Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Codex Entries

pantophage

There are currently 3 enemies in the codex that are impossible (or nigh impossible) to get scans on: 

J3 Golem, which was removed when raids were removed. Since the J3 is no longer in the game, it should either be removed from the codex or made into a hidden entry similar to nightwatch units/datalysts.

Vapos Condor Dropships/ Vapos condor elite dropships, which have not been present since the end of hostile mergers or one of the subsequent hot fixes. There is little to no reason for Vapos Condors to have been removed, from what I recall as there were no serious bugs associated with them, and DE even supposedly fixed them not spawning, but that proved to be false.

Jackal eximus, although it is possible, It is extremely difficult to obtain and may or may not be able to spawn currently:

Furthermore, even if it isn't bugged, it is more likely that you will get a legendary core from a sortie than get a jackal eximus to spawn. The only documented way for a jackal eximus to spawn is for a jackal to spawn during an eximus wave burp on a thermia fracture. 

In order for a player to have somewhere between a 23~49% chance of spawning ONE unit (difference based on number of cans inserted and random frequency of burps), they have to run 50 fractures, using 2-4 can runs. this puts their event score between 175~350 and time spent sealing fractures between 3.8~4.5 hours (assuming no time in between fractures)

at 100 fractures sealed, a player is looking at a 40~75% chance of encountering ONE jackal eximus, event score between 350~700 and 8~9 hours. now remember that it takes 3 scans to complete their codex entry. If you have the luck to have the double scan simaris widget activate, then only 2 scans. 

Being generous and splitting the difference, you're looking at around 5-10 hours per scan if you have perfect efficiency. In practice, my current fracture score is well over 500 and I have sunk over 25 hours into attempting to spawn this unit to no avail. The Manic Bombard Eximus was a rare unit, but it has clear spawn criteria with a very reasonable success rate, requiring very few runs of Uranus Sabotage. The Jackal eximus is an exercise of madness when it comes to attempting to complete its codex entry. Despite a clear spawn mechanic, it is virtually impossible to obtain scans of.

I know I and many others would greatly appreciate the ability to complete our codex. The Codex is also in need of a major revision, as many entries are somewhat inaccurate and use outdated or incorrect models, but I would happily settle for a complete codex.

9 minutes ago, pantophage said:

J3 Golem, which was removed when raids were removed. Since the J3 is no longer in the game, it should either be removed from the codex or made into a hidden entry similar to nightwatch units/datalysts.

Since raids are said to come back I would say this isn't rarer than a Nightwatch Grineer.

Vapos Condor Dropships/ Vapos condor elite dropships, which have not been present since the end of hostile mergers or one of the subsequent hot fixes. There is little to no reason for Vapos Condors to have been removed, from what I recall as there were no serious bugs associated with them, and DE even supposedly fixed them not spawning, but that proved to be false.

I assume they might be used in some future event, even if recycled. They may even be added to a future content drop and stay for good, like many other types. Or not, seeingas this kind of little stuff is very easily forgotten.

Jackal eximus, although it is possible, It is extremely difficult to obtain and may or may not be able to spawn currently:

I'm honestly now finding out about it in this post. Welp, I guess.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Don't forget Misery, Artificer or whatever it's called from Shadow Debt, Nightwatch Power Cell Carrier, the second Infested Tumor, and more.

The Codex is a complete mess and it has been for years. It's better to just give up on it.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Since raids are said to comeback I would say this isn't rarer than a Nightwatch Grineer.

different people at DE have said different things about raids returning, and leaving it in because of a "some day" scenario is just being lazy

• Like 1

Also base Stalker. By the time people find out about the Codex and scans, they are already with the Shadow version. Having to rely on random groups on the odd chance one in there is a newbie, who's being hunted by the Stalker, and who happens to spawn it when you're there, makes it probably the apex of Warframe's RNG.

• Like 2

I think that the lancing hive is similar, but even if you know about codex, you still need 3 scans, and it only spawns once in the hidden messages quest, so you either have to abort the mission after scanning it until your entry is complete or find people who haven't played through the quest

I gotta ask as I was doing a race with my son to finish the Codex....until he went to Black Ops...does anyone have a full Codex to see what should be aimed for nowadays? 

I want to start up in February getting the Codex filled as have not seen much in game in Orange til Railjack came around. Hek, I would love to get the Void Legendary Containers as they seem to have stopped spawning for a couple years on XBOX.

Also....is the regular Codex scanner and the Simarus Codex scanner with the speed boost the same time to scan recently? I used to see a difference in speed but since Railjack, they seem to be slowed down again....or just my view?

I beleive theres still a scan somewhere for the excavation scanner. First month of excavation being a main game mode you actually had to fuel up a scanner on the other side of the map and have it call in the excavators. I think its the first case of a completely missed scan.

Didnt get it myself, ultmately never cared, but its a little fun fact and something you can know will never come back above anything else. 

Enjoy getting the Datalyst. The codex was supposed to be DE's answer to getting more lore and wiki info into the game(can you believe they wanted to give every unit a little blurb with info?). Only thing it actually provided are mod drop tables, and flavor text for a very small handful of units. Oh well, on to the next hype.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom