Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get a notification when our comments get deleted, and a reason why?

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)rayswof98 said:

Then that means the topic they were in was most likely archived or merged with another topic that was the same.

This is unfortunately not the case. I have seen several posts (and made several myself) in developer-created topics that were outright removed from existence, and no longer show up in post history. I would also very much like to know why it happens, since deleting criticism has never worked out positively in the history of ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sapphirya said:

since deleting criticism has never worked out positively in the history of ever.

There are ways and means to provide criticism and if your posts are being removed then you are doing the wrong way, inflammatory posts tend to vanish the fastest which is good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

There are ways and means to provide criticism and if your posts are being removed then you are doing the wrong way, inflammatory posts tend to vanish the fastest which is good.

Rather presumptuous of you. If it was truly inflammatory and violated forum rules, then I should have received a warning, yes? Then I would at least know that I was doing something wrong.

I'll give an example of one that got deleted. I was quoting someone else and referenced another live-service game, Final Fantasy XIV. I pointed out that the initial 1.0 release of the game was a massive flop, a financial disaster for Square Enix, and it almost destroyed the company. In their own internal post-mortem, two of the reasons they cited for the game's failure was a refusal to listen to the community because they believed that they as developers knew better, and the fact that they didn't actually play their own game. No personal attacks, no inflammatory bait. Post deleted.

Second example: A brief reminder to those in the thread complaining about Empyrean that if they were having issues with it, then they should do their best to stop grinding away for Vidar reactor drops and go cold turkey on the entire game mode. Playing the content despite hating it means that the content is successfully engaging you, which means that it's working as designed. In addition I posted a number of bugs I was having with the game mode before I had stopped playing it, and also pointed out that Archmelee was still nonfunctional with the lock-on bugged. No personal attacks, no inflammatory bait. Post deleted.

Edited by Sapphirya

If you are too critical, too negative, too sarcastic, your reply can/will get removed. I speak from experience.

1 minute ago, Sapphirya said:

If it was truly inflammatory and violated forum rules, then I should have received a warning, yes?

Actually no. I think the amount of people that receive warning point is far smaller than the amount of people that have comment removed. I think over a dozen of my comments have been removed, but I've never received an actual warning / warning points.

9 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

I think over a dozen of my comments have been removed, but I've never received an actual warning / warning points.

Personally, I don't think that this is a good thing. Clarity and communication is important, and you should know why something you post gets deleted, even if it's just a short copypasted private message from a mod saying that you're being too negative.

If a post you were quoting or responding to gets removed, there is a very high likelihood that is why your post was removed as well. 

If a conversation in a thread is found to be off-topic or not in keeping with the rules, the entire conversation--including posts quoting or responding to said conversation--will be removed. Sometimes this involves removing posts from a large number of users, and notifying every single user individually that their post was removed and the reason why becomes too time consuming of a task. Instead, the ones who are notified are the users who violate the rules to the extent where warning points are issued.