Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status above 100% feels redundant

Signs

As with the most recent update, a lot of the status procs that only refreshes itself on reproc got the ability to stack for additional bonuses. Subsequently, status can now go over 100% for a chance to double proc.

However, this feels redundant because the new status effects are hard capped at 10 stacks which makes double procing feel useless on high status high fire rate weapons, pretty good on high status low fire rate weapons, and extremely good on lower status high fire rate weapons (unless built for DoT). Hard capping status effects at 10 also makes no one go status on assault rifles anymore because there's no point of status after 10 quick procs. The big reason for high status on assault rifles before was to stack corrosive which you needed closer to 25 procs to strip sortie level enemies.

But yeah DE just made >100% status a thing and capped almost all statuses at 10 stacks making crit the king again I guess. Especially since all procs are diminishing return now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Signs said:

But yeah DE just made >100% status a thing and capped almost all statuses at 10 stacks making crit the king again I guess. Especially since all procs are diminishing return now.

Haven't really had a chance to do enough testing yet but didn't DE say they wanted these changes to make status a viable alternative to crit.... If what you say is true it really sounds like its business as usual at DE where they say one thing and we end up with the complete opposite lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spawnbold said:

As long as there are status immune enemies crit will always be superior to status...

Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt they remove the immunity to status for enemies due to the changes?

I hate status immune enemies, similar to ability immune enemies. Makes no sense

vor 52 Minuten schrieb DariusMcSwag:

Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt they remove the immunity to status for enemies due to the changes?

I hate status immune enemies, similar to ability immune enemies. Makes no sense

My Lich is still immune to status, not tested other enemies 

1 hour ago, DariusMcSwag said:

For the Gokstad Officer, who was immune to any armor reduction before, that got fixed thankfully.

Sentients, Liches, and the Wolf of Saturn Six still retain status immunity. It would be better if they have reduced status duration similar to the Kuva Guardians.

It also takes way too much investment to go over 100% status for guns unless you have a riven for it. You are better off sticking a fire rate mod or more damage on your gun.

Melee weapons get to be even more broken though since weeping wounds lets them effortlessly blow past 100% status with a single mod slot.

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Haven't really had a chance to do enough testing yet but didn't DE say they wanted these changes to make status a viable alternative to crit.... If what you say is true it really sounds like its business as usual at DE where they say one thing and we end up with the complete opposite lol.

It did the complete opposite. Reduced armor benefits crit weapons more than status. The new Viral benefits crit weapons more than status especially now that crit weapons with hunters munitions are the best way to proc slash. It's also much less of a damage boost than armor stripping could be and the stacking only gives it 62% more damage over a single viral proc at 10 stacks. Other status effects got nerfed even if they already stacked because it's now possible to go over 100% status even if it's not something that's worth doing in practice.

Yesterday I uncovered my Convecrix from all the dust and discovered it easily gets to 150% status chance. 

My guess is that there will be more and more weapons to come that will go easy above 130%. So DE might have planned into the future by lessening the single impact of proc. 

22 hours ago, Signs said:

As with the most recent update, a lot of the status procs that only refreshes itself on reproc got the ability to stack for additional bonuses. Subsequently, status can now go over 100% for a chance to double proc.

However, this feels redundant because the new status effects are hard capped at 10 stacks which makes double procing feel useless on high status high fire rate weapons, pretty good on high status low fire rate weapons, and extremely good on lower status high fire rate weapons (unless built for DoT). Hard capping status effects at 10 also makes no one go status on assault rifles anymore because there's no point of status after 10 quick procs. The big reason for high status on assault rifles before was to stack corrosive which you needed closer to 25 procs to strip sortie level enemies.

you missed the  fact that although status number have a cap, having status build up quickly is extremely advantageous now that it would increase your damage up to 300% in some case. Removing the cap would be meaningless if that cap not raise as well, but it's a pretty high cap already.

It's not suppose to dethrone critical within the first week of release.