Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Daily Tribute Dilemma

DorkulusDaddum

41 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Then a 3 day booster will be transformed into ~6 hours of log-in time for that price.

Let me be honest... I'd take that deal in a Heartbeat !!! Hell... make it 2 hours for that trade off. The piece of mind you get from not wasting and not feeling like you have to play is well worth it. :) But I can only speak for myself. Those with more free time may want boosters to stay the way they are.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Let me be honest... I'd take that deal in a Heartbeat !!! Hell... make it 2 hours for that trade off. The piece of mind you get from not wasting and not feeling like you have to play is well worth it. 🙂 But I can only speak for myself. Those with more free time may want boosters to stay the way they are.

Except then you have that subset of people would then complain you cant sit there and chat, and then the added time wasted looking for groups as time ticks away, then people would want boosters only activated for X amount of missions instead (I think china warframe did this). And I doubt they would want to support 3+ different booster models. It would be nice to have all the options though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Except then you have that subset of people would then complain you cant sit there and chat, and then the added time wasted looking for groups as time ticks away, then people would want boosters only activated for X amount of missions instead (I think china warframe did this). And I doubt they would want to support 3+ different booster models. It would be nice to have all the options though.

I mean that can be fixed by having the booster tick down only via the in game mission Timer. I mean... is it fair to ask for that ? To trade 72 actual Hours for just 2 Mission Hours ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean that can be fixed by having the booster tick down only via the in game mission Timer. I mean... is it fair to ask for that ? To trade 72 actual Hours for just 2 Mission Hours ?

I think that depends on the environment DE wants to live with. Like time required to run railjack missions are longer than standard missions by mechanics. People are less likely to run longer missions during such a booster unless required for like a event or reward with that booster. When what you do in a session is scrutinized to such an extent. It may in turn harm DE with any content that takes longer than ~x minutes. We can't analyze their metrics but its a mighty big swing in value to a player.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I think that depends on the environment DE wants to live with. Like time required to run railjack missions are longer than standard missions by mechanics. People are less likely to run longer missions during such a booster unless required for like a event or reward with that booster. When what you do in a session is scrutinized to such an extent. It may in turn harm DE with any content that takes longer than ~x minutes. We can't analyze their metrics but its a mighty big swing in value to a player.

I fail to see how this is relevant. Whether a certain type of mission takes longer or not, you'd still get 100% time usage efficiency in the hypothetical play-time based booster. If I get a resource booster and I want Titanium, I'm going to play Railjack independent of the system in use. Except in this hypothetical system, I'm not throwing away most of the booster living my life.

Speaking of which, my 3 day credit booster from Baro will expire while I'm at work tomorrow! Hooray!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

I fail to see how this is relevant. Whether a certain type of mission takes longer or not, you'd still get 100% time usage efficiency in the hypothetical 

You are a single data point. DE has to account for the majority who also have their own thoughts. Perception and feel is just as important to the consumer as the math behind these decisions.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

You are a single data point. DE has to account for the majority who also have their own thoughts. Perception and feel is just as important to the consumer as the math behind these decisions.

Everyone sleeps... that's booster time gone that you're not using right there.

In your defense, and perhaps what you were trying to say and I didn't understand, is that in the hypothetical system, players might actually feel even more pressured to spend the booster only on specific missions. For example, I have this 3 day credit booster which I have spent only a fraction of my play time in Index (because Index is not fun!). If instead I have this more efficient hypothetical booster, I may feel like running Sortie instead of Index is actually wasting the booster (running the Sortie would deduct time from the booster). I would imagine any such scaling for the hypothetical system account for mission diversity seen in the current system.

Only difference is, if I get a 3 day booster (or whatever scaled down version it is) from Baro in the hypothetical system and I have a family or work emergency... well, I'll still have that booster a week later. In this system we have now, it's simply wasted. I think the current system is bad for players and it may well have been designed that way to try to get players even more engaged in the booster time span.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nslay said:

I fail to see how this is relevant. Whether a certain type of mission takes longer or not, you'd still get 100% time usage efficiency in the hypothetical play-time based booster. If I get a resource booster and I want Titanium, I'm going to play Railjack independent of the system in use. Except in this hypothetical system, I'm not throwing away most of the booster living my life.

Speaking of which, my 3 day credit booster from Baro will expire while I'm at work tomorrow! Hooray!

i can forsee people raging over how long certain missions take if boosters were based on mission time. Its really not worth it. The current system is the best.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nslay said:

...For example, I have this 3 day credit booster which I have spent only a fraction of my play time in Index (because Index is not fun!)....

You know whats Hilarious about Index... even though it isn't fun... atleast when I jump in that mode I know Exactly where I'l be getting my energy from. Its built directly into the mode in usable fashion. I just wanted to say how much I like that, because I don't get that any where else.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i can forsee people raging over how long certain missions take if boosters were based on mission time. Its really not worth it. The current system is the best.

I can forsee DE actually changing mission times specifically to cause this sort of Reaction in the community. Is it stupid ? sure... but at this point would we be surprised if thats what they did ? I know I wouldn't.

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You know whats Hilarious about Index... even though it isn't fun... atleast when I jump in that mode I know Exactly where I'l be getting my energy from. Its built directly into the mode in usable fashion. I just wanted to say how much I like that, because I don't get that any where else.

Ha, funny you should mention Energy... I've just mastered ESO with Khora using Naramon. Guess where I get my Energy? Equilibrium... With a Venari and a Helios both slotted with Synth Deconstruct/Synth Fiber, you can actually pull this off for 8 rounds while using Whipclaw (an ability) for efficient killiing. Even for the cheating Grineer tiles (the Europa MC Escher tile!) where the Grineer never drop energy orbs for an entire round. Exploit Health Conversion on top of this and complement it with Rakta Dark Dagger... that turns out to be pretty tanky. The dagger gives shields helping prevent you from losing Health Conversion stacks.

No but seriously, and on topic, for the shorter boosters like 30 minute boosters from rare containers... those I particularly I do wish would were play time based.

20 minutes ago, nslay said:

Ha, funny you should mention Energy... I've just mastered ESO with Khora using Naramon. Guess where I get my Energy? Equilibrium... With a Venari and a Helios both slotted with Synth Deconstruct/Synth Fiber, you can actually pull this off for 8 rounds while using Whipclaw (an ability) for efficient killiing. 

Wait wait wait....  So They Synth Mod Set working on Kavats/Kubrows is not a bug ?

I posted about this a long time in both the Bug/Feedback Board but no one ever got back to me. I really wanted to Slap more forma on my Kitty just for that purpose but was too afraid it was going to get nerfed, speaking of which... I don't think I left her any water out before I left... I wonder if shes still alive.

I-has-thirst.jpg

27 minutes ago, nslay said:

Even for the cheating Grineer tiles (the Europa MC Escher tile!) where the Grineer never drop energy orbs for an entire round. Exploit Health Conversion on top of this and complement it with Rakta Dark Dagger... that turns out to be pretty tanky. The dagger gives shields helping prevent you from losing Health Conversion stacks.

Wow... everyone's been talking about that Dagger Alot since Shield Gating became a thing ( I remember it getting notable mentions when Hildryn was released). I had some methods of using it involving the Zakti (Tenno Dart Gun that opens enemies to finnishers), but it was impractical for Harrow in some missions.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Wait wait wait....  So They Synth Mod Set working on Kavats/Kubrows is not a bug ?

No, it was bugged because it wasn't working correctly before. See here:

Search for Venari or Synth Fiber. So yes... DE intends a sentinel set to work on Kavats.

• Like 1

I'm honestly quite surprised the way WF boosters work. The whole thing that they arent consumables is really odd. Several other games I've played have had boosters that are consumables and their countdown stops when you are in non-active content of the game. And that is also in F2P games, with boosters being obtainable for free aswell with less RNG involved.

En 25/4/2020 a las 21:45, RamRaid dijo:

And i'm tired of "I don't need this, so nobody else needs it" attitude.

Being married with a job and children isn't a "personal trouble" it's a fact of life.

I have a certain time I can relax and just play, It happens to intercept the server reset.

There is no way to skip it, or just exit and not claim it at that time.

So the suggestion is that, I should just play all night and ignore my job and kids the day after?

Maybe instead of offering boosters scaling stupidly high with tribute continuance, they should just offer them as a free market purchase for so many hours after the claim. Does that seem so hard in order to prevent stacking?

Sorry sr .... right now we solver this so the game can adapt to your life ! ...... No . Learn how online games work . 99% of the player dont have a problem with it , you have a problem with it ? .... its YOUR problem , not a game problem .

Then you are gonna have people asking to the ability to "pause" a boost because they can play more than "x" amount of time per day because they have "a children and a job" . If you have a job buy the dam boost and stop ranting about free stuff pal .

14 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Sorry sr .... right now we solver this so the game can adapt to your life ! ...... No . Learn how online games work . 99% of the player dont have a problem with it , you have a problem with it ? .... its YOUR problem , not a game problem .

Then you are gonna have people asking to the ability to "pause" a boost because they can play more than "x" amount of time per day because they have "a children and a job" . If you have a job buy the dam boost and stop ranting about free stuff pal .

It's surprising how much aversion people have (to the point of attempting to insult)  to a change that literally benefits every single player, not just a certain market.

There is no downside to this change for you, only an upside, so why care so much?

Why have something that benefits 99% when it could benefit 100% and have no downsides for anyone?

Absolutely baffling.

And before it is said, I don't care about the being only active when i'm in game, I just want to be able to activate them when I have time to at least use some of it.

It has no detrimental effects, so shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

As an example you log in:

"Daily Tribute: Credit booster: 5 hours Token"

*Game generates a player specific booster in the market, available for 24 hours*

Me: "Cool, i'll use that when I get back from work tomorrow"

You: "Cool, I'll take that now"

Where is this downside you're vehemently defending?

Edited by RamRaid
  • Like 1

hace 1 hora, RamRaid dijo:

It's surprising how much aversion people have (to the point of attempting to insult)  to a change that literally benefits every single player, not just a certain market.

There is no downside to this change for you, only an upside, so why care so much?

Why have something that benefits 99% when it could benefit 100% and have no downsides for anyone?

Absolutely baffling.

And before it is said, I don't care about the being only active when i'm in game, I just want to be able to activate them when I have time to at least use some of it.

It has no detrimental effects, so shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

As an example you log in:

"Daily Tribute: Credit booster: 5 hours Token"

*Game generates a player specific booster in the market, available for 24 hours*

Me: "Cool, i'll use that when I get back from work tomorrow"

You: "Cool, I'll take that now"

Where is this downside you're vehemently defending?

The downside its people feeling enttitled to get whatever stupidity they want . If they do this , then other players are gonna start crying for DE to adapt thing to their convinience . Saddly you have people like you that only made their "opinion" based in "what i gain" . My opinion its based on reason and common sense , not in "what i lose or what i gain" .

People already gave you a solution ... if you cant play at "x" hour , dont log at "x" hour . Its your problem , not a problem of the game .