Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Beast Frame: A frame that can harness the power of Beasts! Full of fury from the extinction of its species, you tenno can harness collective rage of a vanquished race.

1st Ability. Transformation: Default is 10% beast (ears and tail only). The percentage of "beast-ness" increases with each successful head shot with a maximum of 90% transformation (Bipedal animal). The damage also increase in parallel to the changes of physical features.

2nd Ability(Buff). Persecution: Basically a rage meter that increase damage and attack speed.

3rd Ability (AoE). Screech: A feline noise that is mildly irritating at first to the targets but scales up to murderous intent that aggros and debuffs the target s in a cone shape area of effect with lessened armor and cognitive function. It's also opens up the frame to one-hit finishers from mobs.

4th Ability(AoE)(DoT). Spite: An AoE ability that damages everyone including allies and allows allies to damage the frame in return for some health regeneration.

A Weapon's Master Warframe. 

Passive: One-Armed. He only has his right arm, which can limit his usable weapons. But kills grant him a 5s spectral arm allowing him to use all weapons again. The rest of abilities could either be an exalted weapon each, 1st secondary(hand crossbow), 2nd Primary(Plasmor-like shotgun), 3rd Melee(Scythe), 4th Archgun. Or it could be 1st speed buff, 2nd damage boost, 3rd crit+status buff, 4th Exalted Weapon.

I really want a four-armed warframe, because of how alien it'd look and, honestly, because of Netflix's Lost In Space reboot.  And I think there's a way it could be done that hopefully wouldn't entail an impossible amount of animation work to account for all the existing weapon types in-game:

The four-armed warframe's second pair of arms uses only an exalted weapon unique to it.  I suggest dual-wielded sickles.

I submit: a Loreframe, or "Wiseframe", who's theme would be knowledge: knowledge of himself and of other frames, knowledge of his enemies, knowledge of the universe... He would be using spectral scrolls or floating books to select and use abilities. Reluctant to invest himself in the fight, he would focus on powers and less on weapons: more / stronger abilities, in exchange for less armament options.

A smoke based warframe i call Razz!

His abilities would be along the lines of burst damage in aoe. His smoke is element sensitive so it reacts well when it connects to the elements and changes its ability depending, he could also build resistance to damage types when taking it or maybe eluding it entirely.

I would think he couldve been made with kuva as a base that never really worked out, and it kept dissolving down to smoke which then gave the warframe meaning.

Don't know if it's been suggested already but a winged angelic Warframe with 1 or multiple pairs of wings that allow for a constant stream of flight on-planet which will be very interesting to see in open roaming worlds and can also act as defense and area offense. Basically if anyone has seen Legion, the angels don't have soft feathered wings but steel ones that can protect against bullets. But they can also send these 'feathers' flying in a way that they act like deadly darts which is great for crowd control.

My idea behind this warframe is that, they were once created to be something like a sacred sentinel, part of a powerful elite troupe of guardians and a beacon of hope and strength, or sign of omen and terror if going the dark route. Either route would grant the Tenno a different set of abilities and effects that's centered around the nature of the frame which extends to the use of their wings

Had some artwork designs and illustrations but, since this is just a theme call, I'm not posting it up here

IDEA: VOID-FORGER/ VOID BLACKSMITH (PH name)

A warframe themed towards the upcoming rail jack and sentient content. As the sentient threat loomed in and the mysteries of the void were being tamed  for orokin technology, the greed of the orokin pushes them to new heights. With a desire to control the void utterly orokin scientists created a waframe capable of forging from the void. THE VOIDFORGER!

Using an exalted void-great-hammer this frame meant to create powerful void weaponry can also use this power to destroy. A key asset in repelling sentient forces in the Golden spear battalion this frame gave the orokin railjack ships the capacity for new void based armaments. But was later found to be equally effective at dealing with sentients in face-to-face combat. Lost during the old war the tenno must find this frame deep in the void after receiving a mysterious message from the man in the wall.

A hefty Nordic themed frame with enough brute strength to wield the void great-hammer. Thick armor created from void material the void-forger tanks through the battle to aid his fellow tenno utilizing his void great-hammer to augment allies and weaken enemies. But when the going gets tough the void-forger is able to wield his exalted void-great-hammer to devastating effect, crushing foes with the power of the void and even matter itself... creating temporary void/blackholes with the great-hammer that pulls enemies towards this slow tanking frame to meet their end.

A kin to limbo their lore could intertwine.....

ABILITIES:

1) void wave- slam down the exalted void-great-hammer to create a void shock wave (cone)  that causes a weaken proc on all enemies (-30% damage resist) ahead for X meters. Opening them up for allies to dismantle.

-augment: enemies hit by this wave gain void procs on their weapons 

2) anti-matter battlefront- The voidforger creates from the void a shield in front of his fellow tennos, hardened void energy erupts from the ground to shield allies (-25% damage, forward facing) and repels enemies wit a knock back.

-augment: create a temporary HP based shield around other tenno or even your railjack

3) replenishing abyss- create an area of effect zone by tapping the void-great-hammer with precision, the voidforger creates a zone that amplifies warframe abilities. Giving them increased efficiency and duration when casting abilities in this area, through the strength of the void...at what cost

-augment:casting this ability removes sentient resistance in the area of effect zone 

4)Forge of the void- wield the void-great-hammer with devastating force. This great hammer is slow and deals massive damage, ground slams or combo-based slams create mini blackholes to pull enemies towards the voidforger to meet their end.

-augment:?????

HAVE AN IMAGE i will upload later of this frame concept.... p.s I suck at concept art so any artistically inclined tenno please spruce it up for DE

I notice a lot of Irish mythology references in Warframe so how about a frame based on one of the old Irish deities like Lugh. He is associated with skill and mastery in many disciplines, so maybe he could have crit rate and damage resistance boosting abilities. as for a signature weapon he owned a sword named "Fragarach" i noticed that name has been used a lot before so you could use the name's meaning which is said to be "the whisperer," "the answerer," or "the retaliator." i like "The whisperer" since the sword was said to have been roared at by a mythological entity and whispered in response.

Abilities:

• Passive: Prowess. Lugh's skill in all things gives him an edge in combat. Grants an extra 5-10%ish critical OR status rate depending on which base stat is higher on the weapon he currently is wielding. so on things like dread it would boost the crit rate while on scourge it would boost stat rate in cases where the % is the same like on nikana prime and such the bonus could be split between them.
  • Ability one: Impale (instant). cost 25. A quick stab of his flaming spear renders the target ignited and pierced dealing heat and pierce damage. applies a heat and a pierce proc.
  • Ability Two: Son of the Giant (instant): cost 50. Lugh summons forth the power of his heritage to boost his ability in combat. Grants a brief 15% damage resistance and a 10% damage buff for all attacks for 3 seconds that can be consumed by casting an ability to boost said ability's power by 10% Cannot be stacked has a 3 second cooldown on activation. Does not boost power of "Son of the Giant"
  • Ability Three: Scorch (instant). cost 50. Lugh hurls his mighty spear and scorches an area for a short time. deals heat damage and applies heat procs to enemies within aoe. is quit powerful but cannot but is limited to one cast at a time, after all he only has one spear. Cannot be used at during "Assail."
  • Ability Four: Assail (channeled). cost 25. upkeep 10/second. Lugh unsheathes his bloodthirsty spear and lets it fly, devouring foes for what feels for them as an eternity. circles in a deadly spiral that emanates from him like equinox day's "maim." starts small then expands outward from him applies "impale" to all enemies hit by the circling spear whereas those not hit by the spear but caught in the aoe suffer heat damage and procs like from "scorch."

Signature weapon: Fragarach or Whisper or whatever you want to call it. a sword of some kind obviously but probably a one handed sword that would not only benefit from Lugh's passive but would be further boosted when wielded by him.

How about a supportish Warframe that commands and controls enemies or its own summonable specter/soldiers? Like a higher ranking military general themed frame.

i.e, using abilities to tell specific specters by selecting them to focus a certain direction (rather than be distracted by enemies others can handle), or stand at a certain point, or use a specific battlement (or this warframe can CREATE battlements/large gun emplacements for allies/specters). Or possibly give him more or better or enhanced interactions with items he can deploy from his gear wheel.

He'd be more suited for defense and mobile defense missions, but could have some uses for Railjack/defending railjacks. Maybe a passive that makes allies do 10-20% more damage to anything he's attacked in the past 5 seconds.

Also, potentially more than just 7 summons, unlike Nekros, with the ability to actually give them specific orders it could be cool.

Also, ignore my name. I'm a Gauss main, I just think a tactical/field strategist frame could be cool.

I would love to see a new stealth frame themed around Sentient/Dungeons and Dragons Mimic enemies.  An espionage frame that could slip in to any enemy area by consuming an enemy and taking on their appearance and maybe even some of their abilities.    Abilities could include changing into local enemies/objects, creating trap areas that hold enemies in place, or even impersonating squad-mates to gain one of their basic abilities or copy their weapons.

I would love to see a Frame that is more technology than biology in design, with maybe an arm or leg that is clearly completely robotic. Those limbs can be the source of all of the powers, with the limbs shifting and transforming into different things for whatever the abilities would be.

I have loved playing your game for many years now and love the new update and all the love that's been put into it. Now me and my friend have been thinking of what would be a cool warframe to add and we had an idea for a battle medic esc frame kinda like a brawler mixed with a druid. Nicknamed Denver. I was thinking they would look like an ent/tree being.

Denver’s stats:

Armour: 150

Energy: 125

Health: 125

Shields:75

Sprint speed: 1.00

Here's what we think would be cool abilities for this frame idea

Passive: gets 5% bonus armour for 10 seconds per debuff negated

1st power: Wild punch: channels energy into a powerful punch with a small aoe or damage outside of its original impact zone, basically a chargeable atlas punch with smaller aoe range but can be channeled.it deals 200 (2nd level 300 and maxed 400) damage base,it cost 20 energy innate but will channel 5 energy per tick to increase damage by 5 every tick.  Example: there are 3 grineer infront of Denver one about 2 meters away and the other 1 meter away in a line formation, denver charges up their punch and hits the first guy for 300 meaning they charged for 8 seconds. When the punch lands the first enemy is sent back and the enemy 1 meter away takes 250 and is sent back but the one 2 meters away is unscathed.(makes a bear roar when used)

2nd power: Uprooting:costs 15 energy to cast and lasts 5’s (2nd level 7s and maxed 9s). it's a self targeted power that is an aoe immobilizing power that stops movement but they can still attack if applicable and also strips the status effects of any allie caught in the range or the roots. Example: Denver cast his/her 2 and the radius is 5 meters it catches a butcher at the cusp of its radius freezing him in place but nyx is within 4 meters and is currently suffering from toxin, when denver casts it strips nyx of the toxin while keeping the butcher still but the butcher can still swing at nyx scene she is within melee range. (can synergize with their one, the punch will affect all enemies in the roots)

3rd power: Ironwood:cost 30 energy to cast its a power that can be casted on self and allies in a radius of 10m (2nd level 15m and maxed 20m) that applies an armour that can absorb 500 damage or 1 status effect before dissipating otherwise it lasts 20 seconds. Example: Denver cast Ironwood on mesa, she gets hit for 20 damage thus leaving her with 480 on her armour but then she gets slash procd which is nulled by the armour but then disappears after it consumes the effect even tho the armour still had a duration of 15 seconds left.

4th power: Yggdrasil (or tree of life): Denver throws a seed at a targeted location and a tree grows, the tree is an aoe healing totem that at base level only can heal 1000 (2nd level 2000 and maxed 3000) health before disappearing otherwise the tree will last 15 seconds (2nd level 17s and maxed 20s) before dissipating. You can see how much health it has left to give based off the leaves on the tree, and instead of a beam showing that its healing you it is a stream of leaves coming from the tree. Example: Denver is defending a defence objective with excalibur and ember, they are fighting hard but between them all they are all missing 200 health each, denver throws down a tree of life and each of them are healed the 200 healthpoint they were missing leaven the tree with only 400 points left of healing so the tree looks like its autumn almost winter type of leaf levels.

My final thoughts on this warframe idea is that you could get the quest from the steel meridian in the iron wake, have it be like they were making room for more refugees when they uncovers something in the woods…

I've always thought a warframe that could change the game into a RTS could be crazy.

It could be Sun Tzu themed, or some military cliché, and could spawn little groups of shadow/clay warriors for them to follow orders, be used as a cannon fodder (like a real wall of warriors), tend to other players stuff like that. The ultimate could be an elite vanguard, a small coherent group of really buffed troops that stay in a small area around you to keep enemies busy and deal some damage.
The whole gameplay would be that you need to move and shoot to clear your own line of sight to send in your shadow/clay troops, and your elite guard keeps some foes at bay to let you perform better in managing the battleground.

Archived