Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please revert the maneuverability

(PSN)piroburst1

Please change the archwing maneuverability back to what it was for the open world.  The way it is at current gives less range of motion while flying around and feels really constrictive.  Please revert it back for, at least, the open world.  The animations for the direction that the archwing is going doesn't match the direction that it's flying in.  Bottom line is it is far less enjoyable and doesn't allow for the precise movement needed for things such as speed tricaps.   

What are you on and where can I get some?

Are you seriously suggesting that DE bring back that floaty "I stopped moving but not really" and "look at me I'm upside down", when you have pin point accuracy and stopping on a dime as soon as you stop your input... you know LIKE IT SHOULD BE, and like it was originally.

Old floaty controls: I want to get from A to B, *gets to B* floats off into the distance, oh wait I gotta correct, oh I'm also upside down let me see where the ground is...  Ok finally I'm at B.
Current controls: I want to get from A to B, *gets to B*. THAT'S IT.

You can still dismount while at speed and keep the momentum like before so you can aim glide your way in a location, so that can't be the reason you want the obviously worse and flawed control scheme back.

50 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Are you seriously suggesting that DE bring back that floaty "I stopped moving but not really" and "look at me I'm upside down", when you have pin point accuracy and stopping on a dime as soon as you stop your input... you know LIKE IT SHOULD BE, and like it was originally.

Old floaty controls: I want to get from A to B, *gets to B* floats off into the distance, oh wait I gotta correct, oh I'm also upside down let me see where the ground is...  Ok finally I'm at B.

You can still dismount while at speed and keep the momentum like before so you can aim glide your way in a location, so that can't be the reason you want the obviously worse and flawed control scheme back.

I want the floaty back without the lack of horizontal stabilization

53 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

From a gameplay standpoint, I'd say the current version is objectively more 'efficient' because of the precision it allows over the old style of flight. However, aside from the issues of controlling your momentum (ie: it was done poorly), I still prefer the old style because you could roll and flip around in any way you desired.

I think there's some middle ground that could be found there, should DE ever choose to revise the mechanics again. One example would be the auto-orientation feature that's present in Railjacks or just offering a toggle to choose your flight style (ex: Basic or Advanced).

Edited by Ailith

1 hour ago, (PS4)piroburst1 said:

and doesn't allow for the precise movement needed for things such as speed tricaps.   

This is objectively false. The old version was so utterly broken, and so impossible to reconcile with any known laws of inertia and momentum, that you couldn't precisely maneuver AT ALL. You couldn't aim and fly in independent directions (you literally couldn't, the game would not let you) and it could take nearly eight entire seconds to go from flying to hovering. Not an exaggeration, LITERALLY EIGHT SECONDS

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

When they modular the Archwings, the way they fly should be a selection we make.

who are we kidding, precedence says we can expect to get lego pieces but half or more of the lego pieces are literally useless
then Digital Extremes complains everyone is using the same lego pieces, and nerfs... something
and then it never gets anywhere because ultimately most of the lego pieces weren't useful for anything in the first place but you're supposed to use them anyways even if they're useless.

yno, since we have other lego things to give us precedence on.

Edited by taiiat

12 hours ago, EDM774 said:

You do not play at the level necessary to understand what I'm talking about.  It's not about dismounting from archwing, you could blink while invisible hit a lure then hack it and get back into the fight.  This was important for numerous reasons that I'm not going to get into but the act of dismounting, attacking, hacking, and getting back into the fight is horribly slow.  Also about you not being able to control your archwing means your sensitivity settings were higher than you could handle.

And as an extra note flying upsidedown and doing barrel rolls is fun....because we're flying..

The alternative fix is the movement in operator mode and using lockdown but it's cost a lot of energy pads.  But I'm not going explains the ends and outs of that here I'm sure you can just find out more by going on youtube.

Edited by (PS4)piroburst1

1 hour ago, (PS4)piroburst1 said:

You do not play at the level necessary to understand what I'm talking about.  It's not about dismounting from archwing, you could blink while invisible hit a lure then hack it and get back into the fight.  This was important for numerous reasons that I'm not going to get into but the act of dismounting, attacking, hacking, and getting back into the fight is horribly slow.  Also about you not being able to control your archwing means your sensitivity settings were higher than you could handle.

And as an extra note flying upsidedown and doing barrel rolls is fun....because we're flying..

The alternative fix is the movement in operator mode and using lockdown but it's cost a lot of energy pads.  But I'm not going explains the ends and outs of that here I'm sure you can just find out more by going on youtube.

I like how you assume how I play and try to diminish my statements by saying I don't play as much as you do. I've done my fair share of 5x3s and Believe me when I say the new system is much better I can get right in the face of the drone hack it and be on my way with both the old and new systems equally as fast. only difference was before we were forced to only use itzal cuz it's penumbra was the only way to stop on a dime. and now you can achieve that with any archwing. and a lot of the good players are switching to amesha because it's much more efficient than the itzal. One person with an amesha can take the roles of both trinity and harrow , healing the lures and protecting the squad from the magnetic waves while still being able to shoot at the limbs.

Also function is more important than style. sure it might be "fun" to fly upside down but that has no function in combat gameplay.

thanks for trying tho. I see the type of person you are now and that any further conversation is meaningless. I hope you have a nice day.

Edited by EDM774