Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for Protea.

MPonder

• 1st ability: An augment mod that instead of 3 orbs, just release 1 with the this orb having duration/range/damage the sum of the 3 orbs in one. Also with draggin enemies to its center.
  • 2nd ability: Great damage, but wasting time on a ability to cast 3 gadgets that kind disappear fast that's not a one-handed action is kind annoying. Also an augment mod that instead of 3 towers, just put one that has the duration of 3 together. Also, let you make it hit a specific target if you have one enemy in the aim before activating it  until it die. Also make it prioritize enemies you are hitting.
  • 3rd ability: Maybe make it repeat itens drop just a little faster, just a little.
  • 4th ability: Let you recast the ult a 2nd time so you stop the rewind before the anchor point.

• Stop her 1 being affected by "invert tap/hold abilities."

We use it to make cycle abilities more convenient, not to make other abilities frustrating to use.

Adding on from a little more experience;

• Her turret doesn't traget CCed enemies. Played with a Vauban and it flat out refuses to shoot anything. Seems like even heat procs from other sources were causing it to ignore enemies right in front of it.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe when they announced her abilities they said dispensary would drop what your team currently requires. If I'm solo, on full HP and full ammo, I shouldn't have to stand around waiting for 10 seconds for it to decide to drop an energy orb. Let's face it 99% of casts are going to be because you want energy.
  • Her 4 is abysmal. I really don't know what they were thinking.
Edited by anarchy753
  • Like 1

Her first grenade fan, maybe damage needs some scaling or the shrapnel vortex having a little more range maybe from 4 to 6 base range? 
An ability needs well rounded strength, duration and range, is kind of pain to build around. BTW, Shield satellites have the same problem with vauban's overdriver. While i overshield other players, my pet grabs it, like NOPE, That's MINE, or even sentinels. 

Blaze artillery, this needs scaling damage, as this is the only way to burst single target down in short amount of time, the range is okay, Not a bad skill IMO. Staying longer will redundant her well rounded skill, so the short duration is reasonable. 

DIspenser, this is ok, but can be improved. Why not giving the first drop to be all types of resources, giving health, ammo and energy. As for the next and subsequent drops, make them drop with indication before the drop lands. Like showing red for health orb as the next drop, blue for energy orb and yellow for ammo. On the other hand, the dispenser only one available on the field, recast it reset the sequence of dropping and the firstly casted just gone. Well, maybe players can calculate the drop time, but i have a problem to calculate and recast it after first 3 types of drops, meaning, i want to recast it after the first energy orb drop within the duration of her 4th. So that i can have 2 or 3 energy orbs to replenish the energy i used for my 4th after the rewind. So, maybe DE can fix it or give it a little credit. 

Temporal anchor, not a bad skill, but need some fix. Resources that drop from enemies, have the image of following my when i rewind, but they are not, they just stays there. Maybe I am wrong, tell me if i'm wrong with this point. And the implosion, why not giving her both the anchor point and the rewind point implosion? Rewind back to the anchor point, sometimes, enemies are shooting at the anchor point and boom, revive in 10 sec countdown, well i can cancel her 4th so that no rewind, but i need the refund from her 4th, so not that great to be honest if keeps on rewind from a safe place to a dangerous place. ( only apply in choke point missions like defense, mobile defense exclude due to players will stay at the point, and protea can cast 4th at the defense point. But for defense mission. players tend to seek out and kill some enemies, so the defense point sometimes having enemies near it, having implosion at the anchor point after rewind's make protea to safely lane after the rewind.

( sorry for that bad language, english is not my mother tongue )

8 hours ago, Aoennor said:

Blaze artillery, this needs scaling damage, as this is the only way to burst single target down in short amount of time, the range is okay, Not a bad skill IMO. Staying longer will redundant her well rounded skill, so the short duration is reasonable. 

2nd ability damage is fine, it is fire damage with 100% status proc chance I think. ofc it is not going to kill single high armor enemies, if you remove enemies armor with corrosive for example, it melts stuff. Damage is not the problem, but armor is, and always will be with how Warframe scale works.

Plus, 99% of the people are building her so wrong probably since she just released.

43 minutes ago, Aoennor said:

I wonder what is right ?

If you want more damage on the second ability, Narrow minded is the mod that will give the most damage to it, even if you have a primed continuity, even more than blind rage on how the ability works, none video from youtubers they were using. The ability combo counter stack per hit, not per shot, if you control the ability to hit multiple enemies, it will do a lot of damage because it will stacks a lot of combo counter.

You have some control over where it will hit, because it is a 130 angle.

Narrow mind negative is pretty fixable with other range mods, since its base range is 30m.

Edited by MPonder

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MPonder:

2nd ability damage is fine, it is fire damage with 100% status proc chance I think. ofc it is not going to kill single high armor enemies, if you remove enemies armor with corrosive for example, it melts stuff. Damage is not the problem, but armor is, and always will be with how Warframe scale works.

You know what else melts stuff? Guns. Saying the damage is fine if you soften the enemies up with gunfire first means that the damage is absolutely not fine. Saying the damage is fine because it would be fine if the game had different armor scaling means that not only is the damage not fine, but you also have no concept of what "the damage is fine" means.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You know what else melts stuff? Guns. Saying the damage is fine if you soften the enemies up with gunfire first means that the damage is absolutely not fine. Saying the damage is fine because it would be fine if the game had different armor scaling means that not only is the damage not fine, but you also have no concept of what "the damage is fine" means.

If you can't bypass armor or reduce it in anyway with her abilities. they will have to buff the damage of the ability for a lot for no reason, since the 50% reduction of the fire is not enough. Or they could let her 1 ability also group enemies for her 2.

Edited by MPonder

vor 9 Minuten schrieb MPonder:

If you can't bypass armor or reduce it in anyway with her abilities. they will have to buff the damage of the ability for a lot for no reason, since the 50% reduction of the fire is not enough. Or they could let her 1 ability also group enemies for her 2.

Let me spell it out for you: For the damage to be fine, it needs to be fine for the game as it exists. If it's not fine for the actual game that actually exists in actual reality, then it's not fine. No one cares about what the damage would be like in a hypothetical game with a different armor scaling. That's not the game anyone here is playing. That's not the game the frame has to exist in. I'm not playing Hypothetical Different Scaling Warframe, I'm playing actual Warframe where the 2 has trouble dealing with Sortie level Lancers. Notice I'm not talking about Eximuses or Heavy Gunners or anything actually tough, but ordinary run-of-the-mill Lancers.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Let me spell it out for you: For the damage to be fine, it needs to be fine for the game as it exists. If it's not fine for the actual game that actually exists in actual reality, then it's not fine.

Reality of the game is so low, I'm talking about stuff above the reallity. LoL. If you are having problem with her dmg in the reality of this game, which is around 80-120 at most. You should consider learn how to build stuff before you type.

Edited by MPonder