The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining Hesperon - Moment of silence for Baruuk and Fortuna

5p33dy_01

i would like to start off by saying thank you to who ever decided to come up with the BRILLIANT idea to dilute the mining pool, GREAT! job, you really hit the nail on the head by coming up with the ultimate way to increase grind.
DOf8LRm.png
RGNFffw.jpg
KoABA2n.jpg

now, in case people dont know how many copernics you need to build railjack
Railjack Tail Section Repair    Component    (80)
Railjack Engine Cowling Repair    Component    (40)

based on what i got, now im swimming in copernics for my railjack (which is already built), but not even making a dent in the amounts i would need for actually using them on other railjack components.

everything else that uses them can be found here
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Copernics

so anyone looking to build Baruuk, enjoy the 8 hours of mining, not to mention the other things that use that ore, its only almost EVERYTHING in Fortuna.
==================================
now the part that slipped whoever's mind.

instead of making the whole mining process stupidly tedious, here is what could have been done

make the Nosam Cutter the only mining tool to get these useless resources that are pure dilution.

or done something else that separates these railjack resources from the rest of the drop tables.

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 4

The mining pool dilution is still bad though.  After Railjack, getting 15 Copernics from mining is like scouring a Sabotage map for the 3 special hidden cache lockers and getting 37 Cryotic

They spent 2 hours and got 300 Copernics, when you can spend 3 minutes in a Railjack mission and get 1200

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, enemystand said:

you can get hesperon easily mining in the upper right part of the map

i tried this too, since you suggested it.

i tried the upper left when i saw someone suggest it, when i looked up people having this mining problem, but only came across 3 red veins and about 10 blue....
i also read that entering and exiting deck 12 makes veins spawn, but it seems to be based on time, the longer you wait/take to enter or exit, the more you get.

these are all ways to get around dev issues or design flaws.
basically, the upper left and/or right part of the map probably wasnt modified for the new drop tables, as every red vein gave me hesperon or venerol.
deck 12 is a long known work around for the lack of veins.

since they messed around with the drop tables i have noticed a HUGE reduction in the amount of veins you find, both red and blue, more red though.

in POE it might not be as much of a problem for the dilution, since there is an abundance of veins, but in OV, this dilution needs to be fixed.
it is hard enough trying to locate any veins, let alone specific veins, we dont need to slap in the face with copernics for even coming across them.
either a huge increase in the amount of red veins or a specific tool for these resources. the quantities dont even make them worth considering as an alternative source to playing railjack.

43 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Farm this boss instead, she drops Hesperon on kill.

lol... that's a whole different kind of grind.
besides, depending on the amount dropped (i dont know), it probably isnt worth the effort... not to mention the bugs involved.

17 minutes ago, blazinvire said:

The mining pool dilution is still bad though.  After Railjack, getting 15 Copernics from mining is like scouring a Sabotage map for the 3 special hidden cache lockers and getting 37 Cryotic

They spent 2 hours and got 300 Copernics, when you can spend 3 minutes in a Railjack mission and get 1200

exactly.

they have 1 use outside railjack and that is 1 weapon, it does not justify polluting the drop pool for almost the entire Fortuna inventory, which has absolutely nothing to do with railjack. you dont even get corpus in railjack.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

20 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

i tried the upper left when i saw someone suggest it, when i looked up people having this mining problem, but only came across 3 red veins and about 10 blue....
i also read that entering and exiting deck 12 makes veins spawn, but it seems to be based on time, the longer you wait/take to enter or exit, the more you get.

it sound like you have a resource drop chance booster, these booster increase the spawn of blue veins and make problematic to find red veins

Just now, enemystand said:

it sound like you have a resource drop chance booster, these booster increase the spawn of blue veins and make problematic to find red veins

yes i do....

lol... where is the button to alternate which ones it boosts?
or am i forced not to use booster when i want ore?
if that is the case, where is the toggle for the booster? ( i cant time travel to when my booster depletes)

another dev/design issue, why cant it boost both?

sadly there is no button is a curse for the red veins, but is good to find toroids, your only choice is wait for it to end, but the fighting the orb as suggested above is the best choice to get orb valis resources without mining

42 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

lol... that's a whole different kind of grind.
besides, depending on the amount dropped (i dont know), it probably isnt worth the effort... not to mention the bugs involved.

The boss is easy to Solo and doesn’t require a strict META like Profit Taker and The Eidolons. Also most of the bugs at the boss’s debut is almost non existent today.

She drops almost to all every Fortuna resource on kill and in large amounts too

Edited by DrivaMain

39 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The boss is easy to Solo and doesn’t require a strict META like Profit Taker and The Eidolons. Also most of the bugs at the boss’s debut is almost non existent today.

maybe its not as bugged now, but it was about a year ago when i tried it.

maybe you dont understand what im saying.

the biggest problem with this suggestion is that, you are effectively asking people to abandon certain content based on a problem that the was implemented.

they poluted the mining drop tables, it is a problem.
but the community doesnt care because they have enough or know all the other ways to obtain certain things fast and easy.
instead of being supportive for something to be done about it, you instead say "just use another way" that bypasses the whole point of it.

you should be supporting the reversal of that change or at least supporting ideas to change it for the better, like i said, "make the Nosam Cutter the only mining tool to get these useless resources that are pure dilution."

if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
the problem being, the lack of community support to change things in a way that everyone is happy.

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 3

On 2020-05-30 at 5:35 AM, enemystand said:

you can get hesperon easily mining in the upper left part of the map

Rr9nOS4.jpg

at least i go there to farm it for the nightwave challenge it count as rare mineral

kinda offtopic but... What are those markers? It is some edited picture or you can turn them on somehow?

On 2020-05-30 at 5:47 AM, enemystand said:

sadly there is no button is a curse for the red veins, but is good to find toroids, your only choice is wait for it to end, but the fighting the orb as suggested above is the best choice to get orb valis resources without mining

this is something that needs to be addressed.

upon my investigation on this drop chance booster which has now depleted (but both have stats with resource booster), it would seem that not only is there a few more red vains (which we kind of knew), BUT, the frequency of hesperon is actually higher. instead of getting copernics 9.5 out of 10 times, its around 5 out of 10.
basically, what i think happens is, because you increase the drop chance for everything, copernics rules over hesperon almost all of the time.

this is in half the time (without chance booster), hesperon is 6x higher, axidite is 3x higher, copernics is 88 lower and venerol is about the same.
effectively making it so you have about 6x less chance for RARE resources with the chance booster active than without.
and for some strange reason venerol is unaffected.

that is not right, how can a rare resource be 6x higher without booster and then about 6x lower with a booster, it should be at least 50/50 (which it is without booster).

t5VFLxC.jpg

XLpEoiF.jpg

06HJSKd.jpg

Edited by 5p33dy_01

A few weeks ago when I was building Fortuna AMP parts, I must have spent 4 hours mining during different instances on O.V. and I had both boosters active:

One time I had almost 600 Coppernics and 0 Hesperon.

The next time I had 60 Hesperon and ~200 Coppernics

The final time it was around 40 Hesperon and 0 Coppernics.

I then did 3 runs of Exploiter Orb, which took a grand total of about 45 minutes and got 200 Hesperon.

They have well and truly made mining obsolete, tedious and annoying, even more so with the new loot-drops.

P.O.E. isn't much different with the stupid Pustrels either; I couldn't get Coprun to save my life and that's supposed to be a COMMON drop!

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Els236 said:

A few weeks ago when I was building Fortuna AMP parts, I must have spent 4 hours mining during different instances on O.V. and I had both boosters active:

One time I had almost 600 Coppernics and 0 Hesperon.

The next time I had 60 Hesperon and ~200 Coppernics

The final time it was around 40 Hesperon and 0 Coppernics.

I then did 3 runs of Exploiter Orb, which took a grand total of about 45 minutes and got 200 Hesperon.

They have well and truly made mining obsolete, tedious and annoying, even more so with the new loot-drops.

P.O.E. isn't much different with the stupid Pustrels either; I couldn't get Coprun to save my life and that's supposed to be a COMMON drop!

looks like you have to run without chance booster active and then you should be fine.