Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two birds one stone: Kuva Weapon - Severance

rstripn

Two problems:

P1) The extra 10 ranks for Kuva weapons lack meaning other than mastery.

P2) Killing a Lich that you don't care about feels like a long and boring chore.

The solution:

Paracesis-like rank progression

S1) Ranks 31 to 39 grant a damage bonus against a specific type of enemy.

Damage bonus against Kuva enemies: enemies in Kuva Lich missions and in the Kuva Fortress. Maybe ~3% per level; just barely enough to be meaningful.

S2) Rank 40 grants an ability only useful against a specific enemy.

This ability would be named something like Sever Continuity. This would grant a player the one-time ability to dismiss a Lich. The ability could be recharged by performing a Valence Fusion. i.e. one Severance per kuva weapon earned.

P.S. This is also easily expandable to other Kingpin enemies, with the faction-specific mechanic determining the details of the rank 40 ability.

Edited by rstripn
fixed typo

il y a 49 minutes, rstripn a dit :

This ability would be named something like Sever Contiinuity. This would grant a player the one-time ability to dismiss a Lich. The ability could be recharged by performing a Valence Fusion. i.e. one Severance per kuva weapon earned.

This sounds weird to me, you get the ability to dismiss one Lich per Kuva weapon, so it give a reason to kill a Lich you don't but since that reason is the ability to dismiss one Lich, so you just end up skipping half of the Liches you spawn.

il y a une heure, rstripn a dit :

Damage bonus against Kuva enemies: enemies in Kuva Lich missions and in the Kuva Fortress. Maybe ~3% per level; just barely enough to be meaningful.

Honestly, I feel levels above 30 shoud simply give the Kuva elemental bonus. So a Kuva weapon get no elemental bonus until level 31 and get 10% for the total bonus per level above 30, up to 100% of the value at level 40. Kuva weapons are already strong enough and linking the elemental bonus to level above 30 would make sense with their ability level up past the said level.

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Honestly, I feel levels above 30 shoud simply give the Kuva elemental bonus. So a Kuva weapon get no elemental bonus until level 31 and get 10% for the total bonus per level above 30, up to 100% of the value at level 40. Kuva weapons are already strong enough and linking the elemental bonus to level above 30 would make sense with their ability level up past the said level.

I would prefer the last 10 lvls giving +4% to the Elemental damage so in case a player maxes out the Kuva weapon with 60% base Element, it could go up to +100% at Rank 40.

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, BiancaRoughfin a dit :

I would prefer the last 10 lvls giving +4% to the Elemental damage so in case a player maxes out the Kuva weapon with 60% base Element, it could go up to +100% at Rank 40.

So if I understand right, what you suggest is a +4% per rank above 30 (so total of +40%) additionally to the base weapon elemental buff, so a final +65-100% depending on base bonus ?
If this is what you mean, it would be a plain buff to Kuva weapons and they really don't need that.

Just to be clear, what I suggest is moving the Kuva bonus from being there at level 0, to start existing at level 30 and gradually increase until level 40. So it would be a nerf until you reach level 40 and get the value like they currently work.
For example, a +28% toxin Kuva weapon, would have +0% from unranked to level 30, start getting a +2.8% toxin damage per rank at level 31 and end up with a total +28% toxin buff at level 40.

18 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I actually considered this before suggesting adding something new, but there are a few issues:

1) It will be extremely unpopular to nerf the weapons even temporarily.

2) The Kuva weapons that are upgrades to existing weapons have stats that assume at least a 25% bonus to make it a clear upgrade from the original (perhaps the most obvious example being Kuva Drakgoon). In such cases the 25% isn't really a bonus you should be earning, it's part of the basic weapon design.

3) I think they did it right with Paracesis; any weapon that gets to rank 40 should gain a distinct ability, separate from what it gains ranks 31-39. It's the capstone. It helps explain why the weapon needed extra ranks, why it was worth levelling so many times.

Edited by rstripn

13 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

This sounds weird to me, you get the ability to dismiss one Lich per Kuva weapon, so it give a reason to kill a Lich you don't but since that reason is the ability to dismiss one Lich, so you just end up skipping half of the Liches you spawn.

A lot of players are asking for a way to skip a Lich occasionally. I agree but feel it should be something very limited and something you earn somehow through the Lich system.

I also think Kuva weapons should have a unique ability at rank 40. This seemed like a very good way to combine the two.

i personally like the extra capacity i get from the extra 10 levels. i dont need to forma them 6-8 times to get all my maxed mods (primed especially) along with pexilus if i unlocked it. Most my non kuva weapons need a minimum of 6 forma to have a full build that may not even be at 100% (using the dual stats status mods instead of the full 90% ones)

That being said, a small bonus effect on them would be neat, even if its something simple like extra 10-25% bonus bane damage to eximus units or Liches to make them have a slightly niche benefit but i dont see it happening.

I'm certainly not knocking the extra capacity. I'm the weirdo who formas every single weapon as many times as it takes to get the best build, even if I don't particularly like the weapon. Many times that means forma'ing 9 times (sometimes 10 for warframes) and occasionally even that's not enough, when using a riven and multiple prime mods. I have yet to have that problem with a Kuva weapon, nor have I had to forma one more than 6 times.

However, I think there should be a reason for those extra ranks to exist. Paracesis had one. These don't. A 40 level weapon should mean something. Otherwise why not just make them all like that? I'd prefer a new but non game-balance changing addition but if that's off the table then by all means take the elemental damage bonus off until 31+ as suggested by @lukinu_u above.

Edited by rstripn

On 2020-02-13 at 7:03 PM, lukinu_u said:

Indeed. That divide the grind time by 2. Usefull to farm ephemeras and in prevision of railjack crew.