Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punch through on spear gun primaries

(PSN)i7081277

I have a riven for my scourge and it has + 3.1 punch through. When I throw my scourge it literally goes through whatever floor or walls it touches which makes it pretty much unusable.

Please remove punch through from spear gun throwing attacks. 

• Like 2

Reroll simply, not all mods fit for such weapons, you eather use punch trough and not trow it or not use punch trough and use it without it.

Same goes for lets say multishot on trowing secondarys like the Castanas which fly everywhere or the Angstrum shooting on the ground.

Not all mods fit always, simply for certain playstyles with a weapon.

Edited by Marine027
Typo
  • Like 1

Multi-Shot doesn't benefit the Throw either, Et Cetera. there's stuff that doesn't work on things in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Punch-Through isn't a good Stat on Scourge at all anyways. it doesn't benefit the Primary Attack in any significant way either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

Multi-Shot doesn't benefit the Throw either, Et Cetera. there's stuff that doesn't work on things in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And that's good, AFAIC.  But there's better and worse ways to do it.  Compare these two:

A.   a weapon derives limited or no benefit from a stat.

B.   a weapon malfunctions to some extent because of a stat.

"A" promotes variation in weapon builds.  Even in the same multi-mode weapon, if one mode benefits from a stat and the other doesn't. 

"B" brings nothing positive  to the table that "A" doesn't, while disrupting some of the functionality of the weapon itself.

If punch through was just disabled in speargun throw mode, we'd have situation A.    Far better for a stat to be disabled in a firing mode than for a mode to be disabled because of a stat.

37 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

And that's good, AFAIC.  But there's better and worse ways to do it.  Compare these two:

wasn't making a comment on whether it's good or not, just that it's business as usual for some things to be poorly suited for some Equipment via the way they work.
(or just doing nothing)

Punch-Through is harmful for the Primary Fire of Scourge and Javlok too - only Ferrox's Primary Fire would appreciate it, though it already has some innately anyways.
the only way around that for Spearguns would be.... disabling Punch-Through from functioning at all?

• Like 1