October 16Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

This is called "gender discrimination". The gender of the Warframe should never affect play style. Ever. This is player preference and nothing more.

If you are going to incorporate a second skill-set, make it interchangeable with current skills regardless of gender.

100% agree here. Adding a new skillset at the same time as alternate genders is fine, but they shouldn't be gender exclusive.

Whoah drop tables are such a touchy subject with people, am I the only one who enjoys exploration, experimentation and surprise? Mods are pretty much the only things we don't create though crafting, personally I like the unknown element.

I can understand people don't want to waste their time but I can also understand how DE might not want anyone and everyone sifting through their code, people seem to be looking only at the drop tables being encrypted and aren't thinking about everything else that's now protected ie the game we all play.

Really?

I love exploration. I love experimenting and being surprised. Farming kills any sense of wonderment, though.

I hosted over 40 T3 Defense keys when I was farming for Quick Thinking and came along for the ride as a client for at least than many again. That's a lot of grinding.

There's  no chance in hell I would have done any of that if there hadn't been reliable information telling me that I was actually looking in the right place.

Edited by litlit

Okay, I don't know if it's been said, I just saw Machete on the list and got immediately upset. I was going to build that in the next day or two

and my little brother who's also a Warframe fanatic tells me Gorgon, among other weapons, were marked last chance. I don't know how you

let the community know these things, I don't ever seem to notice it. Do you just give 24 hours until you yank them from the game?

It's just really upsetting for me to see this keep happening. Literally every weapon on this list were some of my favorites. I used

my trusty Gorgon for AGES before I reset my account. I finally get my rank up to snuff to use it? And now it's gone. I'm getting

really irritated with these choices. Not trying to rage or start a war or anything, just letting the forum staff and hopefully

the devs know that not everyone appreciates these sudden departures of popular weapons.

edit: typos...oh dear >_>

Edited by TheVoxyn

Drop tables: November 1. If the information isn't available by that time, then I won't be giving DE any more money.  That's not very far away.

How hard is it to compile a spreadsheet?  What intimate secrets does it reveal?  How does knowing where a BP drops in the void or about how often enable a cheater or a competitor?

I don't have a problem with a codex that shows all the drop information in game.  I do mind if I have to unlock those locations by finding the things the codex tells me where to find (what use is it then?).

So if the codex says 'All Mag Prime blueprints are found in T3 survival missions) and I do 50 runs of T3 survival and get nothing but Forma and Mag Prime Chasis, I've got enough to give helpful criticism.  Maybe I complain about the drop rate, or I complain about the RNG giving me the same things over and over, but I can say 'the codex says do T3 void survival for Mag Prime, but after 50 runs I still have nothing but the Mag Prime Chasis and Forma BP' and DE can look at the tables and see that they set the drop on the other Mag Prime BP to .005% or something, or didn't list the Systems, or listed it somewhere else, and fix it.

As it is now, with no information, all I can say is I have no clue where I'm supposed to go to get Mag Prime parts, and no interest in buying keys to try and see if I can find them randomly somewhere.  Right now my clan is vacating the game.  There is no end game, they don't know where to farm void drops or for mods, and the only players active are the new players who will quit they can't find things like Serration or Barrel Diffusion soon, or at least know where to look for them.

And as the members of my clan stop playing, my own desire to play stops too.  New content isn't bringing them back. So please, do something.  The UI changes made recently brought many of them back for a bit, because they were basically good changes.  And these are the people who are willing to buy platinum (not free to play players).

November first. I'm not willing to wait any longer. 

I'm sorry I just cannot help but feel we are being spoken down to, and (I'll wrap the next bit up fear of breaking forums rules) "not being told the whole truth".

A spreadsheet of who drops what, or if T3s drop Boar receivers, will not help hackers.

Removing weapons because they don't fit the art style... I'm sorry, do what now?

Boar, if it does not fit the art style, neither does the Strun or Strun Wraith, different magazine, that is all.

Gorgon? How does that not fit the art style for a Grineer weapon?

Ether daggers, well they are small daggery versions of the Ether swords, how do they not fit?

Machete? OK, it looks like a Grineer weapon to me, but let's say the art does not fit, then take out the Cleavers as well.

No one likes being treated like an idiot, especially customers!

Edit: Hmm. I'll try and end on a positive note, thanks for looking at Volt, and congrats to Letter13, good luck...

Edited by Egg_Chen

100% agree here. Adding a new skillset at the same time as alternate genders is fine, but they shouldn't be gender exclusive.

Really?

I love exploration. I love experimenting and being surprised. Farming kills any sense of wonderment, though.

I hosted over 40 T3 Defense keys when I was farming for Quick Thinking and came along for the ride as a client for at least than many again. That's a lot of grinding.

There's no chance in hell I would have done any of that if there hadn't been reliable information telling me that I was actually looking in the right place.

And that's fine, but for me it would kill any enjoyment of finding that new mod or weapon piece if there was an excel spreadsheet on the forums detailing exactly where everything is. I know that's not exactly what people are asking for(or maybe it is) but if they do decide to release the information I hope they do it through the wiki.

Anyway how many fairly loot based games like this actually have drop tables freely available, it feels like doing so would be a lazy solution to the gameplay is a grind issue, if there were more opportunities per mission to gain drops, like an expanded version of the optional objectives or overarching challenges with a rare drop chance at the end, that would be a better solution

Edited by YourFriendlyNoggin

But that is what people want. More to complain about.

*looks at all the other things to complain about* А харя не треснет?

@YourFriendlyNoggin

As long as there's RNG involved, excel spreadsheet would be all exitement of exploration you'll ever need.

Honestly, right now only exploration you might ever do as a new player will be finding out what do the bosses drop. Though I guess the question of "where I get that awesome frame" will be prevalent.

Edited by GTG3000

If you are going to have opposite sex version of frames then use those frames for the people that complain about certain frames and their powers.

Have the male Ember be like the people that complain about her want, and have the girl Rhino bring back Rhino's CCing like he had before.

By the way, what does this mean?

some of the weapons (like the Boar) just don’t fit the art style.

You used this before without little further explanation.

Are you saying that it didnt fit one of the 3 factions?

Are we to believe that only those 3 factions make guns?

And given that we got a Prime version...... 4 factions.

Maybe you can breathe a little extra life in the game by having weapons that dont fit the factions and include explanations that show what else is in this solar system. Like those civilians i keep hearing about in alert missions. 

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Just FYI, The Portuguese from Portugal and the Portugal from Brazil are very different. I'm a brazillian myself, and honestly find it really hard to understand Portugal's portuguese. Some of their words, expressions and even slangs differ completely from one another.

Grouping those together as one single entity is a BAD BAD move. They should be kept separate imho. I also happen to know that Renan.Ruivo is brazillian, but the way you worded it seemed to me like he's now responsible for all things portuguese. If that's the case, you should probably get an additional member on the moderator team for Portugal portuguese.

A whole forum section may be unnecessary, although that'd be the best.

Anyway how many fairly loot based games like this actually have drop tables freely available

Take a pick of any major MMO, or any game for that matter. A few have them in game. Most have the info freely availible on their wiki that was datamined by the community with no hatred from the game developer.

And that's fine, but for me it would kill any enjoyment of finding that new mod or weapon piece if there was an excel spreadsheet on the forums detailing exactly where everything is. I know that's not exactly what people are asking for(or maybe it is) but if they do decide to release the information I hope they do it through the wiki.

Anyway how many fairly loot based games like this actually have drop tables freely available, it feels like doing so would be a lazy solution to the gameplay is a grind issue, if there were more opportunities per mission to gain drops, like an expanded version of the optional objectives or overarching challenges with a rare drop chance at the end, that would be a better solution

I personally prefer to be told exactly where all the loot is, with exact drop rates. Our personal preferences really don't matter much, though, compared to much larger issues.

Have a look at this thread. Gives a good, detailed explanation of the current problem with the grind in Warframe. Quick summary: grinding is not inherently a bad thing in itself, but its overabundance and heavy reliance on RNG in Warframe are incredibly toxic to the quality of gameplay experience, player progression, and generating continued player interest. It them offers brief but well-thought and detailed solutions to address the issue.

Edited by litlit

Reasonable round up, although Nekros has yet to receive any attention.

Volt topics have recently taken over, but Nekros was still a reasonably hot topic and has yet to receive any changes from release which he really needs to be an asset to the team.

Also will "one hit wonder" frames receive a tweak after Scott has addressed Volt and the new frame? By "one hit wonders" I mean Frost and Banshee, frames that get by on one amazing skill but the rest of their kit is reasonably lackluster.

Nekros is fine. only thing that needs any attention is desecrate.

Banshee is far from a one hit wonder. you should use her more often and actually try and think about it first.

Frost is also not a one hit wonder.

You really must be playing warframe incorrectly if you have come to these conclusions.

Drop tables:

HOW is releasing the drop tables with the droprates a security concern? Allowing people to shuffle through the game file to find them may be one, especially given the clientside method the game uses (as opposed to serverside drops for other games), but I really don't understant how giving players the drop rates is a problem in itself, please explain. Or I'll join the tinfoil hat crowd accusing you of hoarding our platinum by setting drop rates to below 1%, or even worse, omit entries from the tables. Deliberately.

I don't care how you do it, bestiary would be the best way, but give us the location and drop rate BEFORE we get the mod/void reward. Because if we get it AFTER dropping the thing, it's essentially useless.

Genderswaps:

Either make it a true genderswap, with the genderswapped version as a SKIN of the original, or don't bother. Making it a new warframe solves no-one's problem and only make it worse.

Last chance weapons:

I don't understand the "don't fit art style" excuse either.

Banshee is far from a one hit wonder. you should use her more often and actually try and think about it first.

You really must be playing warframe incorrectly if you have come to these conclusions.

Really? Only thing fine with Nekros is Desecrate so far.

none of his powers are game breaking, unlike miasma iron skin and MP

In... What place exactly are Miasma and IS gamebreaking? I know that MPrime is an arguable matter, but those two?

And, all his powers but desecrate barely see any use. SoulPunch is hard to aim and has no AoE to speak of, Terrify has a huge cooldown that doesn't help at all, and SoD only works that well if you kill a few heavies in a row.

none of his powers are game breaking, unlike miasma iron skin and MP

My solo Nekros build has Desecrate and thats it.

Literally spam 3 to play survival for as long as I want to, solo.

Absolutely awesome for farming resources.

Or would be if i needed resources at this point in the game. But one day.

We need a reason to play and you stated that above. what are you going to do about it? after you reach mastery 7, or even before that, there's just no reason to play anymore. this game is built on the fact that we need something all the time so we go and get it. after 300 hours of gameplay, there is nothing we need anymore.

In... What place exactly are Miasma and IS gamebreaking? I know that MPrime is an arguable matter, but those two?

And, all his powers but desecrate barely see any use. SoulPunch is hard to aim and has no AoE to speak of, Terrify has a huge cooldown that doesn't help at all, and SoD only works that well if you kill a few heavies in a row.

what the hell are you talking about? soulpunch is a very powerful skill, and if you have trouble aiming with it, then you should practice your aim, cause you are the first person i met complaining about it. and terrify is extremely useful when there's a horde of infested on your cryopod. i agree the SoD is a bit useless, but that's it.

what the hell are you talking about? soulpunch is a very powerful skill, and if you have trouble aiming with it, then you should practice your aim, cause you are the first person i met complaining about it. and terrify is extremely useful when there's a horde of infested on your cryopod. i agree the SoD is a bit useless, but that's it.

Don't know, I have problem with all "on-target" skills - it keeps saying 'no target' no matter how I aim.

And terrify doesn't seem to do anything half the time for me.

I must be playing warframe incorrectly? Got to love the pretentiousness of this fanboy....

GTG has already outlined what is wrong woth nekros. If you want to turn a blind eye to what is blatantly wrong with nekros jist because you have found a playstyle you like (ember and overheat) then you are being fairly pig headed, but more power to you.

Banshee and frost are both one hit wonders, look at their powers.

1. Sonic boom and freeze. Sonic boom is great short range CC, freeze is fairly sub par single target CC.

2. Silence and ice wave. Silence is terrible and useless with new mods. Oce wavedoes fairly sub par damage, sort of useful CC but snowglobe is better.

3. Sonar and Snowglobe. AMAZEBALLS.

4. Sound quake and avalanche. Both suffer from average damage, both better used for the CC they provide.

Both frames have one amazing power (snow globe and sonar) and maybe one other power worth equipping (sonic boom and avalanche). Their other powers just aren't up to scratch in the current system.

The return to Gender Swap.

With the talk of a new female Warframe joining our family, the conversation about male/female versions of Warframes is re-emerging from the community.  Scott and Steve both agree that if we ever decide to do male/female frames, the opposite gender would have a completely different skill set but with the same theme. For example, a male version of Ember would still have a Fire theme, but with 4 unique powers.

I'd prefer simple gender swaps and additional powers to swap in and out.

Why? Because it increases the amount of customization within each frame.