Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Force Start in groups..... this is just a big fat nope!

-HG-Lair360

à l’instant, -HG-Lair360 a dit :

For Railjack... make that 15-30 min to find a group!

For mumur / lich group, it takes me.... sometime 3-10 min!

Or play solo, as you advise so well.

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Then the 10s force-start timer shouldn't be an issue. But it is. Strange.

My bad for the hyperbole, it can take more than that but my point stands it takes longer to find a group than it does to go grab water or switch frames (unless you're doing railjack).

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Or play solo, as you advise so well.

Railjack is a pain in the neck solo (its probably doable but I don't want to do all of it by myself and watch my rail get jacked). And solo is worse for murmurs because you still deal with your lich possibly appearing. 

Edited by Draconicdisciple

il y a 2 minutes, Draconicdisciple a dit :

My bad for the hyperbole, it can take more than that but my point stands it takes longer to find a group than it does to go grab water or switch frames (unless you're doing railjack).

Railjack is a pain in the neck solo (its probably doable but I don't want to do all of it myself and watch my rail get jacked). And solo is worse for murmurs because you still deal with your lich possibly appearing. 

If you can't do it it solo, then build a group. But expecting a public group to both behave like you want ; and to carry you, is a bit too much, isn't it ?

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

If you can't do it it solo, then build a group. But expecting a public group to both behave like you want ; and to carry you, is a bit too much, isn't it ?

You seriously have a problem with online players....

"and to carry you, is a bit too much, isn't it "

That is.... Sigh....

Just now, dwqrf said:

I never said anything about being carried, only implied that I prefer a mission type known to be based around multiple people to have multiple people in it. I don't wanna deal with what 4 people are supposed to be doing by myself if I don't have to, that's efficiency. 

They don't have to behave how I want. But hey, my railjack my rules right? Basic human decency is one people need to follow.

Same with liches, I can and have done rank 5's by myself, but farming your lich nodes to get murmurs is pretty inefficient since that just makes the level skyrocket quicker. 

il y a 3 minutes, -HG-Lair360 a dit :

You seriously have a problem with online players....

I don't. You do.

il y a 3 minutes, Draconicdisciple a dit :

I never said anything about being carried, only implied that I prefer a mission type known to be based around multiple people to have multiple people in it. I don't wanna deal with what 4 people are supposed to be doing by myself if I don't have to, that's efficiency.

Same with liches, I can and have done rank 5's by myself, but farming your lich nodes to get murmurs is pretty inefficient since that just makes the level skyrocket quicker. 

If you really want never to be disapointed, expect to play every single mission solo. Any random joigning is a bonus. You cannot bet on a full squad of mr29 bringing the right set uo of frames and weapons to be there for you every single time.

About liches, a rank 5 lich doesn't lose anger while making a wrong stab, allowing you to "finish" it off quicker once it's max level, even with wrong guesses. But I guess the problem for you are grineers level 100, right ?

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

I don't. You do.

If you really want never to be disapointed, expect to play every single mission solo. Any random joigning is a bonus. You cannot bet on a full squad of mr29 bringing the right set uo of frames and weapons to be there for you every single time.

About liches, a rank 5 lich doesn't lose anger while making a wrong stab, allowing you to "finish" it off quicker once it's max level, even with wrong guesses. But I guess the problem for you are grineers level 100, right ?

Not really, I've help carry others through rank 5 liches. Just takes longer to kill than a rank 3-4. 

I'm on my 6th one now because I just like farming liches (since you start at a high level), so it chops a little time off to keep the level low. 

Edited by Draconicdisciple

il y a 2 minutes, Draconicdisciple a dit :

Not really, I've help carry others through rank 5 liches. Just takes longer to kill than a rank 3-4. 

I'm on my 6th one now because I just like farming liches (since you start at a high level), so it chops a little time off to keep the level low. 

Not stabbing your lich is something DE has been fighting off; granting murmurs and kuva on failed stab.

I've done 52 liches, so maybe my advice is worth taking.

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Not stabbing your lich is something DE has been fighting off; granting murmurs and kuva on failed stab.

I've done 52 liches, so maybe my advice is worth taking.

I'll consider it, but point stands for me that solo is not the go-to answer for the problem.

18 hours ago, -HG-Lair360 said:

While playing murmur / lich hunting with a few random groups, it was great. Some say "brb. need to take a drink" - "I need to quickly forma this" - "I need to change frame". For me I support that and do something too and wait for them to get ready. BUT.... you know... there is always that one person.... sigh.... "force start" and ticked me off, so does a few others.

A few days later, its the same. in group... Force start... don't you get it? Somone says he needs to get a drink! He will be right back!

So when I am in this group and they force start, I just say "I am going to find a new group after this round". Enough is enough. I don't support this practice of force start without a reason. At least say something like "I am going to force start."

*facepalm*

as many options in Warframe, it comes from a good idea but is poorly implemented.

Most of the times it has happened to me, was due to newbie not knowing what that button exactly does and clicking it, but if it is intentional or out of bad education I extract immediately.

Easy fix: make the "force start" require the same type of confirmation that is required for the Valence Fusion, and add a text with a list of cases in which it could be a bad idea to force anyway (ex: 1) are you sure you want to do this? a team mate might be changing frame...)

3 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

as many options in Warframe, it comes from a good idea but is poorly implemented.

Most of the times it has happened to me, was due to newbie not knowing what that button exactly does and clicking it, but if it is intentional or out of bad education I extract immediately.

Easy fix: make the "force start" require the same type of confirmation that is required for the Valence Fusion, and add a text with a list of cases in which it could be a bad idea to force anyway (ex: 1) are you sure you want to do this? a team mate might be changing frame...)

Or make an extra notification "Please confirm again."

Notes: I got some players force starts and apologies for pressing by accident. That I am okay with. I respect that and kept going to help them or keep playing.

Edited by -HG-Lair360

il y a 4 minutes, -HG-Lair360 a dit :

Yes you do have problems. You are acting like ZeroX4 that doesn't give a dam about 'respect' of other players.

Respect is also not making 3 players wait for you while you do your life.

à l’instant, -HG-Lair360 a dit :

Dude, admit it. You are selfish... have some decency. It only takes a few sec to grab a bottle of water... sigh... get it?

Then again, the 10s force-start timer shouldn't be an issue. Get it ?

il y a 1 minute, -HG-Lair360 a dit :

Facepalm....

Players like you don't get it....

(Head on Keyboard)

I understand your point. Perfectly. You just refuse to understand mine, thus, an impossible discussion.

12 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

lets say ur in squad with me and u say brb i need to go get a drink
i know u wont be happy if i force start
but if i and 2 other squad members leave squad and u are left alone would that make u happy?

Yes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Yes.

so again ur time is valuable to you enough to expect others to leave u alone and dont waste ur time in forcing u to leave mission and living trough loading screen to ur orbiter

but other players time is worthless to u since they can waste it on leaving a squad and re grouping inviting them selfs to new squad

yeah crystal quality logic

that just proves force starting should be always done by others without giving 2 f###s about other players

waste ur time not other ppl time or dont expect them to respect ur time

and as u see from dwqrf some ppl do understand that principal sad u dont

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

Then why wouldn't you, yourself, quit the squad when you need to afk ?

5 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

remember every sword is double edged

how about ppl like u dont go public instead only go solo so they dont meet ppl like me so they cant negatively impact my game?

Because I don't negatively impact on your games. I'm one of the people who normally picks a generalist loadout that can usually handle anything. If I need to go do something I will usually bail from the squad inbetween missions. And more often than not I'm one of the first to highlight the mission select to run the mission again. 

Unlike you I won't intentionally rush people who aren't ready. I understand that someone may need to tweak the gear, or mods between runs. If they're taking too long, guess what? I can bail and do it with other people, or solo. 

But you? No, you have said that you intentionally do negatively impact on others. Imagine what would happen if the person you rushed into the mission, intentionally decided to go fail a vault or two in that spy Sortie you chose to drop them into. Would that make you happy? 

Because remember buddy when you are asking why they would do that to you, the answer "because we can" is apparently valid in whatever world you live in. 

When it happens to you please remember, every sword is double edged. 

• Like 2