The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The old Console vs PC arguments

46 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

G900 here, I find the 600 way too ugly

I never used an Orbweaver before, is it good?

G600 is one of the only mice that has anough buttons for me. It's definitely ugly but it supports my chunky hands better than any others I've used. 

The Orbweaver is better than I expected. When I first got into PC gaming about 8 years ago I used a Logitech G13 because I was almost completely unskilled with keyboard use. I loved it because it let me move with a stick, like a controller. But the thumbpad is tiny and uncomfortable with a huge dead zone and the keys are mushier than overmixed mashed potatoes. 

The orbweaver has 2 major advantages over the G13. 

1. Mechanical switches, even though they're kailh knockoff bullS#&$.

2. A large, comfy concave thumbpad which responds much faster since it uses 8 individual clicky mechanical switches.

So far I like it a lot in terms of comfort and usability(and I got it for almost half price), but Razers custom orderred "Green" switches (Which are actually just an inferior knockoff of Cherry blues but with the actuation point moved up a tiny bit) are certainly not known for their durability. Kailh claims to have better engineering consistency than the German company they're plagiarizing, but we all know that's a lie. I do not expect this to last as long as the cherry browns on my keyboard, but it'a still preferable to the G13.

Edited by Brynslustafir

Gameplay wise, graphically, frames per second i don't notice a huge difference.

It depends on how beefy your pc and interwebs connection is though.

The major differences are things like the plat market, how the coupon works, console misses out on some skins, and we get tennogen way slower.

I need to use controllers not key and mouse.  Presently i am uding a xbox one controler on pc. So naturally it feels differently then my ps4.  And no matter how much i tinker with the settings.  Precision aiming is a pain on pc.

Either stuffs too touchy or sticking and not fluent.

I am not putting much time into pc warframe. My ps4 account has judt about everything.

On 2020-04-21 at 9:45 PM, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

How smoothly can a PC player transition to an Xbox controller or visa versa?

I will chose to answer this one.  I use an Xbox One Elite controller with chatpad attached as well as my KB/mouse to while playing on PC.  I use the Stand-alone client because I don't like how Steam Client changes the way my controller works in Warframe.  

That said, I'm able to easily switch between the two input types at a moments notice without any problems at all.  Even using combo of the two at the same time.  

There are somethings that KB/mouse can do that controllers can't while there are some that controllers can do that Kb/mouse can't.  Walking and having smoother scrolling of view with controller being 2.  While the KB/mouse allow for almost instant accurate targeting and use of hotkeys.  Hehe, the last one being one being available to the chatpad also.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2020-04-21 at 10:45 PM, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Are there things PC tenno can do which Xbox tenno cannot do? Easier modding, better squad organisation and communication, more complicated wall-running for example? 

How smoothly can a PC player transition to an Xbox controller or visa versa?

Let's take Old Blood, Railjack and Scarlet Spear's entry to the console... how much of it is unique to the Consoles? Do the animations and loading times get better or worse or stay the same?

I personally tried playing with keyboard/mouse, but much prefer to use my gamepad. I've noticed there are some commands and things (notably for the Railjack) that simply aren't available via the controller (like fast map teleporting), and there are times where the mouse targeting is a lot smoother than fiddling with the joysticks.

My only gripe trying to play on PS4 is the framerate was horrible compared to my PC video card. It's hard to beat being able to upgrade components.

• Like 1