Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option For Running = Default, Please.

Traumtulpe

Every time I load into the orbiter, every time I load into a mission, every time I leave the piloting seat of my Railjack, I need to hold a button for a few seconds to not walk very slowly.

What is wrong with you? I played games 10 years ago that had an option to make running the default. I have seen this mentioned many times already too.

And while you are at it, do something about melee only mode. Either make it unnecessary by removing the bug that displaces your Warframe when using combos than include aiming, or give me a toggle for default state in the options for it too. Because right now I am forced to hold 2 buttons for a few seconds each, every time I enter a mission or leave the piloting seat. For no reason at all.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Every time I load into the orbiter, every time I load into a mission, every time I leave the piloting seat of my Railjack, I need to hold a button for a few seconds to not walk very slowly.

What is wrong with you? I played games 10 years ago that had an option to make running the default. I have seen this mentioned many times already too.

And while you are at it, do something about melee only mode. Either make it unnecessary by removing the bug that displaces your Warframe when using combos than include aiming, or give me a toggle for default state in the options for it too. Because right now I am forced to hold 2 buttons for a few seconds each, every time I enter a mission or leave the piloting seat. For no reason at all.

but run is a toggle setting

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

but run is a toggle setting

Having tried the "press run to toggle running" in the past, I remember quite a few things that would un-toggle it. I think certain melee combos did it, even. If it would just stay active, that'd probably be perfectly fine, but it seems fickle at best. 😞

• Like 1

oh yea thats strange, i use a controller on PC and the toggle run option in settings never gets changed for me

for me 100% of the time its click left thumbstick in once and im running until i click it again

thats why my original answer may have come off like me being an @šs but i was actually just making a statement cause for me its always worked fine

also for OP this was he option i was speaking of

Spoiler

jhBxO9R.jpg

Edited by Tokens210

On 2020-06-12 at 10:19 PM, Tokens210 said:

for me 100% of the time its click left thumbstick in once and im running until i click it again [...] this was he option i was speaking of

I have that option activated, but the game forgets I have sprint toggled on all the damn time. One of the worst offenders is Ivara's Navigator ability, it just deactivates sprinting every time it is used.

There is one simple solution, an option for sprinting as default. Games had such options more than a decade ago already. There is no excuse. Just do it.

• Like 2

Auto-Run has been a requested feature since 2013. DE Steve even mentioned it on a Tweet like 3 years ago.

Never happened.

Long ago they made a semi-valid argument before Parkour 2.0 when the game was far more difficult and positioning was more important.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1

I'd love to see this. It's a shame that a lot of people are not understanding the reason behind this and WHAT exactly it is that you're asking for.

With the pace of this game, the default WASD movement should be sprinting, and shift should slow your warframe to the jog.

And for literally everyone arguing against this, I raise you this. "Always Sprint" should be a toggle option in the gameplay menu. If you don't like it, fine, then just leave it, this literally doesn't impact you negatively, or even in any way whatsoever, and the players that would like/want this, now have the option for it.

• Like 3