Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Lua mission is literally RNG

Countess_Hapmuhr

Just now, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

There simply isn't enough time to hack all the vaults, which means that even if you do an absolutely perfect dive into the bypass tunnel, you're still going to lose if RNG decides it's the last vault.

The fix is simple, either extend the timer or reduce the number of console options. 

Here's a tip that may help: When you start hacking a console, if it's the right one, the rescue target will talk to you. If it's the wrong one, he won't. So, if you start hacking and you don't hear him, cancel and go to the next.

• Like 2

Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

Here's a tip that may help: When you start hacking a console, if it's the right one, the rescue target will talk to you. If it's the wrong one, he won't. So, if you start hacking and you don't hear him, cancel and go to the next.

I'd love that if it was a thing, but most of the time I don't get a notification from the hostage.

Gerade eben schrieb -TSA-warramssie:

its a thing and take that hacking Moa with you for a free first hack after the tunnel passage...

As good that sounds but i fear it can screw it up also, since all consoels stay hackable afterwards, so it might hack the same or ones you had already.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marine027:

As good that sounds but i fear it can screw it up also, since all consoels stay hackable afterwards, so it might hack the same or ones you had already.

it hacks one time and then goes into cooldown...never ever did it hack twice on LUA rescue sortie - there is simply no time

and useful maybe on other tilesets  this MOA does what the old operator did - it opens security doors with you as first together 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb -TSA-warramssie:

it hacks one time and then goes into cooldown...never ever did it hack twice on LUA rescue sortie - there is simply no time

and useful maybe on other tilesets  this MOA does what the old operator did - it opens security doors with you as first together 

True then, then its useufl, if it not dies anywhere that is, since pet AI is often very dumb sadly. They atleast need higher resistance with tehre behavior, the link mods not cut it.

40 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

if it's the right one, the rescue target will talk to you. If it's the wrong one, he won't.

I have never experienced that, including that buggy period some years ago when the hostage would instantly be rescued the moment we opened the door.  You always needed to finish a hack, THEN you'd hear the operator's voice call out right away if it's the right door. "Hey I'm in here!" or something like that.

1) If you struggle with this, you're supposed to bring your Liset with you and use its air support charge to buy yourself extra time.

2) And if you haven't gotten it now, I strongly suggest getting this:

latest?cb=20191101055918

Don't let that 30% fool you, it triggers a decent enough times. You can farm it from Tier 3 spy missions.

I'm not a fan of the MOA, its pathing AI is not that good, taking too long to hack.

This rescue sortie is a challenge for speed runners & speed hackers.  Those who can, will get into that room and hack all 6 consoles if it's the last one with ease.

1 hour ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

I'd love that if it was a thing, but most of the time I don't get a notification from the hostage.

Check if you have `Transmission` volume up. If it's 0% or something lowish, you won't hear the rescue target. I usually have it off, but for Lua rescue I crank it up to 100%.

Edited by 60framespersecond
typo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

It is not a notification, but just a spoken line, like the ones Grineer shout at you. And it is still in the game.