Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your favorite underrated, non-meta, guilty pleasure weapons?

NovusKnight

7 hours ago, (XB1)Ihavecrabs12 said:

Boar prime primary i have no clue why bc its an impact shotgun so its naturally not great but ig i like the sound

I to like everything about the Boar prime, what with a riven for extra status chance for a corrosive fire build was fairly decent to take down extra armor sortis solo or L120+ armored targets solo and also fairly good in old events like the L100 brusa stuff before DE made mini bosses and bosses status immune. On Ember it was actually fairly nice, given that the spread and full auto was quite desireable if you can modify 4k heat damage on it to 36k per single shot to faceroll all the factions at lower levels and litterally melt down any armored target at any level. Unfortunally since the status shotgun changes it is fairly pointless to use against any target.

I also like my Mara detron since the day it was introduced more then any other secondary weapon, given it easily outplayed the Brakk at high levels even back in the days when it did halve the damage of the Brakk, given the elemental base damage made it was actually decent status gun once you started dumping the hole magazine into heavy targets even with low status chances back in the day.

• 1 year later...

Primaries: Basmu

Secondaries: Twin Grakatas, Cyanex

and for my Melee, I made a Kronsh Machete Zaw with a riven that adds heat and cold damage.

Due to the weapon's shape, unpopularity, and raw explosive power, I named it the only possible acceptable name:

"The Ullapool Caber"

Edited by (XBOX)HollowCube987

NECROMANCY!

My underrated weapon of choice is, and will always be, the Convectrix. The amount of status this thing can dish out puts Kuva Nukor to shame, and it's really entertaining maxing out status stacks instantly, while also building up hundreds of slash stacks in a few seconds.

My guilty pleasures tend to be over-rated weapons.

Anyway, one underrated weapon I've been having a ton of fun with lately is Zhuge Prime.  This thing got so much hate when it first came out, but IMO it's quite solid.  And really, filling a tough target with a rapid  barrage of bolts and then having it explode half a second later is just: 

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Yes, Jolly Dark Lord of the Sith sums up the feeling.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Convectrix

Excellent choice.  Kind of a variation of the Zhuge Prime Delayed Gratification Effect.    Except instead of splodey arrows it's a few hundred slash procs.

• Like 2

I don't know if it underrated but I never seen anyone use it. Zhuge Prime. I went and made this thing as it sounded cool. And oh boy was I right. With mods it has 60%+ crit chance and status, 4.4x crit. High slash and viral. Decent high fire rate and two chance to proc. Impact of arrow and then the explosion. Then on top of that, multi shot.
Stuff just melts.

Edit after:
I didn't see @Tiltskillet post when I did mine. But yeah.

Edited by SilverSkyway

On 2020-03-28 at 7:04 AM, VhwatGoes said:

The tune of firing rockets, the spectacular updated explosions

Brother, I hear you. I love the weapon too, dumped the original in favour of the Kuva variant, and its still good. better trhan the Bramma easily (as you cna shoot 3 rockets in the time 1 arrow goes). As for the sound, that "poot poot poot.... boom boom boom... hurr hurr hurr" is beautiful.

I'll give a shout-out to the Baza. Its not the best weapon, too much fall-off, but it feels nice. It sounds lovely. It has a RoF that's just great.

Also, guilty pleasure: the Phantasma. Not for its beam primary attack with its rather wierd effects, no, for its alt fire - the grenade that explodes into homing missiles! Whoever thought that up deserves a "crazy but genius" medal. I like to stand up top of ther Lith fortress and rain homing missiles down on the enemy as they charge in, its just awesome for the amusement factor.

• Like 1