Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mathematicians needed

VenomousValentine

Question

So, I've been toying with a hypothetical build in my head, Completely untested, I just am theory crafting here. Buckle up, because you're in for a ride.
So recently I discovered that peculiar growth counts as a status proc, for the purposes of condition overload.

So, omitting irrelevancies like duration and utility, Consider this build.

Saryn+Kubrow: Venom Dose, Peculiar Growth, Mecha set, Vigorous swap, Umbral Intensify, And power drift.
This brings saryn to 159% power strength, giving venom dose 159% corrosive bonus, and toxic lash 47% toxin bonus
Kuva Brakk: The actual damage numbers for this are irrelevant, all you need to know is it will be built for status. That said, it will be native radiation, built for gas magnetic, giving it a total of 7 status procs including IPS and peculiar growth.
Zaw with exodia force: Built for viral and heat, with condition overload. the other stats have yet to be worked out, we're just calculating bonus damage here, no innate damages in this equation.

This brings our total number of statuses to 11 for condition overload, which comes out to +1320% damage
Venom dose and toxic lash give 159% + 47%
Vigorous swap gives 165%
Mecha empowered gives 150%

Assuming someone can figure out the order of operations here, what would the total bonus damage be?

12 answers to this question

So, I've been toying with a hypothetical build in my head, Completely untested, I just am theory crafting here. Buckle up, because you're in for a ride.
So recently I discovered that peculiar growth counts as a status proc, for the purposes of condition overload.

So, omitting irrelevancies like duration and utility, Consider this build.

Saryn+Kubrow: Venom Dose, Peculiar Growth, Mecha set, Vigorous swap, Umbral Intensify, And power drift.
This brings saryn to 159% power strength, giving venom dose 159% corrosive bonus, and toxic lash 47% toxin bonus
Kuva Brakk: The actual damage numbers for this are irrelevant, all you need to know is it will be built for status. That said, it will be native radiation, built for gas magnetic, giving it a total of 7 status procs including IPS and peculiar growth.
Zaw with exodia force: Built for viral and heat, with condition overload. the other stats have yet to be worked out, we're just calculating bonus damage here, no innate damages in this equation.

This brings our total number of statuses to 11 for condition overload, which comes out to +1320% damage
Venom dose and toxic lash give 159% + 47%
Vigorous swap gives 165%
Mecha empowered gives 150%

Assuming someone can figure out the order of operations here, what would the total bonus damage be?

According to wiki Vigorous swap's damage bonus doesnt apply to melee. I didnt test that in recent times so cannot confirm or deny.

You should also differentiate the base damage bonuses, full damage bonuses and elemental damage bonuses (the ones applied like an elemental mod), it is very relevant for the final calculation and its quite time consuming to look for every single thing on wiki

1 minute ago, JohnKable said:

According to wiki Vigorous swap's damage bonus doesnt apply to melee. I didnt test that in recent times so cannot confirm or deny.

You should also differentiate the base damage bonuses, full damage bonuses and elemental damage bonuses (the ones applied like an elemental mod), it is very relevant for the final calculation and its quite time consuming to look for every single thing on wiki

The only elemental damage bonuses we're calculating here is from venom dose and toxic lash.

And if that vigorous swap is indeed the case (Which I don't think it is?) Then calculate without it.

We aren't actually calculating the damage the weapons do here, we're just calculating the bonuses received from the varying gimmicks.

22 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

The only elemental damage bonuses we're calculating here is from venom dose and toxic lash.

And if that vigorous swap is indeed the case (Which I don't think it is?) Then calculate without it.

We aren't actually calculating the damage the weapons do here, we're just calculating the bonuses received from the varying gimmicks.

i understand. I was just saying it is critical for the calculation to know exactly when and where a buff is applied.
The calculation itself its pretty easy, since base damage multipliers are additive, excluding vigorous swap its 1320 for CO plus 150 for mecha for a totale of 1470% (you can consider it as a x15,7 multiplier).
If saryn's 159+47 are both applied as an elemental, they just add up as a 206% elemental bonus. Now here its very critical to know if its apllied as a regular elemental mod, or if for any reason its applied on top of total damage, of it just considers base unmodded damage

If we consider it a regular elemental mod, if im doing it right the total should be a x48 multiplier of base damage. But thats only taking into account base unmodded damage. Any mod you add to the count changes the math considerably, as well as WHERE and HOW do you apply bonuses as i was saying before

Also i can tell you i wasnt able to see condition overload counting the "microwave" status form peculiar growth as an actual status. But again not willing to take that for certain

Edited by JohnKable

36 minutes ago, Cyba_Zero said:

Also I thought condition overload got capped to 3 statuses max a few updates ago, unless they changed it back since.

It was never capped. They were *thinking* of capping it but released the update without capping it.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Cyba_Zero:

Also I thought condition overload got capped to 3 statuses max a few updates ago, unless they changed it back since.

Condition Overload is not capped and never was. The 3 status cap was an idea back before the "Kuva Lich Update" from Halloween but the workshop idea did not make it into the game. 

And after a bit of testing I can confirm that Vigorous Swap does not work with melee damage.

can't calculate from the information given, Venom Dose being applied alongside how much other Elemental Damage?
and can't calculate Toxic Lash without knowing your other Elemental Mods and Et Cetera either.

because you have stuff that is actual Elemental and scales off of Elemental, it's not possible to calculate some of these pieces without knowing the Mods you have on.
i can do Condition Overload and Mecha Empowered, but then i'm stuck because i don't know what your overall Elemental Multiplier is and since i'm missing data i can't do Toxic Lash either since it's applied to all of your Damage.
i already have the functionality of everything memorized especially since we're talking about Saryn (not flexing, just trying to make a point that there's data missing), but i can't do anything with that yet.

Edited by taiiat

Toxic lash damage is affected even by elemental mods on the weapon. But one time, I tested with Venom Dose, and the buff of Venom Dose didn't change Toxic lash damage. So have to test what Can affect or not Toxic Lash.

Edited by MPonder

2 hours ago, MPonder said:

Toxic lash damage is affected even by elemental mods on the weapon. But one time, I tested with Venom Dose, and the buff of Venom Dose didn't change Toxic lash damage. So have to test what Can affect or not Toxic Lash.

Venom Dose does increase Toxic Lash damage. It's possible this has changed since whenever you tested it, but I tried it just now and it worked.

The Venom Dose augment is essentially a +Corrosive elemental mod, if your weapon already has +90% mods in Toxin and Electricity you will have a +280% Corrosive damage total (not factoring in ability strength).

1 hour ago, Shinyzenith said:

Venom Dose does increase Toxic Lash damage. It's possible this has changed since whenever you tested it, but I tried it just now and it worked.

The Venom Dose augment is essentially a +Corrosive elemental mod, if your weapon already has +90% mods in Toxin and Electricity you will have a +280% Corrosive damage total (not factoring in ability strength).

I tested now too, it is actually buffing, I didn't knew. When I tested, I was trying to see how good it would be to use her for DPS on EIdolon Hunt, even if it was Corrosive on the Augment, with Toxic Lash together plus the -99 armor with Corrosives Auras, would make more than enough of a buff. But then, I tested toxic lash and it wasn't getting the damage increase when I activated the Venom Dose on my tests.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Think this change on . Hotfix 27.0.9 changed this

- Removed redundant ‘Damage Blocked’ stat from Saryn’s Toxic Lash. 

or on Update 27.2

- Fixed script error with Saryn’s Toxic Lash ability.

Or I just tested wrong, even if I tested both on simulacrum and soloing Eidolon.

Edited by MPonder