Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Boar Is A Tenno Weapon People. (Sorry This Annoys Me)

Stormandreas

Now everyone, As far as I've seen, there has been a lot of confusion between whether the Boar is a Tenno or Grineer weapon (due to its design). This annoys me a LOT! As its clear it ISN'T a Grineer weapon.

Here is one reason why it isn't. IT HAS A PRIME! All Primed weapons and their standard counterparts, are Tenno based. (see list below)

Snipetron is a Corpus weapon and became a Vandal.

Strun is a Grineer weapon, and became a Wraith.

The Latron, Paris, Bronco, Skana, Dakra, Orthos, Fang and Reaper are all deffinite Tenno weapons. Thus by using this theory, the Boar is also one.

The Braton and Lato do not count, as they were the original weapons in the game, and so the Braton ended up being used by all factions (this COULD mean it may get a Wraith, but lets wait and see). Similarly for the Lato, but it wasn't used by other factions.

Now, lets also look at the description of the Boar Prime. "One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot."

Yes, of TENNO craftsmanship. Remember the Primes were supposed to come first, so saying the Boar is a Grineer weapon or Grineer based, is completely false.

Ok, so remember everybody:

A Primed weapon is a Tenno weapon

A Vandal weapon is a Corpus weapon

A Wraith weapon is a Grineer weapon.

Braton and Lato are exceptions.

Edited by Stormandreas

There's a few problems with your line of argument.

First, the Strun and the Boar are obviously variants of one another, and the Grineer and Tenno aren't exactly cribbing design notes off of one another. This indicates either the Strun isn't of Grineer origin, the current variant of the Boar isn't a Tenno design, or both.

Second, if I were to go out and build an AK variant, it would be an example of my craftsmanship, not exactly the craftsmanship of the designer, Kalashnikov. Since it's the Tenno who are running around and building Boar Primes, the line indicates that we are good at building things, not that the Boar Prime is our design.

Third, Vandals are more or less Lotus-specific variants of the weapon, as evidenced by the Lotus flower on the stock. Since I don't see big Lotus flowers on the stock of every weapon we employ, I must assume she had something to do with their creation.

the fact that Grineer weapons have a very 'function and no form' style with a lot of sharp, grotesque visual features, clearly makes Boar not a Grineer weapon. Boar doesn't even remotely look like Hind, now, does it?

not at all.

however, Boar Prime also easily clears it up as well.

i've never personally been the slightest bit confused about Boars' origins. it was obvious the first time i looked at it.

edit:

This indicates either the Strun isn't of Grineer origin

what's to say it ever was? Burston was a placeholder, Strun probably also is until someone comes up with a better idea and it's implemented. 

Strun doesn't match any of the Grineer design philosophies. it does however, seem to be clean enough to be Tenno.

Edited by taiiat

Third, Vandals are more or less Lotus-specific variants of the weapon, as evidenced by the Lotus flower on the stock. Since I don't see big Lotus flowers on the stock of every weapon we employ, I must assume she had something to do with their creation.

Well actually, Vandal weapons are literally just weapons from other factions or other origins, that we Tenno went and modified slightly, adding a bit of flavor to the appearance by spraying on a lotus insignia. Just a bit of creative graffiti, a bit of 'Vandal'ism

Edited by Stafer

Well actually, Vandal weapons are literally just weapons from other factions or other origins, that we Tenno went and modified slightly, adding a bit of flavor to the appearance by spraying on a lotus insignia. Just a bit of creative graffiti, a bit of 'Vandal'ism

You sure about that? I'm curious about where the Braton and Lato come from then.

You sure about that? I'm curious about where the Braton and Lato come from then.

its highly possible that this wasn't thought of lore-wise at the time Lato and Braton Vandal were released, and so when they took into account 'uhh shouldn't the Tenno be putting the lotus decal on modifies weapons that didn't belong to them already? But then again the Lato and Braton might just be standard issue firearms in the sector or whatever. Like a common brand/model of gun at a firearms dealership.

If you look at the art style, the Boar, Strun, Braton, Snipetron/Lanka, Supra, and Spectra are all Corpus styles. Grey and boxy, hard edges and sharp corners. It fits with their ship design and even the helmets.

Now look at the Grineer. Rounded and bulbous with exposed components, often with greens and browns. Very few truly flat surfaces. Grakata, Gorgon, Vulkar, Kraken. And the Grineer themselves have a similar design, with their armor.

Tenno weapons (not Prime) almost have a steampunk feel, with additions like the spur on the grip of the Boltor/Bolto, and that prong on the Furis. They also look like they have wooden grips with the default color scheme.

----------

Tinfoil hat time.

If you look at the Braton, you can see what looks like Corpus script on the weapon. Similar markings can also be found on the Snipetron/Lanka model.

If the Lotus is some kind of rebel Corpus AI, it would explain why she has access to Corpus weapon designs.

Tinfoil hat time.

If you look at the Braton, you can see what looks like Corpus script on the weapon. Similar markings can also be found on the Snipetron/Lanka model.

If the Lotus is some kind of rebel Corpus AI, it would explain why she has access to Corpus weapon designs.

Corpus calls her / us the Betrayer.

So there.

Tinfoil hat time.

Braton is originally a Orokin weapon. Corpus are known to be really fascinated by Orokin technology and probably manufactured many things based on the Old War salvage. One of the reverse technology is likely the Braton series as we know right now.

This also explains why it's a "favorite" of the Tenno. They are closely related to the Orokin, who made their Warframes as well. Therefore, their weapon of choice in the past might have been the Braton Prime. It wouldn't be hard for them to pick up the mass-produced version made today.

Therefore, the ORIGINS of the Braton, possibly Boar and Strun, are Orokin, which means the Tenno likely used them (and there might have been some lost Tenno variant of these weapons). However, the Braton as we know today (and probably the Strun+Boar as well) are likely made by the Corpus based on the Orokin salvage.

On the point about Lotus, anyone can have access to Corpus manufactured weapons, since they are in charge of the markets and all that (except for their unique weapons, which are only accessible through reverse engineering in the Clan techs by us).

Prime weapons are the original, not tenno. 

It's entirely possible the Grineer found the designs and made the boar. 

More likely by the Corpus to be honest, both in lore and in the weapon's appearance. The Grineer have been studying the Tenno and Warframes but haven't gotten much progress, especially compared to the Corpus.

what's to say it ever was? Burston was a placeholder, Strun probably also is until someone comes up with a better idea and it's implemented. 

Strun doesn't match any of the Grineer design philosophies. it does however, seem to be clean enough to be Tenno.

I'm still intrigued by this. Aren't Grineer shock troopers on Phobos already using Sobek? Why haven't they replaced them yet for regular ones?

Edited by Casardis

The Boar was most likely of Orokin design, then imitated and crafted by Tenno.

The Grineer may have gotten their hands on the designs, or the Tenno simply lost some of the improving components that differentiate the Boar Prime from the Boar.

The Lato Vandal is a Vandal variant of the Lato, which is presumably of Tenno creation (inspired by Orokin design), as there is no evidence of the Corpus or Grineer every using one. Thus, we can conclude that Vandals can be variants of just about any weapon.

The Strun, being used by Grineer Troopers, is obviously of Grineer origin, but the Wraith class of weaponry has only been seen on the Strun. We cannot make strong assumptions based on one piece of evidence. Furthermore, it is odd that there is a new class of weaponry exclusive to Tenno, when it could have easily been a Vandal. With this is mind, we have no idea who designed the Wraith class.

Enjoy.

The Primes are Orokin era weapons.

Vandals are weapons modified by the Lotus, like the Snipetron shipment which was intercepted by the Lotus.

A Wraith is an OP shotgun.

The Boar and Strun have very similar design, and with the Boar being confirmed as an Orokin design that means that the Strun should be too. The Hek and Sobek are confirmed Grineer designs and have a very different design from the Strun. 

Corpus calls her / us the Betrayer.

So there.

That would explain why the Braton looks like the snipetron

Now everyone, As far as I've seen, there has been a lot of confusion between whether the Boar is a Tenno or Grineer weapon (due to its design). This annoys me a LOT! As its clear it ISN'T a Grineer weapon.

Here is one reason why it isn't. IT HAS A PRIME! All Primed weapons and their standard counterparts, are Tenno based. (see list below)

Snipetron is a Corpus weapon and became a Vandal.

Strun is a Grineer weapon, and became a Wraith.

The Latron, Paris, Bronco, Skana, Dakra, Orthos, Fang and Reaper are all deffinite Tenno weapons. Thus by using this theory, the Boar is also one.

The Braton and Lato do not count, as they were the original weapons in the game, and so the Braton ended up being used by all factions (this COULD mean it may get a Wraith, but lets wait and see). Similarly for the Lato, but it wasn't used by other factions.

Now, lets also look at the description of the Boar Prime. "One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot."

Yes, of TENNO craftsmanship. Remember the Primes were supposed to come first, so saying the Boar is a Grineer weapon or Grineer based, is completely false.

Bro, the strun is a Tenno shotgun... and lore wise Braton and Lato are Tenno weaponry

The Boar and Strun have very similar design, and with the Boar being confirmed as an Orokin design that means that the Strun should be too. The Hek and Sobek are confirmed Grineer designs and have a very different design from the Strun.

Just because they look SIMILAR does not mean they SHOULD be of the same origin.

This is what everyone simply assumes, and thats what annoys me a lot.