Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which amp could I build that would work well both in eidolon hunting and regular missions?

illegaltrashpanda

Question

I made a new amp recently, looked up what the best build is supposed to be for eidolon and ended up crafting the following:

Shwaak Prism

Shraksun Scaffold

Certus Brace

I tried it right away and boy was I disappointed. Not only I find the shooting of both, primary and secondary, to be unfun to use and to have a short range, but I also feel like the damage is not that good.

Did I craft the wrong thing? Is this outdated? What kind of build could I use instead? I'm ok with having either primary or secondary fire dedicated to eidolon and the other for general use. Main focus would be eidolon though,.

19 answers to this question

Shraksun (Piercing Flak Grenade) and Propa (Proximity Timebomb) are the two Scaffolds that are preferable to pick for Eidolon Hunting, each has their quirks for use.

the Prism you choose, can be whichever that you like, you can be free to pick something that will work for you outside of Eidolon Hunting.
i strongly recommend picking a Prism that doesn't have super short Range, since most Scaffolds do have short Range, and pairing short with short seems limiting, but you could if you really wanted.

what are you disappointed with, though? in Eidolon Hunting or elsewhere?

I use 7-7-7. Klamora-Propa-Certus. 
You can use your secondary fire if you have Void Strike vs Eidolons and if you don't (Unairu Wisp) you can use your primary fire. Since its kind of like a flamethrower but with a huge AoE it can hit multiple body parts at once and proc any arcanes consistantly.

On normal missions there is really no need to use operator other than Zenurik energy-dashing and then going back into your frame, really. Sometimes I use it to pop nullifier bubbles when I can't risk to loose an ability or I don't have any weapon with me that could do it. Klamora still does a good job at that.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Shraksun (Piercing Flak Grenade) and Propa (Proximity Timebomb) are the two Scaffolds that are preferable to pick for Eidolon Hunting, each has their quirks for use.

the Prism you choose, can be whichever that you like, you can be free to pick something that will work for you outside of Eidolon Hunting.
i strongly recommend picking a Prism that doesn't have super short Range, since most Scaffolds do have short Range, and pairing short with short seems limiting, but you could if you really wanted.

what are you disappointed with, though? in Eidolon Hunting or elsewhere?

Honestly, I'm disappointed in both. I used both fire modes in eidolon and I used both outside. Both were disappointing. before I used granmu-klebrik-lohrin and I mostly used my prism, eidolon shields went down faster.

I may give shraksun a shot I guess.

2 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

I use 7-7-7. Klamora-Propa-Certus. 
You can use your secondary fire if you have Void Strike vs Eidolons and if you don't (Unairu Wisp) you can use your primary fire. Since its kind of like a flamethrower but with a huge AoE it can hit multiple body parts at once and proc any arcanes consistantly.

On normal missions there is really no need to use operator other than Zenurik energy-dashing and then going back into your frame, really. Sometimes I use it to pop nullifier bubbles when I can't risk to loose an ability or I don't have any weapon with me that could do it. Klamora still does a good job at that.

Yeah I know, but sometimes I use it if I have a squishy warframe... Like for instance, if I'm using nekros and I can't summon zombies I clear some space with my operator. Or if sentients spawn, again I use my operator.

I could give that build a shot, the flamethrower seem kinda fun to use, but at that point, with it being short range, I'd need a secondary with long range as I'd like to have both in the amp, long and short.

24 minutes ago, illegalwombat said:

Honestly, I'm disappointed in both. I used both fire modes in eidolon and I used both outside. Both were disappointing. before I used granmu-klebrik-lohrin and I mostly used my prism, eidolon shields went down faster.

I may give shraksun a shot I guess.

okay. Shraksun has a pretty short Range, so generally you have to stand right under the Eidolon to be within Range. you're trying to shoot it through the Eidolon along the longest track possible, so that it gets lots of Multi-hits and then still explodes inside the Eidolon so that the Explosion hits too.
on the Teralyst he's so small that you actually have to stand a bit farther back otherwise the Explosion will happen behind him, though.

if you liked using Granmu as your Prism, you totally can. whichever you like is just fine, and Granmu doesn't have Range issues anyways so that's a good pairing. Raplak can also be interesting, as if you use Virtuous Shadow(which is pmuch always the Arcane to use anyways outside of some hyperniche stuff), Raplak can have a 93% Crit Chance, so it can deal its high Damage very consistently, if you're into that.
Klamora has some pretty high DPS, though uses Energy fast and is also short Range.
Rahn and Centic can do a lot of shooting, if you're really keen on having something you can do a lot of shooting with. they're not my cup of tea but they're there.

i feel the pain of trying to find an Amp that works well inside and outside of Eidolon Hunting simultaneously - if they fixed some of their Stats to make more things viable, i'd totally use Granmu+Dissic for everything including Eidolon Hunting, but unfortunately i cannot.
or if spacekid was just a part of the friggin' Arsenal so that i can just have my gear auto switch with my Arsenal Loadouts, ugh

Edited by taiiat

The amp I use for everything, comes from building a few over time (16 amps roughly sold a few) and DE adding new parts and experimenting to suit my game play, which is what it comes down to for myself, I'm use to my amp and how it works with the focus trees.

Scaffold: Propa Scaffold
Brace: Certus Brace
Prism: Shwaak Prism

Combined with the Madurai skill tree it works really well in Eidolon hunts for me. the Prism is good for shooting straight up the back hitting multiple areas of the Eidolon at once and clearing ghosts (vomulists) from under the feet, or I use what I call the nova blast (scaffold) which when charged with Madurai can also blast away big chunks of shield.

Most amps that work well in Hunts work well in normal game play with added bonus you can equip arcanes to change amp damage but remember to remove them before a hunt, or you'll be shooting blanks with only void energy will hurt the Eidolons.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

okay. Shraksun has a pretty short Range, so generally you have to stand right under the Eidolon to be within Range. you're trying to shoot it through the Eidolon along the longest track possible, so that it gets lots of Multi-hits and then still explodes inside the Eidolon so that the Explosion hits too.
on the Teralyst he's so small that you actually have to stand a bit farther back otherwise the Explosion will happen behind him, though.

if you liked using Granmu as your Prism, you totally can. whichever you like is just fine, and Granmu doesn't have Range issues anyways so that's a good pairing. Raplak can also be interesting, as if you use Virtuous Shadow(which is pmuch always the Arcane to use anyways outside of some hyperniche stuff), Raplak can have a 93% Crit Chance, so it can deal its high Damage very consistently, if you're into that.
Klamora has some pretty high DPS, though uses Energy fast and is also short Range.
Rahn and Centic can do a lot of shooting, if you're really keen on having something you can do a lot of shooting with. they're not my cup of tea but they're there.

i feel the pain of trying to find an Amp that works well inside and outside of Eidolon Hunting simultaneously - if they fixed some of their Stats to make more things viable, i'd totally use Granmu+Dissic for everything including Eidolon Hunting, but unfortunately i cannot.
or if spacekid was just a part of the friggin' Arsenal so that i can just have my gear auto switch with my Arsenal Loadouts, ugh

It is a pain, yeah. I don't really like grammu per se, I don't like how it shoots, but I did like that I could see damage. I guess I was using the new amp wrong, but now that I get it I know it's not a gameplay for me. I'll just test other amps. My previous one had an annoying secondary fire too, so both were a reason why I wanted to change.

Thanks for the shared knowledge though, it's appreciated.

6 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

Placement matters. When shooting eidelons with shrk you want to be kinda under a leg (but still in front of them). Then when you shoot upwards one shot hits several times. 

Yep, reading other comments I now realize that no matter how OP the part might be on paper, it just doesn't fit my playstyle or how I like to play, I'll move on to another combination.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The amp I use for everything, comes from building a few over time (16 amps roughly sold a few) and DE adding new parts and experimenting to suit my game play, which is what it comes down to for myself, I'm use to my amp and how it works with the focus trees.

Scaffold: Propa Scaffold
Brace: Certus Brace
Prism: Shwaak Prism

Combined with the Madurai skill tree it works really well in Eidolon hunts for me. the Prism is good for shooting straight up the back hitting multiple areas of the Eidolon at once and clearing ghosts (vomulists) from under the feet, or I use what I call the nova blast (scaffold) which when charged with Madurai can also blast away big chunks of shield.

Most amps that work well in Hunts work well in normal game play with added bonus you can equip arcanes to change amp damage but remember to remove them before a hunt, or you'll be shooting blanks with only void energy will hurt the Eidolons.

Thanks for the tips. Personally I'm a huge fan of zenurik, which skills in madurai do you use? If it's the way bound ones it's not an issue as I managed to get most of the way bound things unbound, with just a few left.

Edited by illegalwombat

1 hour ago, illegalwombat said:

but now that I get it I know it's not a gameplay for me.

okay, use Propa instead then. it's super easy to Kill yourself with it though, since you're shooting a Mine just slighly in front of you and it has a like 9 Meter Explosion.
usually magdump to where the Eidolon will be a few seconds ahead of time, then Dash away.

1 hour ago, illegalwombat said:

Personally I'm a huge fan of zenurik

as far as Eidolon Hunting is concerned, having Unairu or Madurai either for Unairu Wisp or Void Strike, makes an enormous difference on the Damage you'll deal during the Shield Phase.

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

you want void strike.

Gotcha, I can get that then.

Just now, taiiat said:

okay, use Propa instead then. it's super easy to Kill yourself with it though, since you're shooting a Mine just slighly in front of you and it has a like 9 Meter Explosion.
usually magdump to where the Eidolon will be a few seconds ahead of time, then Dash away.

as far as Eidolon Hunting is concerned, having Unairu or Madurai either for Unairu Wisp or Void Strike, makes an enormous difference on the Damage you'll deal during the Shield Phase.

Alright, fair enough. I'll use either in the loadout for eidolon.

Speaking of amp parts, I watched a video t hat shows all the fire modes. Is the pencha scaffold viable? I was asking on the discord, but the answers were not exactly to my question since they simply told me which one is best.

The flamethrower is fun to play with, but the range is short and as suggested above I'd like to use a short and a long range firemode on the amp.

Ad for the brace, I wouldn't really know what to use.

Also, virtuos shadow requires headshot, wouldn't virtuos strike be better as it doesn't require specific aim?

And taiiat, thank you for still being here to answer questions, it's really appreciated.

5 minutes ago, illegalwombat said:

Speaking of amp parts, I watched a video t hat shows all the fire modes. Is the pencha scaffold viable? I was asking on the discord, but the answers were not exactly to my question since they simply told me which one is best.

for the brace, I wouldn't really know what to use.

Also, virtuos shadow requires headshot, wouldn't virtuos strike be better as it doesn't require specific aim?

you could use Pencha, yes. that Charge period kills it IMO but the Damage is acceptable. its Crits are somewhat weaksauce but anything can do enough Damage eventually if you charge Void Strike long enough, heh.

Certus is the item to choose, the Crits make a big difference. Plaga is close to making something quite viable for general use, though it still wouldn't benefit Eidolon Hunting all that much - Eidolon Hunting is a unique case where Players are focusing mainly on trying to get as much Damage out of a single Amp shot at they can, generally.

Shadow helps consistency a lot. you can activate Shadow with Void Dash too, you don't technically have to aim for it.

11 minutes ago, illegalwombat said:

Gotcha, I can get that then.

Alright, fair enough. I'll use either in the loadout for eidolon.

The flamethrower is fun to play with, but the range is short and as suggested above I'd like to use a short and a long range firemode on the amp.

Ad for the brace, I wouldn't really know what to use.

And taiiat, thank you for still being here to answer questions, it's really appreciated.

I have never seen unairu suggested for anything other than Chroma, incidentally.

4 hours ago, illegalwombat said:

Thanks for the tips. Personally I'm a huge fan of zenurik, which skills in madurai do you use? If it's the way bound ones it's not an issue as I managed to get most of the way bound things unbound, with just a few left.

Posting this in to save me typing it out. Most of it explains the Madurai parts, the m8 and I use for the hunts.

On 2020-02-06 at 2:41 PM, Slayer-. said:

Another tip seeing you're in Madurai, if you want to max out Madurai, max out every other skill but never put points into Void Radiance, only unlock it, to get to the next skill Void Strike, Void Radiance will be costly on energy if you want to use the skill Void Strike for damage with your weapons.

Hide contents

650?cb=20171020214753

Me and the mate use it to give our weapons even more power when doing the tri hunt, we both use inaros so we don't have to give a damn about the procs from the eidolons, the longer you can stay in void mode with Void Strike the more power to your next 8 shots and it stacks each time you go in and out of void mode.

Here's mine Void Radiance is only unlocked no focus points added to it, or it will diminish Void Strike depending on what you want out of the tree, but once filled there's no going back. Choose wisely. 🎬

Spoiler

AA207B1FA49F716CB1FE71D37272E3AEFA76A5A9

Edited by Slayer-.
quote box broke Typo

Well, after having considered a few things I ended up crafting something I'm not 100% happy with, but that should be viable.

I use granmu prism, pencha scaffold and certus brace, I'll use the prism against eidolon. I know it's not the meta, but it's the closest I can get while still kinda liking the weapon. I couldn't find a scaffold I truly liked, this one is the closest thing. I don't like a lot either primary or secondary fire, but picking a primary I really liked would've meant taking a secondary I either disliked a lot or one I didn't feel comfortable with.