Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 1 – Oct 3, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

Please restrict trading as much as possible!

80% of the fun of the game in its current state is to work hard for the rare and powerful mods; if you can simply get them from someone who has already done all the work, much of the enjoyment of the game is lost!

Also, please don't tie elemental effects to crit; give proc its own stat!

80% of the fun of the game in its current state is to work hard for the rare and powerful mods; if you can simply get them from someone who has already done all the work, much of the enjoyment of the game is lost!

Work hard?  Are you kidding me?  This is a computer game we are talking about here.  If you want to work hard.   I suggest climbing up and down scaffolds all day long, building, and dismantling them.

What's this mean exactly..?

Typically the caster frames are those like Ember, Volt, Nova, Mag, Banshee, Nyx, Trinity (though is often seen as a support caster) and Vauban(again more support caster).  Typically those with low armour and high energy.

Hybrids tend to have moderate armour and some utility skills like Loki, Excalibur, Necros, or Ash, while the 'Tank' types tend to be high armour/health like Rhino, Frost and Saryn.

So more like the hybrid/tank style frames than the casters.

Edited by Loswaith

Please remember, you are speaking only for yourself. Feel free NOT to trade and feel free to destroy anything good that ever drops for you, so you can keep up the evergrind and not lose 80% of YOUR fun : )

Edited by SAFEASHOUSES

I think it would be healthier for the game as a whole if the elemental mods were just a %chance to proc an effect.  Even them all out to the same percentage based on primary, secondary, melee, and then make them function as the stun mod with a special effect like:

* Fire - 90% chance on hit of short-term "DoT"

* Frost - 90% chance on hit of short-term "Freeze"

* Electric - 90% chance on hit of short-term "Root"

* Armor Piercing - 90% chance on hit of "Sunder"

Root would keep the target from moving but allow them to shoot/swing

Sunder would reduce the enemy's armor

Then you could make effects hinder the different factions in special ways:

* Fire DoTs do more damage to Infested

* Freeze effects 1/2 enemy shields

* Electric damage fully stuns Moas and Ospreys

* Sunder effect allows greater headshot damage; allows Corpus to be headshot by all weaponry

I believe this trade system will work out, mods, weapons, and whatever you said MR. grineer. probably in the later future you can let anyone trade not just clans, maybe clans and friends, if it works out. either way cant wait for the new Frame LOVE THIS GAME

:D

I Know this isn't the best place to suggest such a thing, But I've been known to give ideas about GameSages, Events, Changes to improve game, (mostly to DE Steve before I deployed)

Anyways! I'd love to see a Infested warframe, One that has a backstory of being awoken with infested cells that fuzed his powers. Power 1 being Healing Aura like the infested healing ancient gives a few bursts of healing within a distance, Skill 2 Like the meelee Ancient give it an attack Booster Or like extend one of the arms and make it punch through everything infront of it. Skill 3 Open for ideas or something similar to the kamikaze infested make the warframe expend its current shields and do 3x shield damage in an explosion radious (thus giving it intense damage potential at a risky price). and make its final skill 4 its back story of pre infested it was a laser tenno make its enormous Left arm thats currently infested flip up or out of its chest do a super Blaster thats has a 2 second channel but INTENSE damage output.

Great idea!  It would be awesome if  they made a warframe like that.

Edited by maxsav

Yessss, thank god a trading system. I've been wanting this for sooo sooo sooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! Also, just want to say. Who else loves the whole free T-Shirt/Ninja Headband thing? I still haven't gotten over how epic that is. XD

Trading should be released in an event to make people more motivated to contribute. People who dont do the event can trade but they will fell guillty for not helping

Just being realistic. About 99% of people would not feel any emotionally distress over "not contributing" during the "trade event" period.

I think it would be healthier for the game as a whole if the elemental mods were just a %chance to proc an effect.  Even them all out to the same percentage based on primary, secondary, melee, and then make them function as the stun mod with a special effect like:

* Fire - 90% chance on hit of short-term "DoT"

* Frost - 90% chance on hit of short-term "Freeze"

* Electric - 90% chance on hit of short-term "Root"

* Armor Piercing - 90% chance on hit of "Sunder"

Root would keep the target from moving but allow them to shoot/swing

Sunder would reduce the enemy's armor

Then you could make effects hinder the different factions in special ways:

* Fire DoTs do more damage to Infested

* Freeze effects 1/2 enemy shields

* Electric damage fully stuns Moas and Ospreys

* Sunder effect allows greater headshot damage; allows Corpus to be headshot by all weaponry

If that's what you want, you're going to be pleasantly surprised by how the rework is going to function.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

So what am I currently working on?...Over the last couple of days I have finished up and planned out the next 4 weekend events. 2 of these will be introduced as events but will become permanent additions to the game. The first will be coming on our first Wednesday update.Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them).Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type.I know some of you will be mad that your issue with the game hasn't yet been addressed here. In the coming days/weeks/months I plan to give you more insight on the inner workings of the development of Warframe.That's it for now, back to work!

Fighting with Steve.... Scott :P

This is the kind of communication that players really want, and the kind that developers rarely offer.

Keep it up.

Edit: BTW as far as trading goes, we really need the ability to trade void keys. I have a clanmate who has dozens of the things unused because he can't host our games.

I think his graphics driver is outdated. I had the same problem and fixed it by just updating drivers. ;)