Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme weapon falloff

Richeatue

Question

I've played through the entire map, finished quests up to The Sacrifice, yet I'm only level 7. However I'm basically stuck now, because all of my weapons are complete trash that can barely do level 40+ enemies, even when fully modded. Are there any level 7 primaries I can use to get in to extremely beefy enemies? The only reason I'm able to do my daily sorties etc is by using valkyr's claws to get through them. Hopefully you guys can help me find an ideal weapon until I can get to mastery 12+, thank you.

Mods, Mod Ranks Then Weapon Choice, imho altho shotguns can deal some dmg, i find myself getting slowed down and annoyed at the seemingly endless reload times, try rifles, even the braton series can clean up the starmap easy with the right mods and decent mod ranks.  then there is the repeating event from thermia fractures that reward the opticor vandal, which says it is mastery 14, but just completing the event bags you the weapon regardless of your mastery rank, you could be MR0 and still get the opticor vandal, that weapon will easily devastate the starmap if your other weapons or mods+mod ranks arent up to scratch.

Edited by Methanoid

I hope op got the point of all the responses: mods - everything you need.
Leveled mods on the correct places make the game, not the weapons.
I wish there is a big neon sign that is in the starting of the game for new players explaining every detail about mods, how important they are and how to use them.

Edited by vegetosayajin

35 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I wish there is a big neon sign that is in the starting of the game for new players explaining every detail about mods, how important they are and how to use them.

New Player Tutorial: Soon™
Wonder how long that has been on that whiteboard we saw ages ago 😉

13 hours ago, Richeatue said:

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for!

yeah... no. this is a default paste from somewhere, nobody in the right mind would expect someone at mr7 to grind 8 zones of ESO for a braton vandal, which is also slightly worse than braton prime. 

I saw your Hek build, try removing flechette as slash is not that good on Hek and all the other mods that the other dude discouraged against. 
Have a fiddle with 60/60 electical or toxic mods, along with charged shell it will give you nice corrosive. Vicious Spread works great on Hek too, maybe mag size or fire rate or reload mod to sustain the damage you are putting out. get the hek augment (scattered justice)
oh and max all your mods

do thermia fractures whenever they pop up, it will give you opticor vandal and some rly good amalgam mods (organ shatter and serration).

7 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

All the number crunching I've done points to normal Hek + Scattered Justice > Anything I could think of with Vaykor Hek. The multishot boost just skews it so hard, and you can't stack Scattered Justice on Vaykor Hek. I tried to make Vaykor hit harder, but the numbers say it won't happen (in theory).

I agree 100%. with the right build, not only hek slaps very hard, but can also crit very hard completely with no crit chance mods. 

27 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

yeah... no. this is a default paste from somewhere, nobody in the right mind would expect someone at mr7 to grind 8 zones of ESO for a braton vandal, which is also slightly worse than braton prime. 

The "default paste" is from my own website.
I never stated I expect OP to grind out ESO for a Braton Vandal. However, it can be used from MR4, which is why I mentioned it in there. I absolutely don't recommend new players to grind that out, but they can access it through plat or from a generous friend if they so desire or the chance arises.

27 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

oh and max all your mods

"nobody in the right mind would expect someone at mr7 to grind" out enough Endo to max out all their mods.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

21 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The "default paste" is from my own website.
I never stated I expect OP to grind out ESO for a Braton Vandal. However, it can be used from MR4, which is why I mentioned it in there. I absolutely don't recommend new players to grind that out, but they can access it through plat or from a generous friend if they so desire or the chance arises.

"nobody in the right mind would expect someone at mr7 to grind" out enough Endo to max out all their mods.

ive had all primary mods (serration, hornet strike etc) by MR6, because I was asking for advices and that one was what I got. so, yeah, people do max their mods early. this also helped me to understadn what to do with all the ayatans Ive accumulated back then.

what you said about braton vandal makes sense, but the table you 'pasted' does not convey this message. neither does it, that braton vandal set in non-grind conditions is 250p right now. 

16 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

ive had all primary mods (serration, hornet strike etc) by MR6, because I was asking for advices and that one was what I got. so, yeah, people do max their mods early. this also helped me to understadn what to do with all the ayatans Ive accumulated back then.

what you said about braton vandal makes sense, but the table you 'pasted' does not convey this message. neither does it, that braton vandal set in non-grind conditions is 250p right now. 

I'm not saying people don't, but expecting them to isn't right either.

The table is just an overview. On the actual page it mentions checking the wiki to see how the weapons in question are acquired. And yes, 250p is a crazy price. Regardless, I still gave my brother a set instead of selling it, lol.

some ideas ....

my friend bought a "pack" that somehow bypassed the mastery rank requirements to get the opticore and pretty much used almost nothing else and still using it now.

personally I got the opticore vandal from fortuna. I have seen the reward popup a few times, it's pretty low~ish MR requirement (is it 10?) just spam that mission until weapon get! I also used the weapon almost exclusively for a long time without needing to replace it, still use it sometimes now!