Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that enemy scaling is fixed, viral and our unbelievable damage output need nerfing?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This argument is open for all sorts of opinions and ideas

Telling someone to stop talking or stop thinking is incredibly unprofessional 

I am keeping it civil

ignore the lad mate or kill em with kindness your response can be seen as getting outta hand .and to be frank even though i do agree that it wasnt that bad my op dosent matter on a thread getting locked. its how the mods take it. either way this thread intests me and id hate to see it be locked just be careful lad

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

ignore the lad mate or kill em with kindness your response can be seen as getting outta hand .and to be frank even though i do agree that it wasnt that bad my op dosent matter on a thread getting locked. its how the mods take it. either way this thread intests me and id hate to see it be locked just be careful lad

You're interested in the topic, keep the argument going...thread derails are what locks a post

And besides...i did not offend him in anyway...he is the one offending me 

But i'll take your advice and meet them with kindness next time 

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

You're interested in the topic, keep the argument going...thread derails are what locks a post

And besides...i did not offend him in anyway...he is the one offending me 

But i'll take your advice and meet them with kindness next time 

i have lad

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

First of all

Thank you for the first comment, i really needed that laugh. 

You really think i care about your likes? 

You really think i care about what you think?

You're incredibly unprofessional in arguments and all you do is shout at people and wanting them to shut up because your opinion is divine

Second, most of my ideas DID get implemented, one of them was the electricity rework, some grendel tweaks, some Gauss tweaks

And many other ideas that talked about countless times...that players did not approve of

All i care about is wanting a balanced game with challenge and fun in it

You want to kill stuff...go play a beat em up on a ps2 or something

When people are actively against your terrible ideas. It’s time to recognize that your ideas are in fact terrible and you need to stop.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

When people are actively against your terrible ideas. It’s time to recognize that your ideas are in fact terrible and you need to stop.

Can you go into detail as to why its a bad idea? id like to hear and try to understand why you think its bad

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Can you go into detail as to why its a bad idea? id like to hear and try to understand why you think its bad

DE reduced enemy armor scaling to fix it. Reducing our damage to match that reduction puts us back at square one and it completely nullify's the whole reason DE reduced armor scaling in the first place

What Hopper is suggesting isn’t improving the game or putting it in a better direction. It’s just putting us backwards.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

-snip-

Not at all. they didnt reduce armor scaling to fix viral as viral wasnt in a bad spot to begin with.

Reducing our damage output isnt also a big issue being that were still going to output just as much damage just not as much with viral. and even so with that being said a nerf to viral wouldnt kill it on paper just bringing it inline with other elements.which isnt an issue. nerfing the max amount of procs or the strength of the status seems fair. im not saying gut status in itself or viral but It is way to strong again. but if youd read my earlier retort as to why i think its too strong youd see why 

They reduced armor scaling because people were leaving and to save face. though its nice to see they didnt care untill they were 0-2 with updates.

im for improving the other elements as well. but as it stands viral is way above the others. which is why it needs to be brought down as well as the other elements looked at and playtested more extensively so we  dont have stuff like this to keep happening.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not at all. they didnt reduce armor scaling to fix viral as viral wasnt in a bad spot to begin with.

Reducing our damage output isnt also a big issue being that were still going to output just as much damage just not as much with viral. and even so with that being said a nerf to viral wouldnt kill it on paper just bringing it inline with other elements.which isnt an issue. nerfing the max amount of procs or the strength of the status seems fair. im not saying gut status in itself or viral but It is way to strong again. but if youd read my earlier retort as to why i think its too strong youd see why 

They reduced armor scaling because people were leaving and to save face. though its nice to see they didnt care untill they were 0-2 with updates.

im for improving the other elements as well. but as it stands viral is way above the others. which is why it needs to be brought down as well as the other elements looked at and playtested more extensively so we  dont have stuff like this to keep happening.

Again, Viral isn’t over powered. You’re just overblowing how good it is.

• Like 2

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah if it was over powered it would be outperforming 10/10 times.

the fact that outside of niche situations you can bring viral to any situation and it will perform just as good if not better then the advised elements it needs to be tuned. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Yes viral is incredibly overpowered right now

Because every enemy has a health type, and as long as they have health...they're vulnerable to slash...and guess what? Viral increases the damage of slash EXPONENTIALLY 

And guess what as well? The armor scaling curve is very low at the moment 

Hey you’re the one who said 8/10 not me.

The Thing is it should be doing that well to the point where we have Heat Elect. Frost Gas Corr. Rad Toxin Gas Mag. and viral is dominant above all of them and can be used in most if not all situations more effectively than advised elemental combos against factions who even have a resistance against viral. and this is coming from an ash main who adores slash and viral given my passive. Its too strong and needs to be touched. and id prefer if they look at this now. before we get used to it and they GUT viral down the line in favor of another element

They need to balance elements just like ips needs to be rebalnced

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yes enemy scaling is fixed and brought down to a more manageable level. What of it?

Be more perceptive

Watch the scaling curve for both health, armor and shields

Look how incredibly low the health curve is compared to the other curves

Remember that direct health type in warframe represent 66% of the primary 3 factions which are corpus and infested 

So not only is viral increases the damage against health by a lot, health it self is now a very weak defense type for enemies

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Be more perceptive

Watch the scaling curve for both health, armor and shields

Look how incredibly low the health curve is compared to the other curves

Remember that direct health type in warframe represent 66% of the primary 3 factions which are corpus and infested 

So not only is viral increases the damage against health by a lot, health it self is now a very weak defense type for enemies

Ok so? Infested have always been easy to kill.

Grineer have damage resistance with armor still. It just doesn’t scale to ridiculous numbers by level 110 anymore.

• Like 2

Ok so? Infested have always been easy to kill.

Grineer have damage resistance with armor still. It just doesn’t scale to ridiculous numbers by level 110 anymore.

So you think it's ok to have a single elemental combo perfect for all factions and all levels and most content?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

So you think it's ok to have a single elemental combo perfect for all factions and all levels and most content?

Viral heat is useless on Corpus. Viral does nothing against shields, and heat has no armor to strip.

Corrosive was used the exact same way. It was used for armor strip on grineer and it’s damage bonus to heavy infested made it useful there.

Also let’s face it. After the CO nerf Status melee needed something to make it good again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Viral heat is useless on Corpus. Viral does nothing against shields, and heat has no armor to strip.

Corrosive was used the exact same way. It was used for armor strip on grineer and it’s damage bonus to heavy infested made it useful there.

Also let’s face it. After the CO nerf Status melee needed something to make it good again.

viral does damage to health and while shield gating is a step forward a headshot negated that. you shread Corpus.

Viral shreads Heavy gunners and bombards well past the 200 mark viral and heat does the same. Heat does dmg and ccs as well as strip armor.. when if im not mistaken viral should not play that much into effect until a considerate amount of armor is stripped. 

Corrosive is in a worse spot because of the rework to which im not against but again my point is viral peforms too well atm

status didnt need viral to be buffed over the top and the co nerf wasnt and isnt as bad as people make it out to be. in most of my status weapons i dont use primed pressure point in favor of co and its been like that since before this status rework. status melee wasnt in a bad or worse spot imo. being someone who if not using their daikyu uses pretty much every melee under the sun i can attest to status being bad after the CO changes. 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

Viral only seems overpowered because Corrosive was nerfed. Before, Corrosive could outdamage Radiation against Alloy armor despite being neutral because of its proc. With the 80% strip cap, it never pulls ahead of Radiation's innate +75% armor class modifier against Alloy which double dips. Corrosive is still useful because it has a +75% armor class modifier against Ferrite, but that's the only thing that saves it, but it's no longer the go to general element to use.

Viral is still good against Corpus in that you can still stack Viral while their shields up and then they instantly explode once the shields are down. Viral itself is only neutral against shields.

Viral is the best general element now because it has no meaningful resistances and a proc that simply increases DPS. It's only resisted by Machinery and Infested, which are already squishy.

Magnetic gets the same bonus as Viral against shields, but not every enemy has shields, but all of them have health. Also, Magnetic still has the double dipping negative armor-class modifier against Alloy (which a lot of Corpus bosses and Bursas have), which is why everyone pans it as the worst damage type.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

viral does damage to health and while shield gating is a step forward a headshot negated that. you shread Corpus.

Viral shreads Heavy gunners and bombards well past the 200 mark viral and heat does the same. Heat does dmg and ccs as well as strip armor.

Corrosive is in a worse spot because of the rework to which im not against but again my point is viral peforms too well atm

status didnt need viral to be buffed over the top and the co nerf wasnt and isnt as bad as people make it out to be. in most of my status weapons i dont use primed pressure point in favor of co and its been like that since before this status rework. status melee wasnt in a bad or worse spot imo. being someone who if not using their daikyu uses pretty much every melee under the sun i can attest to status being bad after the CO changes. 

Have you actually even played Warframe?

Viral isnt OP, corrosive is still good, CO is worthless.

The new viral does the same to health as magnetic does to shields. And DE even explained why they designed them to work this new way now.

Corrosive strips armor faster than it has in the past. Sure it’s capped at 80 and that sucks, but making it stack additively instead of getting diminishing returns on armor strip, and the reduced enemy armor values still make it a good status type.

CO is useless. There hasn’t been a single build I’ve tested where CO has been the better choice than PPP in my builds. So I have no idea where this idea that CO is always the better option for every build ever came from. Because it’s not. 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Have you actually even played Warframe?

Viral is OP, corrosive is still good, CO is worthless.

The new viral does the same to health as magnetic does to shields. And DE even explained why they designed them to work this new way now.

Corrosive strips armor faster than it has in the past. Sure it’s capped at 80 and that sucks, but making it stack additively instead of getting diminishing returns on armor strip, and the reduced enemy armor values still make it a good status type.

CO is useless. There hasn’t been a single build I’ve tested where CO has been the better choice than PPP in my builds. So I have no idea where this idea that CO is always the better option for every build ever came from. Because it’s not. 

yes ive even held daily and weekly records for mot survivals solo and squad on multiple occasions. 

Viral is op(you just said it? wasn't it not op earlier) . Corrosive is in a worse spot then before while not worthless it could be better and CO as someone whos doing endurance runs solo and with groups is arguably not in a bad spot. 

The thing is every enemy has health. as someone mentioned above  which is what leads it to being too strong. im not saying Gut it but tune some of the values to make such weaker and also look at the other elements again. because again Viral can be brought everywhere. The other elements dont get that same luxury to be able to perform in such a caliber

Im aware but did you also know SS on ash still strips all armor for a set time?

CO is not useless. Being that I run mostly status melee and even so on A hybrid setup where i manily use narmon its just as good as ppp. Even went 3 hours 12 mins with a pure status nikana zaw and ash prime. ( melted the enemies all the same until around 2:45 mark then i had to rely more on SS to help get rid of ancients. CO Can replace PPP in Many builds but hey its not for everyone. Specially not you zenurik Folk.

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

yes ive even held daily and weekly records for mot survivals solo and squad on multiple occasions. 

Viral is op(you just said it? wasn't it not op earlier) . Corrosive is in a worse spot then before while not worthless it could be better and CO as someone whos doing endurance runs solo and with groups is arguably not in a bad spot. 

The thing is every enemy has health. as someone mentioned above  which is what leads it to being too strong. im not saying Gut it but tune some of the values to make such weaker and also look at the other elements again. because again Viral can be brought everywhere. The other elements dont get that same luxury to be able to perform in such a caliber

Im aware but did you also know SS on ash still strips all armor for a set time?

CO is not useless. Being that I run mostly status melee and even so on A hybrid setup where i manily use narmon its just as good as ppp. Even went 3 hours 12 mins with a pure status nikana zaw and ash prime. ( melted the enemies all the same until around 2:45 mark then i had to rely more on SS to help get rid of ancients. CO Can replace PPP in Many builds but hey its not for everyone. Specially not you zenurik Folk.

You know I’ve been testing me Kuva Nukor and Gram Prime against my usual test. And guess what. They both performed better with corrosive modded on them over Viral.

If Viral was actually OP that wouldn’t be the case now would it.

• Like 2