Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I propose a digging/under grown based inspired frame, either like a mole with claws similar to garuda`s that it uses to dig under grown and ambush enemies or with a drill that it uses to go at high speeds underneath and that it uses also to attack

I've got idea about Shen master martial artist warframe, his unique attribute is that longer the fight lasts, stronger he gets.

For his origin I thought of some kind of battle hero type frame, famous for his great achivements during fights.

In his final act he was facing some powerful sentients, in order to give others time to retreat and get to safety.

Now after long time, his fighting spirit has awoken and is unstable, searching for worthy enemy.

1 hour ago, KitsunesMask said:

Aint that literally Valkyr?

Not really, I meant something like a viking warrior or something. Valkyr is aggressive for sure but It doesnt give me the viking vibe.

How about a Warframe that folds space and time, goes "quantum", and bends reality until it splits into multiple possibilities?

This frame, which I imagine under a name such as Moebius or Athelesia, could sport a look of shawls enshrouding an impossibly thin frame, making the "inside" seem more like an idealized skeleton wrapped in an otherwise hollow adorned cloth skin.

Abilities could include mobility, such as a space-folding teleport that also pulls enemies toward the point of origin and launches them away from the destination, or teleports them along with the warframe, the sudden "yank" leaving them staggered or floundering.

There can be an ability where the frame momentarily collapses on itself, disappearing into a point in space and becoming untargetable for a few seconds (and thus allowing for big attacks to pass if well-timed), and during these seconds the player can draw lines of Hawking-radiation beams, though these lines just hang in the air, only exploding out from this point in space the moment the warframe "returns to the present/pops out from its collapse".

As for multiple possibilities, this could revolve around splitting enemies into multiple tied-together entities that, while not giving the enemy more of an offensive, allow the players a bigger hitbox against the enemy, or in case of attacks capable of hitting multiple enemies (punchthrough or explosions), the opportunity to hit "the same enemy" multiple times with a single shot/blast.

Similar themes to play around with include blocking or disrupting causality (by reflecting damage back onto enemies, or adding damage taken to one's next attack) or rewinding foes to where they were a few seconds prior (to have them run through a damage field again, for instance).

I've had the idea of a Warframe that was similar to an honorable knight from the middle ages. His name is Galahad. The Knight. The Chivalrous. A Warframe that was designed to tank hits so that fellow Tenno wouldn't have to. As a knight his concept would be centered around blade themed abilities. 

A plague doctor warframe would be cool. He could spread the plague to his enemies,heal others with his potions,negate status effects applied to him and his allies and throw out tonics that can apply 1 status effect to enemies depending on which tonic is toggled.For a passive he could have a 50% chance to resist status and when reviving an ally they get an increase in how long there immune to damage. 

A warframe that can clone another warframe's first ability by activating it while looking at that warframe or if used on an enemy disguised you as that enemy for a set amount of time in which enemy's of the same faction won't attack you.

Another ability should be transparent where you can walk through locked doors, obstacles, or other enemies/allies the warframe should be able to shoot through walls while using this ability

An ability where enemies within a certain range receive random status effects and all allies recieve a random buff

The fourth should be a laser that has every damage type the the warframe taken. For instance the warframe was hit with slash and radiation. The beam would then scale in damage and also apply those status effects to whatever it hits

This warframe would be like those people that can change their personalities to hang out with anyone. He is like a canvas that gets painted in by the world and can than use those colors to paint the world red. He is always different and fun. He's for the kind of player that gets bored of using the same load out over and over again

His passive should be collecting damage types for his fourth on a screen on his back

Shinigami, warframe of death
Farframe for which death is not the end, but a weapon. After death (suicide is attached), if he has energy, it turns into a vengeful ghost whose goal is to kill everything that is still alive, and until the energy ends, it can continue and even ressurect.

The post came out pretty small and it seems that it can easily be missed, but I still like this idea and want you to check it, so I’ll leave a picture of a cat here to attract your attention                                        

wilbur_of_thornbury_56205203_13976500470

Introducing my potential idea: Geiger the Radiation Frame. Utilizing radiation fields to both heal allies and confuse enemies. There are quite a few Frames that deal Radiation damage but none of them focus on the status behind it. Geiger can turn the battlefield into chaos. Just a thought. Plus the whole aesthetic of a hazmat suit could be awesome looking for a Frame.

2 hours ago, Coins609 said:

A time based warframe would be nice (and no not the entire maps just for himself and enemys and stuff)

I have always dreamed of a time based warframe, think it would be a real fun dynamic

Theme: Arachnoid. (more keywords below)
Why ?
Because arachnoid theme can be associated with stealth, assassination, predation, traps ( crowd control ).
Arachnoid theme only exists in warframe through the Fortuna arachnoids, and it's a little sad, there is more to do with it ^^.

But, I will not just say "Arachnoid" and let the chance do the rest.
Turns out that I've already developed a concept of warframe on this theme, and this contest is maybe its only chance to be noticed, even if it doesn't win.
So here, I introduce you, Arann, the predator.

Dwa_wv0XgAAy0vA.jpg:large

But as I understood the rules of the contest, you only want the idea of the theme, do you?
So, I will summarize Arann's idea in a series of key words:
Arachnoid, ninja, stealth, crowd control, brawler, strips armor, fun, skills based light tank, predator, organic.

Short story / reasoning behind the idea:
I'm not particularly a fan of arachnoid, in general, irl, but when I saw the art on twitter, I simply felt the obligation of trying to bring this piece to DE, to give it a chance.
So, I asked the permission to the author, and take 4 days to imagine his gameplay.
The importants things I thought about during his creation was that I didn't want a warframe that wipe entire map, like Saryn does for example.
I wanted a warframe which comes back to the source of the game, the "ninja" aspect.
Of course, there is already Ash, but he's old, and a little less organic than Arann. He uses shurikens and smoke bombs, so he's closer of Batman than Spiderman.
I wanted a warframe to enjoy the game, having fun playing with the ennemies, play to accomplish the mission objective, like a professional Tenno agent, with efficiency, but without forgetting to be powerful.
The spider theme, and the art piece, allowed me to think about an more organic gameplay than Ash.
See the hole on his forearms ? This can contain a giant needle.
And easily, Arann can take a little inspiration in another monster of Sci-fi, Wraiths, of Stargate atlantis.
The strip armor idea, comes because of me seeing DE introducing strip armor in Vauban rework, fire status, and talking about future armor rework.

Well, sorry if I have done way too much for a simple idea submission, but it's such a unique opportunity to show Arann that I couldn't let pass this ^^'.

Chiron - Centaur Theme Warframe

I've been thinking about a centaur-themed warframe for the past few months, now I know that we already have Oberon and Titania stepped out of mythology and also it could be challenging creating his movements such as bullet jumps and double jumps, but a warframe that's half horse and half human-ish stepping out from Greek mythology with abilities to use spear attacks, archery, shielding, etc. would be cool.😛

I need help on ideas of his abilities T.T

I see spider warframe has been asked alot, and I do agree, but there is one I really really want.

ALCHEMY/POTION WARFRAME! A warframe based around potions or alchemy would be awesome!

And a Philosopher's stone passive that can revive you. Maybe similarly to Nidus' passive. So you CAN reach complete immortality, with sacrafices... Grineer sacrafices....

Also an ability to buff weapons with elemental damage would be cool.

Archived