save up your platinums for something more important such as warframe/weapon slots. (currently we have about 400 weapons available, which costs you around 400*6 = 2400 plats, if u managed to endure the grind to obtain them all. Or buying riven mods which gives you a major performance boost while you can equip your weapon to any frame not only your Grendel.