The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Grineer Trying To Save The Corpus?

TeddyBear

During capture missions are they trying to save the corpus or are they torturing the corpus? Then again if they were torturing the corpus why are they not tied to a chair or something? How does this work with lore?

And i know "it's the grineer".

Edited by TeddyBear

You cannot put the entire faction on the same team. That's like saying a whole country agrees with the same thing.

Some Grineer are possibly against Corpus, and much like Captain Vor's Video where Vor killed a random grineer, it's possible they are against each other.

Corpus do seem to rule trade, and Grineer do seem in need of something to make their clones better. So it could be a couple situations where we do see trade. Of course, it's not a buddy buddy deal, I'm sure it's very tense.

Due to the fact, that most of the capture tileset are corpus, i would say, that the grineer are on the same mission as the tenno: capture the target. but they get disturbed and have to fight of the much greater threat of the tenno before completing their own mission.

just my opinion.

in the case for corpus target being in a grineer galleon he was probably there for trade but like it has been said i have no clue how to explainn their presence in infested ships and void towers(if he had been corrupted by the tower at least there would be a decent explanatiion for the void ones)

better question yet, why infested protecting corpus informents?

with grineers can just say "its a trade officer" and "he happens to have info we need"

infested though, make no sense

Dude, infested are much more intelligent than you thought... I mean they can shut down lifesupport AND can use personal life support systems. Thats pretty neat.

I see the Corpus like the Ferengi. If there is a profit to be made, regardless of who, they will try to make a deal. So, the Corpus are fundamentally neutral. In terms of the Capture missions, I believe the Corpus dude we are trying to capture is like a sales representative. So, the Tenno want to stop the Grineer. If we prevent the work that is being done to save them, we can wipe out/cripple the Grineer. Thus, we capture the Corpus sales rep. and learn what the Grineer are buying. 

Captain Vor's Video where Vor killed a random grineer, it's possible they are against each other.

Against each other? Have you never seen a villain superior kill randomly kill a subordinate before? That's, like, in every action movie with a bad guy, ever.

I get the feeling that a lot is being made of what is more than likely just the only model they have for the capture missions, and that we may see different target models introduced in the future.

Not really the topic for it, but wouldn't it be cool if the capture target actually had a chance to escape the ship? So many of these missions are just variations of "go to designated location, hold x, leave." What if Capture was more of a "cat and mouse" kind of affair?

Edited by Charismo

You cannot put the entire faction on the same team. That's like saying a whole country agrees with the same thing.

Some Grineer are possibly against Corpus, and much like Captain Vor's Video where Vor killed a random grineer, it's possible they are against each other.

Corpus do seem to rule trade, and Grineer do seem in need of something to make their clones better. So it could be a couple situations where we do see trade. Of course, it's not a buddy buddy deal, I'm sure it's very tense.

We know the trading between Corpus and Grineer is tense.

The Fomorians are evidence of that.

with grineers can just say "its a trade officer" and "he happens to have info we need"

He's a lone survivor, he survived infested onslaught and seeing all his friends and loved ones killed and probably eaten in front of him and then we chase him down and eat his soul. Did I mention that we are the good guys?

Against each other? Have you never seen a villain superior kill randomly kill a subordinate before? That's, like, in every action movie with a bad guy, ever.

Self defense. He totes had a knife!

Dude, infested are much more intelligent than you thought... I mean they can shut down lifesupport AND can use personal life support systems. Thats pretty neat.

they can also speak in understandable linguistics. and operate space craft. etc.

I think the Corpus has important information that the Tenno want, but this is assuming that when a host is absorbed into an infested the memories are kept. 

they can also speak in understandable linguistics. and operate space craft. etc.

I always was under the impression that infested ships were drifting in space or still on auto-pilot from before the infestation

I get the feeling that a lot is being made of what is more than likely just the only model they have for the capture missions, and that we may see different target models introduced in the future.

Not really the topic for it, but wouldn't it be cool if the capture target actually had a chance to escape the ship? So many of these missions are just variations of "go to designated location, hold x, leave." What if Capture was more of a "cat and mouse" kind of affair?

actually they do run away....just not fast enough for you not to capture them after you gained some experience. Also they usualy run away to a spot where they can be safe from harm and where you cant reach em no matter what you do once they got there.

Edited by MurasameFsey

During capture missions are they trying to save the corpus or are they torturing the corpus? Then again if they were torturing the corpus why are they not tied to a chair or something? How does this work with lore?

And i know "it's the grineer".

Its a placeholder... just like Naked Nick is in every Pod... They will eventually replace the corpus guy with a grineer guy... Besides Grineer and corpus usually kill each other on the same map.