Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lanka good outside POE?

oreom

Question

Is Lanka good for anything outside Eidolon hunts?

I finished building Rubico Prime which I enjoy as a weapon. I also got a Lanka Riven so in theory I could roll it and turn Lanka into an all around better option. Is it possible to use Lanka as the "daily" sniper rifle?

11 answers to this question

IMO Yes. Though not as good as others in some regards (mag size etc) The Lanka has an incredibly high potential in critical OR Raw Damage. For example, Mag's Magnetize will absorb the Lanka's Projectile causing it to ricochet around inside the bubble dealing massive damage. My Lanka build not for critical chance or damage is around 20-25k damage? with Multishot as well.

Just now, Nicaris said:

Mag's Magnetize will absorb the Lanka's Projectile causing it to ricochet around inside the bubble dealing massive damage

It can 1shot almost any boss that can be affected by Magnetize

Yeah, the Lanka is a very good weapon for dealing damage to high-priority targets. It's one of my main weapons on Mag due to its synergy with Magnetize, but even on other frames, it hits very hard. I used it a ton in Scarlet Spear for Condrix killing. A good Lanka build will kill most non-sentient enemies in one hit. Of course, it is a projectile weapon with a charge time, so its damage is balanced out a bit by the inconvenience of using it.

It also works well with Heavy Caliber when scoped in, if you want to build it up for raw damage/crit for things like Venom Dose builds.

Edited by freeformline
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, freeformline said:

Yeah, the Lanka is a very good weapon for dealing damage to high-priority targets. It's one of my main weapons on Mag due to its synergy with Magnetize, but even on other frames, it hits very hard. I used it a ton in Scarlet Spear for Condrix killing. A good Lanka build will kill most non-sentient enemies in one hit. Of course, it is a projectile weapon with a charge time, so its damage is balanced out a bit by the inconvenience of using it.

It also works well with Heavy Caliber when scoped in, if you want to build it up for raw damage/crit for things like Venom Dose builds.

Is Heavy Caliber not throwing off the shots? I have only used it on Ignis Wraith

19 minutes ago, oreom said:

Is Heavy Caliber not throwing off the shots? I have only used it on Ignis Wraith

HC does nothing to pulse phase weapons of which the lanka is, or weapons with imperfect accuracy like the synapse.

Edited by -Kittens-

It's really good when used with Harrow also. (same for Opticor Vandal)

For me, PoE bounties were the content at which it performed the best, but ofc. it's usable in other content even though i prefer my Vectis for everyday use.

• Like 1

If you fancy games like Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell, then a Lanka with a stealth frame is going to make your day. Set up a permanent invisibility Loki and bring along your Lanka with a maxed out Hush mod. Try to head shot everything.

Remember to set your game to solo mode though because your mission is going to be very, very long. But you'll enjoy it if that's your thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

If you fancy games like Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell, then a Lanka with a stealth frame is going to make your day. Set up a permanent invisibility Loki and bring along your Lanka with a maxed out Hush mod. Try to head shot everything.

Remember to set your game to solo mode though because your mission is going to be very, very long. But you'll enjoy it if that's your thing.

If only mob A.I. in Warframe would be as good as in Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid...

I can keep dreaming.

• Like 1