Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have +beam range in Weapon Exilus

MiraJune

This is something that has bothered since the release of weapon exilus slots. I feel like the mods Sinister Reach and Ruinous Extension could, (and probably should) be available to put in the exilus mod slot. I feel like it is pretty much just utility, but it just feels incredibly bad to put on your build really hurting DPS potential (Like Hush) and just feels out of place compared to other mods. I understand the reasoning behind why mods like Firestorm are not available to put in the exilus slot, because despite that it does not directly increase the damage numbers, it does give the ability to hit more targets increasing dps. These + range mods just don't really do that So It would just be really nice if they got the same treatment as similar mods in their class.

• Like 9

Considering that +Projectilespeed (which is already Exilus) is basicly +Range for different types of weapons, I don't see why not?

To go one step beyond, I'd argue that anything which doesn't increase raw damage per hit (DPH) should be fine in the Exilus slot. So include not just +Range, but also +Radius, +Reload and +RoF. Sure, those can increase DPS, but not DPH (as you mentioned, arguably +Radius can, but eh, so can +Range on beam weapons with innate punchthrough so...).

Think about it. +Accuracy, -Recoil and +Projectilespeed all help with practical DPS, potentially arguably moreso than Reload and RoF can in many situations.

Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Azamagon said:

To go one step beyond, I'd argue that anything which doesn't increase raw damage per hit (DPH) should be fine in the Exilus slot. So include not just +Range, but also +Radius, +Reload and +RoF. Sure, those can increase DPS, but not DPH (arguably +Radius can, but eh - but so can +Range on beam weapons with innate punchthrough so...).

For the most part I agree, with the notable exception of reload speed. For a number of weapons with low mag capacities especially (such as the Tonkor, Tigres, Vectis ect) reload speed is an incredibly important stat functioning in virtually the same way that fire rate does.

Edited by MiraJune

23 hours ago, MiraJune said:

I understand the reasoning behind why mods like Firestorm are not available to put in the exilus slot, because despite that it does not directly increase the damage numbers, it does give the ability to hit more targets increasing dps. These + range mods just don't really do that

They kinda do though, Punch Through exists.

E.g. Ignis with +Beam Range most definitely gains more multi-enemy-hitting potential,
and on guns like Catchmoon, +Flight Speed similarly makes it possible to hit additional enemies.

Both make the attack reach enemies you wouldn't have hit at all otherwise,
so I just don't agree that +Blast Radius should be treated any differently.

3 hours ago, Kayll said:

+accuracy Exilus

Why not, we have -Recoil Exilus Mods, pretty much on the same level.

9 hours ago, MiraJune said:

For the most part I agree, with the notable exception of reload speed. For a number of weapons with low mag capacities especially (such as the Tonkor, Tigres, Vectis ect) reload speed is an incredibly important stat functioning in virtually the same way that fire rate does.

Again - Yes, it helps with damage-per-second. But not with damage-per-hit.

EDIT: And I included Rate-of-Fire for Exilus, don't you disagreed on that one too then? Since, as you say, reloadspeed is virtually the same as rate-of-fire (for MOST guns, actually, just more notably so for small-magazined weapons).

Edited by Azamagon