Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes should get +Range buff in Open Worlds

Chewarette

Heya fellow Tennos,

I wanted to discuss one point that bothered me since Day 1 of Open Worlds : Warframe's Range.

DE introduced fall-off damage for all Guns because there is a huge difference for hitscan weapons between normal missions and outdoor missions. I got it. But unfortunately they never thought about Warframe's ability, which for most can reach maybe 50m... at 250% Range. Needless to say most of your Warframes' spells will be utterly useless if you dare having a Range stat below 150%.

Of course it can be a benefit, as some meta frames are rendered useless or painful to play (such as Saryn), but it also kills some other Warframes, heavily relying on their spells, which are already avoided elsewhere. Have you ever tried a Nyx or Vauban in the Plains ? Yeah, me neither. Even "good" Warframes such as Ash or Oberon probably suffer there.

I really get the feeling adding an innate +200% (or straight x2) free range to all Warframes while in Open Worlds wouldn't hurt a lot of content, but that may unlock other possibilities when doing bounties, Eidolons or Giant Spiderz.

I used Mag quite a lot on Fortuna, but most of 3 and 4 end up not hitting any target, so she becomes a Bubble spammer. Sometimes Pull can be used as it has quite a big range (maybe the highest for any Warframe's spell ?), but that's it.

What do you Tenno colleagues think ?

Edited by Chewarette

I wouldn't mind this, and affinity range getting an improvement in open world. And I mean as a baseline. In over 1500 hours, who knows how much of that was after PoE, I haven't seen ANYONE use a flare.

Sure, the only frames that would really need it are Trinity and Harrow, but even when I still ran Eidolons no-one ever used them. Flat improvement to both types of range and adjust flares accordingly in my opinion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

I wouldn't mind this, and affinity range getting an improvement in open world. And I mean as a baseline. In over 1500 hours, who knows how much of that was after PoE, I haven't seen ANYONE use a flare.

Sure, the only frames that would really need it are Trinity and Harrow, but even when I still ran Eidolons no-one ever used them. Flat improvement to both types of range and adjust flares accordingly in my opinion.

Indeed, didn't think about Affinity Range but it's the same mess here. They even acknowledged the problem with Railjack, with the unlimited Affinity Range...

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Jokie155:

The flares are antoher bandaid sadly instead of fixing the problem in itself, isntead we got a crafting item and get it sold as a new feature, yet already abandoned and useless due one simpel thing, reward vs effort, why build this if i only use it very niche like Eidolons as you mentioned, instead of increasing it overall in such maps, they clearly can to such with Railjack sharing drops as example, same goes there tho with a vacuum for railjack and archwing or a Railjack update to send out drones for loot, anything? Maybe? Please DE?

I find open world archwing using 10x less range is also a bit confusing. Yes sure archwing missions are scaled down and DE doesn’t want us to blink 1200 meters in 1 go in open worlds. But why abilities? If they kept the range archwing will be a lot more viable in open world combat and could spawn in new playstyles. 

I don’t know about warframes tho because that could raise complains where “this frame is only useful in open worlds because of the huge ability range”.

10 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I don’t know about warframes tho because that could raise complains where “this frame is only useful in open worlds because of the huge ability range”.

Better this than "This frame is totally useless everywhere, period". :tongue:

Control Warframes could be a lot useful against Profit Taker for example. But with 40m max range, you'd be nearly entirely useless. So you bring Chroma and Inaros, as for all the other bosses. Warframes which already struggle in regular content also struggle in Open Worlds. If that buff can allow them to be used at least in Open World, I think that would be a win. Even if that comes at the cost of one or two Warframes being completely OP (does Range affect Mesa's max distance for targetting through Peacemaker ? I don't know ; or Mag's pull reaching 200m 😄 ).

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say no to more range on affinity and abilities on open worlds, actually I wouldn't say no to a general increase of range on affinity for all maps, although you could also argue that affinity in general needs a bit of a rework when you consider how you're actually better off not killing enemies than you are being the one killing enemies. 

I also wouldn't say no to 'group pickups' being expanded from railjack to open worlds either (actually I'd just like all loot to auto collected at the end of any mission rather than needing to pick it all up or run a vacuum... just leave energy/health orbs to collect)

Gerade eben schrieb Chewarette:

Better this than "This frame is totally useless everywhere, period". :tongue:

Control Warframes could be a lot useful against Profit Taker for example. But with 40m max range, you'd be nearly entirely useless. So you bring Chroma and Inaros, as for all the other bosses. Warframes which already struggle in regular content also struggle in Open Worlds. If that buff can allow them to be used at least in Open World, I think that would be a win. Even if that comes at the cost of one or two Warframes being completely OP (does Range affect Mesa's max distance for targetting through Peacemaker ? I don't know)

I still would wish every fraem would be adjusted to such fights, imagine Nyx able to take over a leg or limb on eidolon, smashing its own face, Frost freezing it on the ground so it can't move, Limbo slowing its movment and debuff it. I really wish CC frames in particualr could make a difference instead of RAWR DPS, most of the latest problems with Warframe, even Railjack only goes damge, weapons and damage that slows is useless.

57 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

Flares are just underrated by the community.

They are very useful in leveling sessions and they also stack (your affinity range can cover the whole map, as in, 3,000+ meters affinity range). I used them all the time when I was leveling something in a survival or void fissures. They are also great in AW missions, when teammates keep pushing enemies farther and farther from the defense objective, or in whatever AW mission you decide to play.