The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustable mod ranks?

(XBOX)Pedman711

Hey everyone, had an idea and was just curious what anyone thought about it, if it was even possible, benefits, downsides, general whatevs.  Hear me out, adjustable mod ranks, cause i'm sure i'm not the only one that has multiple tiers of mods for that 1 frame(or weapon) that is just short 1 capacity to use, so seeing as how you have a fully maxed(lets say) serration, for example...but you're 1 capacity short on another gun you like using, but not enough to completely forma it all over again for that 1 capacity, now you have to spend all the endo/credits(i know, not hard to get) to make a non-maxed one, or adjust other mods to make it fit, and that's on mods you can actually get more of, not to mention umbrals/amalgam's you get from fracture event, but if you've spent all the time/credits/endo to max a mod, should you be able to select a lowered tier to adjust as necessary, and again, would that even be possible from a coding standpoint(i honestly don't know).  Gimme all the feedback fellas, and sorry for Wall'O'Text.  

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Pedman711 said:

Hey everyone, had an idea and was just curious what anyone thought about it, if it was even possible, benefits, downsides, general whatevs.  Hear me out, adjustable mod ranks, cause i'm sure i'm not the only one that has multiple tiers of mods for that 1 frame(or weapon) that is just short 1 capacity to use, so seeing as how you have a fully maxed(lets say) serration, for example...but you're 1 capacity short on another gun you like using, but not enough to completely forma it all over again for that 1 capacity, now you have to spend all the endo/credits(i know, not hard to get) to make a non-maxed one, or adjust other mods to make it fit, and that's on mods you can actually get more of, not to mention umbrals/amalgam's you get from fracture event, but if you've spent all the time/credits/endo to max a mod, should you be able to select a lowered tier to adjust as necessary, and again, would that even be possible from a coding standpoint(i honestly don't know).  Gimme all the feedback fellas, and sorry for Wall'O'Text.  

scenario 1
well look at it this way
u have 1 mod  ONLY 1 umbra vitality mod
now u need it on 3 different frames
but to fit it on 1 of them u need it to be rank 6 on 2 other frames it can be either rank 8-10
so u go on all frames with rank 6?

scenario 2
u have it on that all 3 frames with rank 6 but u are now on ur frame where it could be rank 10 and game just un-equip it from frames where it extends mod capacity
u would need to revert it back to rank 6 and then would u like to check then on which frames it was un-equipped?

only solution i see would be to make system where we could make duplicates of mods which would clearly state on a mod its DUPLICATE which would not be tradable and we would need individually rank up each copy on its own with separate credits and endo

and here scenario 3 comes in
what would happen if u sell original copy of that mod?

trust me i would love ability to manipulate mod ranks but i dont see any simple solution to it

4 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

scenario 1
well look at it this way
u have 1 mod  ONLY 1 umbra vitality mod
now u need it on 3 different frames
but to fit it on 1 of them u need it to be rank 6 on 2 other frames it can be either rank 8-10
so u go on all frames with rank 6?

scenario 2
u have it on that all 3 frames with rank 6 but u are now on ur frame where it could be rank 10 and game just un-equip it from frames where it extends mod capacity
u would need to revert it back to rank 6 and then would u like to check then on which frames it was un-equipped?

only solution i see would be to make system where we could make duplicates of mods which would clearly state on a mod its DUPLICATE which would not be tradable and we would need individually rank up each copy on its own with separate credits and endo

and here scenario 3 comes in
what would happen if u sell original copy of that mod?

trust me i would love ability to manipulate mod ranks but i dont see any simple solution to it

Interesting, hadn't thought of the 'make a dupe' option, but yeah, seems that would cause other issues, basically, when you go to select it or actually put it on a mod, have a submenu/command/etc that lets you adjust the rank of it either after, as you are putting it on it's position and the rank stays exclusive to that frame in which you have selected specific rank, but alas, doing it that way i'm sure that would play hell on their servers cause however many people play, it would be that much more save info server side, and i don't know how advanced their servers are and again, as i said before, from a coding standpoint, don't know if it's even possible, would be a nice option to kinda open up a bit more versatility, even if only for the non-tradeable mods(looking at you Umbral Vitality)(but also, primed vigor, other umbrals, sacrificials, amalgams from fractures) stuff you can't just buy more of in any way and have no other option to obtain another one.  So, as you said, no simple solution, maybe...if even possible at all.  Thanks for the reply.

Has been suggested a lot of times and I´d like to see this some day. Could be something simple as clicking on the rank bubbles on the botton of the mod in order to select the level you have already unlocked with endo. Also please use paragraphs because this is very hard to read.

17 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

snip

Both scenarios are a non factor. The currently selected level would be saved on the loadout not the mod itself.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Arcira said:

Has been suggested a lot of times and I´d like to see this some day. Could be something simple as clicking on the rank bubbles on the botton of the mod in order to select the level you have already unlocked with endo. Also please use paragraphs because this is very hard to read.

Both scenarios are a non factor. The currently selected level would be saved on the loadout not the mod itself.

if its hard to read then just dont read no1 is forcing u to do it

as much as i would love the idea of it i see how de say no to it
this would mean new layer of code that need to be implemented which would produce allot more bugs

and over all i believe in best interest of de is for us to buy credit boosters and farm them or endo and have farm more mods 
i believe it follows principal of in which why we cant have 10x forma blueprint or stack them in queue since its in their interest for us to buy formas for plat or farm them
in both cases we should play the game to get what we want in their minds

also in the end if u think about it general idea behind FORMAS them self is to be used so u can fit what  have and not bypass it buy reducing mod rank and avoiding gameplay
if u dig deeper into it whole system is focused on u maxing 1 mod and trowing as much formas into ur weapon or frame so they can hold all that upgraded mods

i really would love the idea trust me and many ppl asked for it and i believe it would be great
but if u think about it just go to https://overframe.gg for example and look how many builds work just fine with 1 forma
which means in most cases u miss like 2-5 mod capacity for ur build to fit all mods
now imagine how (if adjustable mod rank system would be implemented) forma demand would drop and how de would like that?

and again im all in for that idea i just dont see any bright future for it knowing how things works in warframe and on what ideas de base their game

the easiest way to solve it would be, the last mods would DErank based on missing warframe/weapon points, so if you have 2 mods that wont fit at the end, for example, the last mod would be roflcopter, and the mod befor it would be primed continuaty, then, roflcopter would go down in power first, if frame still cannot hold the mods, the prime continuaty would rank down.

edit, roflcopter is a real mod btw.....

gfMLWPJNECmQcaqxvRkhsHD8S1SppgQ2I0nDBMi1

Edited by BloodKitten

2 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

the easiest way to solve it would be, the last mods would DErank based on missing warframe/weapon points, so if you have 2 mods that wont fit at the end, for example, the last mod would be roflcopter, and the mod befor it would be primed continuaty, then, roflcopter would go down in power first, if frame still cannot hold the mods, the prime continuaty would rank down.

well damn me that sounds very reasonable but again de would not like it since in many cases ppl would abuse avoiding using formas since they could fit all mods they want in 1 or 0 forma builds

but again i like ur idea

5 hours ago, (XB1)Pedman711 said:

i just realized maybe we are looking in wrong place for a solution?
de dont want us to bypass grind and usage of formas
so maybe instead of tweaking mods how about tweak for a polarity?

as it works now 1 forma will set polarity on mod slot cutting its drain capacity by half
how about using 2nd forma on that polarity would cut capacity drain of a mod in another half

so for example we know mod with 10 capacity drain on appropriate polarity drains 5 mod with 9 drains also 5 so its always rounded to next even number
how about first polarity in one mod slot change capacity drain on mod with 10 to 5 so cuts it in half so its exactly how it works now
but if u use another forma and pick same mod slot and select same polarity a mod with capacity drain of 10 would go down to 3 (10->5 after first forma and from 5 -> to 3 after 2nd forma)

wouldnt that be a solution? we would waste more formas we would need to exp more so de should be happy and we lose nothing in a process (well except time and forma)
but in the end everyone should be happy

I know how formas work, hence why I mentioned them in my original post, but seeing as how i also mentioned it's sometimes not worth completely forma'ing a weapon/frame all over again(or at all) for a single capacity(or2), and i don't know about anyone else, but i have the worst dang luck and am totally lacking in the orokin cell dept.(to make formas), not worth for weapons you don't use constantly, but instead just wanna play with occasionally, but i digress.  My original thought was more directed to mods you are unable to get a 2nd copy of, but then again, most specifically umbra mods, in which the BP is super rare, but then again...just another reason to spend plat to buy and spend even more money. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Pedman711 said:

They should just let you get multiple copies of umbral mods. You can get extra of anything else easily enough. Boom. No coding issues to worry about. 

6 hours ago, Arcira said:

See above lol

4 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

edit, roflcopter is a real mod btw.....

gfMLWPJNECmQcaqxvRkhsHD8S1SppgQ2I0nDBMi1

I like my "just let us have duplicate umbral mods" idea tbh.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

They should just let you get multiple copies of umbral mods. You can get extra of anything else easily enough. Boom. No coding issues to worry about. 

Primed Fury wants a word. Primed Vigor too.

6 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

if its hard to read then just dont read no1 is forcing u to do it

as much as i would love the idea of it i see how de say no to it
this would mean new layer of code that need to be implemented which would produce allot more bugs

and over all i believe in best interest of de is for us to buy credit boosters and farm them or endo and have farm more mods 
i believe it follows principal of in which why we cant have 10x forma blueprint or stack them in queue since its in their interest for us to buy formas for plat or farm them
in both cases we should play the game to get what we want in their minds

also in the end if u think about it general idea behind FORMAS them self is to be used so u can fit what  have and not bypass it buy reducing mod rank and avoiding gameplay
if u dig deeper into it whole system is focused on u maxing 1 mod and trowing as much formas into ur weapon or frame so they can hold all that upgraded mods

i really would love the idea trust me and many ppl asked for it and i believe it would be great
but if u think about it just go to https://overframe.gg for example and look how many builds work just fine with 1 forma
which means in most cases u miss like 2-5 mod capacity for ur build to fit all mods
now imagine how (if adjustable mod rank system would be implemented) forma demand would drop and how de would like that?

and again im all in for that idea i just dont see any bright future for it knowing how things works in warframe and on what ideas de base their game

Just want to mention I have already maxed out any relevant mods including copies and have probably enought ressources for the next bunch of mod releases. In addition low level copies are rarely a problem in terms of investment.

Anyway I don´t get all these questionable technical discussions about what´s possible or not and a lot of people argue whith replayability, grind or purchases which is just a mechanical question not a fundermental disqualifier. Anyway I don´t really want start a discussion why this point is redundant anyway.

Also why are you so obsessed with Forma? To be clear I don´t like there curent state but I can´t see how this would affect them in a meaningful way. Why would anyone want to stop upgrading a warframe for lets say a level 3 Primed Flow when he could have a level 10? After all that´s the actual game loop and deranking is just a qol improvement. It doesn´t affect forma investment for the final build whatsoever.

For me the only solid argument here is development time. Of cause there can be bugs like with literally anything you change on a game. I can see why this doesn´t have priority right now but instead of instant rejections and questionable assertions I´d like people to discuss how they would like those kind of improvements implemented and whether or not they are more or less important that other things. Maybe this would DE actually help developing the game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

See above lol

I like my "just let us have duplicate umbral mods" idea tbh.

For me the main reaon why I want this to be a thing is because of this annoying inventory clutter. If they´d add even more copies and you have to get several versions of those with different levels as well I´ll become mad some day.

Just add a single mod and get ride of everything unnecessary inside the arsenal. Imagine you´d have weapon part´s or 5 version of each weapon with different base values (Zaw, Kitguns...) mixed between your already cluttered arsenal. This would be even worse to navigate compared the already annyoing state. And it doesn´t become better the more stuff they release.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcira said:

Just want to mention I have already maxed out any relevant mods including copies and have probably enought ressources for the next bunch of mod releases. In addition low level copies are rarely a problem in terms of investment.

Anyway I don´t get all these questionable technical discussions about what´s possible or not and a lot of people argue whith replayability, grind or purchases which is just a mechanical question not a fundermental disqualifier. Anyway I don´t really want start a discussion why this point is redundant anyway.

Also why are you so obsessed with Forma? To be clear I don´t like there curent state but I can´t see how this would affect them in a meaningful way. Why would anyone want to stop upgrading a warframe for lets say a level 3 Primed Flow when he could have a level 10? After all that´s the actual game loop and deranking is just a qol improvement. It doesn´t affect forma investment for the final build whatsoever.

For me the only solid argument here is development time. Of cause there can be bugs like with literally anything you change on a game. I can see why this doesn´t have priority right now but instead of instant rejections and questionable assertions I´d like people to discuss how they would like those kind of improvements implemented and whether or not they are more or less important that other things. Maybe this would DE actually help developing the game.

For me the main reaon why I want this to be a thing is because of this annoying inventory clutter. If they´d add even more copies and you have to get several versions of those with different levels as well I´ll become mad some day.

Just add a single mod and get ride of everything unnecessary inside the arsenal. Imagine you´d have weapon part´s or 5 version of each weapon with different base values (Zaw, Kitguns...) mixed between your already cluttered arsenal. This would be even worse to navigate compared the already annyoing state. And it doesn´t become better the more stuff they release.

look here is how it works 
what just happened to self damage? it was not removed it was replaced with something else which still annoys our life and thats how warframe works

as for today im crafting my 245th forma
r2BXNbe.png

so i hope u understand im not obsessed with formas damn maybe i am after all? anyway with the above example of self damage i hope now u understand in warframe we dont get good changes for free

so instead of wishing for de to change something in the game in a way that we want but adding more pain to that change 
its better we try to think about that pain our self 

so as that is explained tell me did u play from the start lately? i mean from like mr 1 actually? well i sure not but i meet ppl around mr 15
and turns out they struggle to get even 1 forma since they have so many frames and weapons to forma and there is just not enough formas for them
so while doing relics for formas is not an option they straight up buy forma bundle for plat while keep in mind they are poor in plat so this is like additional grind for them
but no1 is complaining
anyway now imagine if they could skip using few formas on few  builds that mean they would not buy that forma bundle and so less gameplay for them less grind and less plat would flow in game
now imagine they stop playing at some point and they never would even max rank that mods and use proper number on formas on their builds and think how happy de would be about it
so as u see im not obsessed with fromas i just see a problem from de side of story here

trust me i also wish for system where we can fit all mods we want into our builds but what have more chances of being implemented
option which satisfy only us players or option which satisfy us and de?

they want us to grind to play the game to interact with other players more so any solution that would reduce that is kinda no go for them i believe

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

look here is how it works 
what just happened to self damage? it was not removed it was replaced with something else which still annoys our life and thats how warframe work

Actually I like this change. Aoe weapons need a negative effect in order to compensat for there superior clearspeed. I prefer the flinch/knockback and recover mechnic over self damage any time. Do they have to tune affected gameplay (e.g. damage  fall off, chroma, etc). Yes. Does this mean the changes are bad? I don´t think so.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

so i hope u understand im not obsessed with formas damn maybe i am after all? anyway with the above example of self damage i hope now u understand in warframe we dont get good changes for free

so instead of wishing for de to change something in the game in a way that we want but adding more pain to that change 
its better we try to think about that pain our self 

so as that is explained tell me did u play from the start lately? i mean from like mr 1 actually? well i sure not but i meet ppl around mr 15
and turns out they struggle to get even 1 forma since they have so many frames and weapons to forma and there is just not enough formas for them
so while doing relics for formas is not an option they straight up buy forma bundle for plat while keep in mind they are poor in plat so this is like additional grind for them
but no1 is complaining
anyway now imagine if they could skip using few formas on few  builds that mean they would not buy that forma bundle and so less gameplay for them less grind and less plat would flow in game
now imagine they stop playing at some point and they never would even max rank that mods and use proper number on formas on their builds and think how happy de would be about it
so as u see im not obsessed with fromas i just see a problem from de side of story here

trust me i also wish for system where we can fit all mods we want into our builds but what have more chances of being implemented
option which satisfy only us players or option which satisfy us and de?

they want us to grind to play the game to interact with other players more so any solution that would reduce that is kinda no go for them i believe

Ok I think we need to do a weapon example. Let´s say a mod config is lacking 3 Slot points and you don´t have a Forma. Do you really think this would encurage someone to buy or farm for them if they didn´t really want to do it in the first place? Or do they just slap in an unranked [4] instead of max level satus/elemental hybrid mod [7]? Another example: This time we are lacking 5 points. You would most likely replace your max level High Voltage + Malignant Force corrosive combo [14] with Thermite Rounds [7] or something similar.

Correct me if I´m wrong but I think when you like a weapon usually you want to max it anyway in order to get all mods fit into your build and if you don´t ... well you don´t bother at all. Again I fail to see where deranking affects forma investment other than in (maybe) very specific niche situations.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

as for today im crafting my 245th forma
r2BXNbe.png

At least now you are honest and I can see why you are concerned. If you have invested a lot of time into something you don´t want it to become obsolete. But usually if they are doing big changes like that they consider player investment. I admit it´s not always on point but to be clear, even if a change affects players negatively at first, in my opinion that´s not a reason to prevent something from changing to the better. Instead they have to make double sure people get compensated accordingly.

Edited by Arcira

26 minutes ago, Arcira said:

Actually I like this change. Aoe weapons need a negative effect in order to compensat for there superior clearspeed. I prefer the flinch/knockback and recover mechnic over self damage any time. Do they have to tune affected gameplay (e.g. damage  fall off, chroma, etc). Yes. Does this mean the changes are bad? I don´t think so.

Ok I think we need to do a weapon example. Let´s say a mod config is lacking 3 Slot points and you don´t have a Forma. Do you really think this would encurage someone to buy or farm for them if they didn´t really want to do it in the first place? Or do they just slap in an unranked [4] instead of max level satus/elemental hybrid mod [7]? Another example: This time we are lacking 5 points. You would most likely replace your max level High Voltage + Malignant Force corrosive combo [14] with Thermite Rounds [7] or something similar.

Correct me if I´m wrong but I think when you like a weapon usually you want to max it anyway in order to get all mods fit into your build and if you don´t ... well you don´t bother at all. Again I fail to see where deranking affects forma investment other than in (maybe) very specific niche situations.

At least now you are honest and I can see why you are concerned. If you have invested a lot of time into something you don´t want it to become obsolete. But usually if they are doing big changes like that they consider player investment. I admit it´s not always on point but to be clear, even if a change affects players negatively at first, in my opinion that´s not a reason to prevent something from changing to the better. Instead they have to make double sure people get compensated accordingly.

i believe u didnt get me right in the first place 
i will never ever be against any system that lets me or any1 else fit desired mods into any build
i dont care about formas i have and that they will be wasted well lets face it at some point i stop playing and i wont even waste half of formas i have atm till that moment so thats not an issue here (btw my formas is result of crafting 1 per each day and not heavy grind so i could not care less for them than i am right now)

and yes ur right if someone like weapon or warframe will want to get best out of it so will invest as much in it as possible but what about ppl who do builds for specific job just to make that job done when they sacrifice like 100 or 200 hp or armor or 10 or 20 status% to get what they need would they feel any need to use that extra forma?

i doubt de would ever care for any change that can potentially reduce sells of forma in any way thats my point here

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

i believe u didnt get me right in the first place 
i will never ever be against any system that lets me or any1 else fit desired mods into any build
i dont care about formas i have and that they will be wasted well lets face it at some point i stop playing and i wont even waste half of formas i have atm till that moment so thats not an issue here (btw my formas is result of crafting 1 per each day and not heavy grind so i could not care less for them than i am right now)

i doubt de would ever care for any change that can potentially reduce sells of forma in any way thats my point here

To be fair they removed buy to respawn and something about I think they called it fur pattern slot machine. I don´t think DE is considered a greedy company by the majority.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

and yes ur right if someone like weapon or warframe will want to get best out of it so will invest as much in it as possible but what about ppl who do builds for specific job just to make that job done when they sacrifice like 100 or 200 hp or armor or 10 or 20 status% to get what they need would they feel any need to use that extra forma?

Like I said there might be some niche scenarios where you could actually save a forma with this system. But let´s be real it´s very unlikely this would result in a forma market crash or something.

Most warframes are used for specific task because of there specific skills. It doesn´t matter whether you have an additional 15% with a level 2, 30% with a maxed or no Intensify at all when you run a Loki for Simaris farming. All that matters is whether your core stats (duration in this case) are maxed and I believe people would rather drop an expendable mod in order to free space rather than investing into a warframe they don´t care about.

Especially since almost all task are doable without any forma investment. I have never invested anything into warframe like Saryn, Rhino, Volt, Trinity for ESO or eidolon farming. Firstly because I don´t really care about them outside of these specific tasks and secondly because I don´t need to. Whether or not I could add another low level Vitality mod for a little bit more hp doesn´t affect my forma decision making whatsoever.

Edited by Arcira

5 minutes ago, Arcira said:

To be fair they removed buy to respawn and something about I think they called it fur pattern slot machine. I don´t think DE is considered a greedy company by the majority.

Like I said there might be some niche scenarios where you could actually save a forma with this system. But let´s be real it´s very unlikely this would result in a forma market crash or something.

Most warframes are used for specific task because of there specific skills. It doesn´t matter whether you have an additional 15% with a level 2, 30% with a maxed or no Intensify at all when you run a Loki for Simaris farming. All that matters is whether your core stats (duration in this case) are maxed and I believe people would rather drop an expendable mod in order to free space rather than investing into a warframe they don´t care about.

Especially since almost all task are doable without any forma investment. I have never invested anything into warframe like Saryn, Rhino, Volt, Trinity for ESO or eidolon farming. Firstly because I don´t really care about them outside of these specific tasks and secondly because I don´t need to. Whether or not I could add another low level Vitality mod for a little bit more hp doesn´t affect my forma decision making whatsoever.

im farm from saying de is greedy here its like saying baker is greedy for wanting money for a bread
this is business and it need to be going well in the end we dont play for free without any reason right?
im just saying they want us to spend plat on formas and im fine with that but then if we care for any change in the game aside from benefit from us we need to consider how it would influence palt flow and how would de like it since something that reduce plat flow would have lesser chance of being implemented

just because u or me would go for max forma on our eq because we want to get max out of it does not mean others would go for lowest effort route and try to avoid using forma just cause they can reduce mod rank which was already upgraded to max
consider that
now imagine like lets say 20% of warframe players decide to not buy formas since they can just lower mod ranks and think would u want ur company to lose 20% of income from any source? hell even 10%?

im just being realistic think about it

42 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

im farm from saying de is greedy here its like saying baker is greedy for wanting money for a bread
this is business and it need to be going well in the end we dont play for free without any reason right?
im just saying they want us to spend plat on formas and im fine with that but then if we care for any change in the game aside from benefit from us we need to consider how it would influence palt flow and how would de like it since something that reduce plat flow would have lesser chance of being implemented

just because u or me would go for max forma on our eq because we want to get max out of it does not mean others would go for lowest effort route and try to avoid using forma just cause they can reduce mod rank which was already upgraded to max
consider that
now imagine like lets say 20% of warframe players decide to not buy formas since they can just lower mod ranks and think would u want ur company to lose 20% of income from any source? hell even 10%?

im just being realistic think about it

Realistically DE makes money on cosmetics not forma, the reason we don't have adjustable mod levels is most likely due to the complexity of coding them in and the risk associated with changing the code that stores players mod inventories.

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

Realistically DE makes money on cosmetics not forma, the reason we don't have adjustable mod levels is most likely due to the complexity of coding them in and the risk associated with changing the code that stores players mod inventories.

ur right about cosmetics but if u think about forma when ppl buy forma bundle which they do since everyone want to progress in the game and forma is one way for that which imply that most likely some players throw plat into affinity boosters means de in fact make plat out of forma maybe u dont buy them well i dont for sure but many ppl do 
and if u believe im wrong consider why we dont have 1 hour crafting time on forma or why we dont have 10x forma blueprints

29 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

ur right about cosmetics but if u think about forma when ppl buy forma bundle which they do since everyone want to progress in the game and forma is one way for that which imply that most likely some players throw plat into affinity boosters means de in fact make plat out of forma maybe u dont buy them well i dont for sure but many ppl do 
and if u believe im wrong consider why we dont have 1 hour crafting time on forma or why we dont have 10x forma blueprints

I don't think forma are a large part of the money making equation and there are quiet a few ways to get them in game but sure they probably don't mind people buying them. That being said I think the lack of adjustable mod levels is a programming thing rather than a financial thing 

Edited by Troposphere6

No one has ever posted a direct link, but many here have asserted that DE has said adjustable mods cannot be done because of how the mods are coded.

I suspect mods of each rank are likely individual items in the database, (Serration unranked is one item, Serration rank 1 is one item, etc) so to give us a slider would require a total overhaul of mods on the back end, and that's not something they likely have the desire or manpower to do. Further, and most importantly, if they give us a slider on the mods we won't have any need to grind for mods anymore once you get just one copy of the one you need. Anything that removes grind is something DE's going to be very, very hesitant to go with because grind is the only thing that keeps this game alive.

The only solution I could see that would satisfy players while preserving the grind would be to give us a slider, but revert to Mods 1.0 wherein you had to fuse multiple copies of the same mod in order rank it up. But that was just a nightmare with the low drop rate on many mods, which is why DE changed it to what we have now. So even with that idea players would still be upset.

There's no good way to give players adjustable mods. If they did not change anything else, it would eliminate the need for grind the moment you got a single copy of a mod. If they change the grind, people will complain about more work, poor drop rates, etc.

I don't say this to be a downer. Believe me, I'd much prefer to have adjustable mods. But there's no path forward that can satisfy players and DE alike.

48 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

I don't think forma are a large part of the money making equation and there are quiet a few ways to get them in game but sure they probably don't mind people buying them. That being said I think the lack of adjustable mod levels is a programming thing rather than a financial thing 

i believe both but as for form de is not making plat on us buying forma but in us needing more plat and getting it in a various ways after we spent them on forma
kinda like plat sink a platinum that does not go back into economy but is just plain used and disappear from the environment

36 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

No one has ever posted a direct link, but many here have asserted that DE has said adjustable mods cannot be done because of how the mods are coded.

I suspect mods of each rank are likely individual items in the database, (Serration unranked is one item, Serration rank 1 is one item, etc) so to give us a slider would require a total overhaul of mods on the back end, and that's not something they likely have the desire or manpower to do. Further, and most importantly, if they give us a slider on the mods we won't have any need to grind for mods anymore once you get just one copy of the one you need. Anything that removes grind is something DE's going to be very, very hesitant to go with because grind is the only thing that keeps this game alive.

The only solution I could see that would satisfy players while preserving the grind would be to give us a slider, but revert to Mods 1.0 wherein you had to fuse multiple copies of the same mod in order rank it up. But that was just a nightmare with the low drop rate on many mods, which is why DE changed it to what we have now. So even with that idea players would still be upset.

There's no good way to give players adjustable mods. If they did not change anything else, it would eliminate the need for grind the moment you got a single copy of a mod. If they change the grind, people will complain about more work, poor drop rates, etc.

I don't say this to be a downer. Believe me, I'd much prefer to have adjustable mods. But there's no path forward that can satisfy players and DE alike.

i believe only reasonable way of dealing with mods would be to do give us a system where we can do duplicate version of a mod but which cannot be sold and disappear if we sell original copy

where duplicates would be labeled DUPLICATE but comes in different ranks but that would be again allot of coding and allot of a mess