Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conglomerated Railjack feedback from someone who actually enjoys it

Hyohakusha

I'm at 8-10-7-6 and I got there the proper way, instead of using the cheap Flexa farm. I figured I'd post some observations since DE's finally getting back soon. Unsurprisingly, people who Flexa'ed their way to straight 10s tend not to have a clue about anything Railjack related, almost as if purposely avoiding a game mode only ends with you having no functional understanding of how that game mode works.

One of the biggest complaints I see repeated is about damage. If you think an Arcwing can outkill a Railjack you need to spend a bit more time practicing with it. With a Galvarc and decent aim, you can cut down a group of five ships in seconds. With Munitions Vortex and Void Hole, you'll take out the whole squad of twenty. However, there's the issue of godawful mod drop chances walling off those better options. Without access to them, people are going to rely on their AWs. These same people then say Railjack sucks, when they aren't even interacting with it, but then that just feeds back into a loop of not being able to get the parts needed to make their Railjack's good. I've got 50+ L Hyperstrike's, I've found 4 Z Hyperstrike's, but I've never seen a V Hyperstrike. Same goes for Bulkhead, and Hullweave's the opposite, with Zetki being the one to just never show up. Those 0.1% and 0.2% drop rates need a massive boost, as things like Damage, HP and Armor really shouldn't be locked behind a grind that's out of order progression wise, and downright schizophrenic in terms of distribution

As for guns specifically, a small boost to the Hyperstrike mods would be nice, like having Z Hyperstrike cap at 180-200% and scaling the rest accordingly. The Cryophon doesn't need it, but a bump in damage for the rest of them would help close the meta gap that's already forming. Honestly though. the guns are fine as is, as the people who complain the loudest about their damage tend to crash into things a lot and have terrible aim. The Artillery Cannon is a slight exception; it will still work in the Veil with Zetki forward Artillery if you soften up the crewship first, but feels a little underpowered regardless. Infinite punchthrough would help. But again, the real issue is in acquiring those weapons. Lavan and Vidar are better than Sigma and Zetki when it comes to guns. Lavan and Vidar guns only drop off of Crewships, with a fairly low chance, and that brings up the next, and most annoying part underlying all of this.

The chance of missing those good drops is infuriating. Someone didn't grab the puff of loot orbs from the Crewship. That outrider flew off behind a small mountain when it exploded. That Elite Takti crashed into the back of a rock and you couldn't even see it happen. Avionic drops and scrap part drops should just be added to your inventory automatically. Our loot radar has issues with vertical distance, and the general size of the maps, plus the speed that you're moving through them at just ends in knowing that you've missed rare drops. Progression only comes in massive spikes of having or not having a thing, which leads to the part RNG.

I got extremely lucky with a 93 cap Vidar mk3. I've also seen Zetki mk3's with 9 cap. This has been said a dozen times and still needs repeating. The reactor avionics capacity bonuses need to be balanced. Specifically mk3's. Sigma is +50. A Zetki should be +55-75. Lavan should be +65-85. Vidar should be +80-100. Sigma's the base, Zetki's the most common drop, Lavan and Vidar are rare rewards. They should scale in relative power accordingly. This shouldn't need explaining, and the reactor numbers shipping as they did is disgusting. In addition, the drop rates for Lavan and Vidar weapons from Crewships need to be brought up to be comparable to outrider's dropping Zetki's, and Lavan and Vidar end of mission rewards also need a nice fat boost.

Intrinsics have issues. Some work half the time, some flat out do nothing, and most of the 10's are very underwhelming. Bugs making them non-functional is just something that needs a simple fix though. The gain could use a buff, like a fixed bonus awarded at the end of every mission, but getting 10 in everything isn't very high on the list of things that need to fixed to straighten out this mess. And no more carry over for Intrinsics xp if you quit a mission. The RNG may cause people to view Flexa as a "better" alternative, but that being an option only creates people who are terrible at playing Railjack despite having maxed Intrinsics.

In terms of Resource gain, Asterite needs to drop from one additional location. Enemies, interior crates and lockers, whatever. Anything. Anything other than just rocks and the odd cache hanging out in space. The option to cancel guns that are being fixed to get back the resources is something Pablo already brought up, so :thumbup:for that.

Other than that, let us color the energy of our guns, and have the ships energy color actually affect the interior energy lighting.

The biggest issues were obvious from the start; cost to fix scrap, low drop chances with poorly thought out number ranges, and it's way too easy to miss drops that would be a massive help. Clean that up and people will be surprised at how fun it is, if they actually give it a chance. But that is contingent on DE putting in the effort to actually fix it.

• Like 1

Avid railjack captain here, yes the core gameplay loop is very enjoyable. But the progression on this mode sucks. Why does DE put the best avionics through pure RNG with a ridiculously low chance? Mind you The Railjack doesn’t have any ability that can increase the loot drops, making it even worse. To show you how horrible it is, Zekti Bulkhead has 1.01% chance of dropping from Kosma Cutters, but a chance for a random avionic drop is 15%. That drops the chance to around 0.1%. That means you need to kill around 1000 Kosma Cutters or maybe even more depending on your luck.

10 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

Honestly though. the guns are fine as is, as the people who complain the loudest about their damage tend to crash into things a lot and have terrible aim.

I disagree. Cryophon and Carcinnox are good.

The rest are worthless for damage. Photor especially is underwhelming, considering the amount of manual dexterity needed to make it work.

The reactor avionics capacity bonuses need to be balanced. Specifically mk3's. Sigma is +50. A Zetki should be +55-75. Lavan should be +65-85. Vidar should be +80-100.

STRONG disagree. Our Avionics Capacity should not be dependent on RNG drops.

Avionics capacity should be the same for *ALL* MK3 drops, and they need to have a different set of stats to differentiate the Houses. I'd personally accept Flux capacity vs Flux regen, but they could also toss in Boost capacity/regen for funsies.

Sigma's the base, Zetki's the most common drop, Lavan and Vidar are rare rewards.

I would honestly rather see Zetki/Lavan/Vidar be a real choice depending on how players want to build their ships, rather than one specific option being THE best option, period.

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Mind you The Railjack doesn’t have any ability that can increase the loot drops

Technically, Mod Drop Chance Booster works... Baro had it this past weekend, so I went and bought 4-5 of 'em.

Not ideal, I know, but it's something.

The chance of missing those good drops is infuriating. Someone didn't grab the puff of loot orbs from the Crewship. That outrider flew off behind a small mountain when it exploded. That Elite Takti crashed into the back of a rock and you couldn't even see it happen. Avionic drops and scrap part drops should just be added to your inventory automatically. Our loot radar has issues with vertical distance, and the general size of the maps, plus the speed that you're moving through them at just ends in knowing that you've missed rare drops. Progression only comes in massive spikes of having or not having a thing, which leads to the part RNG.

Strongly agree with all of this. Just the fact that we might miss the drop itself is infuriating, let alone the rare chance TO drop.

If you think an Arcwing can outkill a Railjack you need to spend a bit more time practicing with it.

Truth.

Lavan and Vidar guns only drop off of Crewships

Oh. It's so low I didn't even know that. I was wondering why I had such a hard time finding them.

Edited by DrakeWurrum