Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth prime: Air burst

Bloop

This will be quick, but it is still an issue that has been prevalent since Corinth itself was released. Base Corinth has its arming distance and automated explosion beyond said distance, which is affected by flight speed modifiers.
Corinth prime doesn't have an automated explosion, therefore it is more reliant on human error (not complaining, I prefer it). The problem lies in the flight speed itself, especially when it reaches excessive increases (Jet Stream), which easily renders the air burst unusuable.

My suggestion to alleviate this issue, as well as any hitbox issues that the projectile has by itself (a clunky hitbox can ruin a supposedly planned explosion), is as follows: Make the projectile detonate upon surface impact, this will fix any sort of inconsistency and it will allow for a much easier usage on situations where your projectile speed is modified.

I've read about suggesting an arming distance too, but I think that's completely pointless ever since self damage was removed, there's nothing wrong in having a bit of "danger" in knockdowns from attempting to basically explode the weapon on your face. I'm aware this would defeat the whole point of an "air burst", but this mechanic isn't that practical when certain modifiers can easily make it unusable.

Edited by Bloop
  • Like 12

10 minutes ago, Bloop said:

Corinth prime doesn't have an automated explosion

Apparently it does at 90m, but the projectile has a lifespan of 2s, according to the wiki at least. So it probably dies out before that (Haven't tested it myself).

EDIT: Corrected the info >_<

Edited by NightmareT12

Detonation on impact would probably come at the cost of something, and i don't want that.

Also i like being able to detonate it exactly were i want, even in mid air.

If we could have both detonation on impact AND on demand, at no cost, then sure why not.

Also make it release bomblets and increase the crit stats to 20% x2.5 please.

16 hours ago, Robolaser said:

Detonation on impact would probably come at the cost of something, and i don't want that.

Very much my thinking, manual detonation is quite managable, just might take some getting used to I guess,
but the Blast Radius (and damage) is quite generous in allowing even non-perfect shots to still have a big impact.

17 hours ago, Bloop said:

The problem lies in the flight speed itself, especially when it reaches excessive increases (Jet Stream), which easily renders the air burst unusuable.

So don't make the decision to use those excessive increases 😛

16 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

normal corinth [...] same damage

Primary Fire has increased DPS thanks to Fire Rate + Magazine Size + Status Chance buffs.

Secondary Fire has 5x the damage and again significantly improved Status Chance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

So don't make the decision to use those excessive increases 😛

The deal here is that said increases also benefits the buckshot mode. So why would I not play a warframe that I want to play, while being able to use the weapon as effectively as any other? As far as I'm aware, this is the only weapon where you apparently cannot play whatever you want to play. And going by your logic, why play the game at all if it's a broken mess? Don't give feedback, don't support for better changes, just don't play the game roflmao.

Edited by Bloop
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

normal corinth its more cool to play.

Well, that’s just your opinion man. Me and the boys are having a blast with Corinth Prime because we can control where the airbust is gonna hit and the increased status chance on the primary allows us to proc more status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloop said:

why would I not play a warframe that I want to play, while being able to use the weapon as effectively as any other?

Nobody is condemning you for mix-and-matching whatever, but if you're gonna use a loadout
that actively makes part of that loadout harder to use, well, that's on you.

There's other examples of abilities hurting the flow of combat / ease of killing,
like Snow Globes and of course Limbo getting in the way, Vauban / Khora making enemies get stuck in some corner,
Garuda using her 2 on, say, a Power Cell carrier, using a non-silent weapon during Prowl, and whatnot.

Corinth happens to be the one weapon where +Flight Speed can be a serious detriment.
So, adapt to that, either by not using +FS, or by "gitting gud" at compensating for it.

1 hour ago, Bloop said:

And going by your logic, why play the game at all

Well that's a reasonable escalation, right there.

My point kinda was, there's no real need for +Flight Speed if you plan on using both firing modes,
you have Primary Fire for short-to-medium range, and Secondary Fire for medium-to-long range combat.

(And if you're going for a Crit-focused HunMun build that's mostly about the Primary Fire,
then you can slap on all the +Flight Speed you want, no prob.)

• Like 1

I just want it to cost 1 ammo (maybe 2) and not become useless when the projectile hits an object, just make press alt fire once = fire projectile, press again = detonate. Until then it would latch onto whatever it hits with a long lifespan.