Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carcinnox Side-gun Users: Lavan or Vidar?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

On paper for the MK-III versions:

• Lavan: +status chance and +fire speed
    • Boosts to status chance and fire speed have synergy, will lead to more simultaneously Plasma procs (ie - more damage)
    • Assuming greater fire speed also means faster heat accretion, so won't be able to shoot for as long as Vidar before needing to take a break?
  • Vidar: + Crit chance and +damage
    • Damage boost is nice, but wondering if EHP scaling in the Veil (and potentially future content beyond that) will result in straight damage falling flat compared to status

I would love to hear from Carcinnox users, what's your experience with these in the Veil?  I'm specifically interested in their effectiveness against Fighters, since I can't climb inside those and destroy their reactors.  Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
clarifying that my focus is killing fighters, not crew ships

5 answers to this question

I use both, Vidar on the front for me, and Lavan on the sides for randos.  In my experience the status difference isn't that meaningful; I can concentrate fire on a Veil crew ship with Vidar until it almost overheats then quickly switch over to forward artillery and still 1-shot it.

I couldn't find any consensus on this (though I appreciate your help, Buff00n!) so I decided to stop trying to get answers and just made both of these guns.  From playing a handful of rounds using each, I honestly can't notice the difference.  They both feel good, they both kill enemies in the Veil at about the same speed.

Is one of them technically better?  Probably.  But not nearly to the point where it was worth me caring about it.  Hope this can help someone else!

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
i words bad

Lavan is useless, compared to the other variants. pick between Vidar and Zetki Carcinnox.
which is then picking between Damage per Shot (and Projectile Velocity i think), and Rate of Fire.

the Status Chance of Carcinnox isn't that important, it's fairly high Rate of Fire means you'll apply Toxin Status to Enemies just fine no matter what. 

note that i'm referring to the updated Stats of the Weapons, not the originally shipped Stats. for the originally shipped Stats, then Vidar Carcinnox is the best variant, no questions asked.
for both of these scenarios note that i'm assuming that the Ship has access to all Mods.

Edited by taiiat