Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guen, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒖𝒗𝒂 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆 🌶️ (Mutalist Frame #1) [𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔𝗥𝗧!]

(XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes

I like the passive abilities concepts, and kuva frame is a fresh idea for sure. That self-heal though, it's good it has invincibility factor because otherwise it'd be just a cheap copy of Magus Repair that only applies on yourself, not something anyone who's accustomed to using Magus Repair already would use I think. I'd be glad of more healing and support things in game for sure, as long as they're worth using. That's my main beef with any ability usually.

The 4th ability seems like a nice concept too, something I can get behind, especially if you made it so that you'd get more health with her 3rd ability from surrounding enemies. That way it'd be fine if you didn't kill them all with your 4th in one go. Just a thought.

On 2020-09-10 at 12:41 PM, SolitaryMan7 said:

I like the passive abilities concepts, and kuva frame is a fresh idea for sure. That self-heal though, it's good it has invincibility factor because otherwise it'd be just a cheap copy of Magus Repair that only applies on yourself, not something anyone who's accustomed to using Magus Repair already would use I think. I'd be glad of more healing and support things in game for sure, as long as they're worth using. That's my main beef with any ability usually.

The 4th ability seems like a nice concept too, something I can get behind, especially if you made it so that you'd get more health with her 3rd ability from surrounding enemies. That way it'd be fine if you didn't kill them all with your 4th in one go. Just a thought.

Yeah, I see what you mean about her healing ability being similar to Magus Repair, but the graze period isn't the only thing that sets it apart. Guen's Health siphon can heal allies too, and on top of that, it can grant both Guen and her allies with overhealth. For those reasons, I think that even some people who have gotten used to using Magus Repair would rather use Guen's Health siphon. Or at least they would use Magus Repair first, then once Guen's health bar is full use her Health Siphon for the overhealth.

I'm glad you like Guen's 4th ability, I didn't think people would to be honest with you. I've heard that abilities that do damage exclusively tend to be overpowered in low level missions and completely useless in higher level ones. I have been trying to think of a replacement 4th ability for that reason.

As for the "get more health from surrounding enemies idea", I just don't think it's necessary. I mean Guen already has a LOT going on, and a lot of it, when used properly, has the potential to be truly game breaking, I don't think she needs any more healing bonuses on top of what she already has. Plus it would kind of break the logic a bit. Thanks for the idea though, the more ideas the better!

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone help me brainstorm some augment mod ideas for Guen's "Cumulus Kuva" ability? I could really use the help.

I'm also trying to come up with an augment for "Self Destruction", but I think that one is going to be a bit tricky. If you want to take a crack at it anyway though be my guest.

Let me know what you guys come up with, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I think this is it. Guen is officially complete (Other than 2 of her augments, but I guess I'll just leave that to DE).

I will continue to check in from time to time just in case someone posts a new comment on this thread, but if you do want to post a comment I would suggest sooner rather than later, because if this thread goes without a reply for 2 months it will get archived forever.

I may also update the original post from time to time as more information about Kuva gets released, but updates like those will not happen often.

Thanks for all of your support! Fingers crossed Guen gets in the game some day! 😁🤞

On 2020-10-17 at 6:15 PM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Ok, I think this is it. Guen is officially complete (Other than 2 of her augments, but I guess I'll just leave that to DE).

I will continue to check in from time to time just in case someone posts a new comment on this thread, but if you do want to post a comment I would suggest sooner rather than later, because if this thread goes without a reply for 2 months it will get archived forever.

Thanks for all of your support! Fingers crossed Guen gets in the game some day! 😁🤞

I Hope that day arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like your idea here and love the concept art you were given! I have these suggestions for Guen's missing Augment Mods:

Dire Cumulus, Dire Mist, etc. (Cumulus Kuva Augment) : (Good luck DE fitting the description for this all on one mod card, haha!)

Can only cast one Cumulus Kuva cloud at a time now. Energy cost increased to 50 energy on use. Initial 3% health cost removed. Cloud now gravitates towards and stays on the strongest enemy in range. Dire Cumulus now inflicts a status proc EVERY SECOND on all enemies in its radius. 1% Guen health cost per status pulse that affects any enemy (not per each proc on enemy), up to a maximum of 10% health cost.

If the ability is recast, all status procs on enemies caused by the cloud are removed, and the cloud swiftly returns to Guen, granting her 1% (this number increases with Power Strength) bonus elemental damage (same damage type as the procs inflicted) to all weapons for each status proc removed from enemies, up to a maximum of 25% (or 50%?) bonus damage (maximum increased by Power Strength). If the ability is not recast then the status procs will remain as normal.

River of Blood, Blood Wake, etc. (Self Destruction Augment): (By the way, I highly suggest you change this ability's name to something like "Reprisal", as in, an act of retaliation, or something referencing some type of mass punishment a queen would give to disloyal subjects.)

Enemies killed by Self Destruction will now create a Kuva Puddle where they died (that lasts X amount of seconds, probably shorter duration than Flood kuva puddles, duration increased by Duration mods). (The idea here is to make it look like the enemies are lying in a pool of their own blood when they die!)

Thank you for reading my suggestions, please feel free everyone to expand upon these. I really hope DE accepts your Warframe Concept!

9 minutes ago, Novashank said:

I really like your idea here and love the concept art you were given! I have these suggestions for Guen's missing Augment Mods:

Dire Cumulus, Dire Mist, etc. (Cumulus Kuva Augment) :

Can only cast one Cumulus Kuva cloud at a time now. Energy cost increased to 50 energy on use. Cloud now gravitates towards and stays on the strongest enemy in range. Dire Cumulus now inflicts a status proc EVERY SECOND on all enemies in its radius. 1% Guen health cost per status pulse that affects any enemy (not per each proc on enemy).

If the ability is recast, all status procs on enemies caused by the cloud are removed, and the cloud quickly returns to Guen, granting her 1% (this number increases with Power Strength) bonus elemental damage for each status proc removed from enemies, up to a maximum of 25% (or 50%?) bonus damage (maximum increased by Power Strength). If the ability is not recast then the status procs will remain as normal.

River of Blood, Blood Wake, etc. (Self Destruction Augment): (By the way, I highly suggest you change this ability's name to something like "Reprisal", as in, an act of retaliation.)

Enemies killed by Self Destruction will now create a Kuva Puddle where they died (that lasts X amount of seconds, probably shorter duration than Flood kuva puddles, duration increased by Duration mods).

Thank you for reading my suggestions, please feel free everyone to expand upon these. I really hope DE accepts your Warframe Concept!

Thank you so much for these ideas, they are really good. And the names you came up with are really good too. Like "Reprisal", I have looked for a good name for that ability many times, but this is the first that I think truly captures it.

I was actually just about to work on the original post so that Guen's design fits better with her new art, but I might work on implementing these ideas first. Thanks again!

You're so welcome! I'm glad you like my suggestions and I'm happy to help! By the way, one other suggestion on something I noticed here:

"If you create a Kuva Lich using Guen, then the corresponding Kuva weapon will have a little bit of every type of bonus damage."

^This might be a problem. This might be too overpowered for reasons such as, people would probably exploit this for Condition Overload melee builds. I think that as a Progenitor she should only grant the Kuva Weapon the same damage type bonus as she herself possesses at the time of killing the Kuva Larva. Just a thought, and thank you again for approving my feedback from before!

1 minute ago, Novashank said:

You're so welcome! I'm glad you like my suggestions and I'm happy to help! By the way, one other suggestion on something I noticed here:

"If you create a Kuva Lich using Guen, then the corresponding Kuva weapon will have a little bit of every type of bonus damage."

^This might be a problem. This might be too overpowered for reasons such as, people would probably exploit this for Condition Overload melee builds. I think that as a Progenitor she should only grant the Kuva Weapon the same damage type bonus as she herself possesses at the time of killing the Kuva Larva. Just a thought, thank you again for approving my feedback from before!

You're right, I completely forgot about the kuva melee weapon, that would be over powered. I would normally just change it so that her current status effect is the one that transfers to the lich, but the problem with that is, what if she has no status effect at the time? If someone has not preformed valence fusion on Guen yet, then she won't have any. You're right though, it needs a change, I'll try to think of something.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes said:

You're right, I completely forgot about the kuva melee weapon, that would be over powered. I would normally just change it so that her current status effect is the one that transfers to the lich, but the problem with that is, what if she has no status effect at the time? If someone has not preformed valence fusion on Guen yet, then she won't have any. You're right though, it needs a change, I'll try to think of something.

I think I just thought of something. You know how for some reason Impact damage is one of the types a Kuva weapon can have? Maybe that should be her default that she has right away, since that's the most generic damage type.

Just now, Novashank said:

I think I just thought of something. You know how for some reason Impact damage is one of the types a Kuva weapon can have? Maybe that should be her default that she has right away, since that's the most generic damage type.

I was actually thinking about that too. At first I didn't love it, but now I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing.

If you think of any other potential improvements be sure to let me know.

Will do, Mentor! I just noticed the credits you gave me in the abilities section, thank you! It feels pretty cool to brainstorm on this with you! I look forward to other people making cool suggestions, I really do think DE needs to implement your idea.

I have one more set of ideas for Guen I mulled over. These might also be important (No hurt feelings if you say no to these, which is understandable, since it might sound like completely restarting on Guen's concept lol):

I think Guen might need a more unique role to fulfill. Her main unique feature right now as far as I can tell is being able to change her elemental type using valence fusion. My concern is that there are already Warframes like Chroma and now Lavos who can change their elemental type much more readily. 

Maybe she can be more unique to the individual player, as in, she can be a customizable Warframe, similar to a Zaw or Kitgun. Maybe we could buy some Infested components from Son on Deimos like we can for the Infested Companions to add some more flavor to the Mutalist and Helminth strains that make her up and affect her base statsIf you did go that route with her, then it'd be cool if instead of infusing her with the Lich's weapon, you could infuse Guen with the Lich itself and give her its damage type, (unique armor set too maybe, since each Lich has one?), and maybe also it's gender-personality (female-logical/male-jovial) since Guen doesn't have a personality, plus this would mean you get to choose her gender (which would call for male variants of the base and deluxe skins and might make this too complicated).

Of course, these ideas would require you to completely redo her concept and lore, but they might be worth some consideration. Thanks again for reading them, Mentor! (Haha this post took me a lot of revising to make short and sweet!)

6 hours ago, Novashank said:

I have one more set of ideas for Guen I mulled over. These might also be important (No hurt feelings if you say no to these, which is understandable, since it might sound like completely restarting on Guen's concept lol):

I think Guen might need a more unique role to fulfill. Her main unique feature right now as far as I can tell is being able to change her elemental type using valence fusion. My concern is that there are already Warframes like Chroma and now Lavos who can change their elemental type much more readily. 

Maybe she can be more unique to the individual player, as in, she can be a customizable Warframe, similar to a Zaw or Kitgun. Maybe we could buy some Infested components from Son on Deimos like we can for the Infested Companions to add some more flavor to the Mutalist and Helminth strains that make her up and affect her base statsIf you did go that route with her, then it'd be cool if instead of infusing her with the Lich's weapon, you could infuse Guen with the Lich itself and give her its gender, (unique armor set too maybe, since each Lich has one?), damage type, and maybe also it's personality (female-logical/male-jovial) since Guen doesn't have one.

Of course, these ideas would require you to completely redo her concept and lore, but they might be worth some consideration. Thanks again for reading them, Mentor! (Haha this post took me a lot of revising to make short and sweet!)

Yeah, I don't think this would work for Guen. The zaw style warframe has been suggested many times, and DE does not seem very interested in actually using that idea, also it has nothing to do with kuva, blood, or health manipulation.

Also, Guen has many unique qualities actually, valence fusion is hardly her most unique or useful feature. I would say overhealth is probably more unique and useful than her valence fusion feature. And there are many other details in both her abilities and lore that are not seen anywhere else in the game. So I don't think Guen is lacking in that regard.

Thanks for the feedback though! I welcome any and all ideas.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived