Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the rank 30 frame requirement necessary when soloing Sorties or ESO?

Vicidomini

As the title states: Is the rank 30 frame requirement necessary when soloing Sorties or ESO?

Asking the question cause the rank of my Warframe generally does not affect the difficulty level of Sorties and ESO when I'm soloing. Certainly, having the rank requirement when going as a team makes a bit of sense, as some people just aren't prepared enough, but I'm going solo and totally not affecting other people. Admittedly, I don't really run into this problem much being mastery rank 28 and having everything leveled up. It's just that annoying thing that happens once in a blue moon where I just coincidentally forma my Warframe and forget there's a rank requirement. - -||

It would be nice not to have such a requirement when soloing at least. 

Additions:

@Deeceem pointed out how this could extend to non-public missions

@--Brandt-- also noted this requirement on Arbitration and how it would be a fun leveling alternative

Edits:

limit > requirement, thanks for the suggestion @NoLife

Edited by Vicidomini
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I'd even expand that to non-public premades.

Actually, yeah, that makes sense. Since it's only really during public games where you will affect other people negatively. I mostly play everything solo, so it didn't really occur to me.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind getting rid of this for solo or premade groups also. I would even suggest extending it to Arbitration. Sometimes I forma a frame because the buff frame seems fun and wish I could level it in a survival arbitration. 

• Like 1

As a possible compromise even for non-solo, I'd suggest making the absolute lower limit Rank 10, but to raise that floor based on some simple heuristics of what can be expected of that player's specific frame by virtue of mod capacity.

- Rank 10 ensures the full ability toolkit of the Frame is available (more or less, since 'cycle' abilities tend to unlock their subsets at later ranks)

- Low MR raises the required rank (enforcing a Capacity expectation of the Frame which the high-MR capacity baseline makes available sooner)

- Reactors and Forma investments reduce the required rank (further nuance for Capacity expectations, ensures a mastered then Forma'd frame is still usable before full re-maxing)

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

As a possible compromise even for non-solo, I'd suggest making the absolute lower limit Rank 10, but to raise that floor based on some simple heuristics of what can be expected of that player's specific frame by virtue of mod capacity.

- Rank 10 ensures the full ability toolkit of the Frame is available (more or less, since 'cycle' abilities tend to unlock their subsets at later ranks)

- Low MR raises the required rank (enforcing a Capacity expectation of the Frame which the high-MR capacity baseline makes available sooner)

- Reactors and Forma investments reduce the required rank (further nuance for Capacity expectations, ensures a mastered then Forma'd frame is still usable before full re-maxing)

While I considered suggesting some sort of system, I figured it would be simpler for DE to disable the requirements for the non-public games. I do believe there are better ways than the level 30 restriction, but building another system would take quite a lot longer to get done, especially with everything else they're trying to work on.