Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is arcane barrier even worth it?

JackHargreav

Since shields got a buff I started to use... well shield based warframes more.

Frames like Mag, Gauss, Volt etc. 

Now arcene Aegis works on most frames pretty well. (Especially on Hildryn) And then I wanted see how arcane barrier would work. And to me it seems like It's just a crappier version of aegis.

Am I just missing something or this arcane was nerfed so hard it became almost useless?

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Since shields got a buff I started to use... well shield based warframes more.

Frames like Mag, Gauss, Volt etc. 

Now arcene Aegis works on most frames pretty well. (Especially on Hildryn) And then I wanted see how arcane barrier would work. And to me it seems like It's just a crappier version of aegis.

Am I just missing something or this arcane was nerfed so hard it became almost useless?

well if you really want to hit hard the shield theme, or just squeeze all the extra survivability from a volt or a mag and you dont fell like you need any other arcane, you can just run both barrier and aegis

imho aegis still looks much better, so yeah i would say its not worth it. but im not a fan of aegis either

Edited by JohnKable

46 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

well if you really want to hit hard the shield theme, or just squeeze all the extra survivability from a volt or a mag and you dont fell like you need any other arcane, you can just run both barrier and aegis

imho aegis still looks much better, so yeah i would say its not worth it. but im not a fan of aegis either

I might use them both. But I kinda want to keep a slot for proc resistance arcanes.

I might just use them on Hildryn only.

6 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I might use them both. But I kinda want to keep a slot for proc resistance arcanes.

I might just use them on Hildryn only.

Resist Arcanes are worthless with the small exception of arcane nulifier for eidolons.. And maybe profit taker but really I just use pads there.  Your better off with just about anything else.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 2

It is really only useful on Hildryn since it is more or less her "energize". It gives you an extra layer if you like to cosplay the helicopter hovertank crossbreed.

On other frames Aegis is enough. Aegis is straight up insane on Nezha and Gara thanks to their damage reduction skills.

It's good for frames who can hold onto shields longer than normal. Gara, gauss, hildryn, etc. Anything with either a ton of shields or massive damage reduction increasing your effective shielding. But it has to be their base shields, harrow is kind of bad with it because he uses over shields and his sustain comes from regen instead of just having a long lasting shield.

Edited by Annnoth