Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe and weapon is best for defeating protea

(NSW)Bigirl

Question

On 2020-07-11 at 8:13 PM, Ahniar said:

Excal or Rhino with max rank Vitality (or half rank and some armor in there), a mk1 braton with an half leveled serration and 2x 90% elemental mods (preferably set to corrosive, toxin/electricity) at max. 

Ok, rn im just trying to get orokin catalyst do you know how many nightmares im supposed to do to get crystal cred 

49 minutes ago, (NSW)Bigirl said:

(...) how many nightmares im supposed to do to get crystal cred 

The currency from nightwave? Either complete the challenges (preferable) or it can be obtained from random "invasions" that appear in ANY mission, some people just stand around in one of the open worlds (Fortuna or cetus) and wait for them wile doing conservation or fishing. 

Note: those crystal invasion can appear in any mission, nightmare ones do not make them "more likely to appear", they just have a 15-20 min delay between them. 

Ok, rn im just trying to get orokin catalyst do you know how many nightmares im supposed to do to get crystal cred 

Just now, Ahniar said:

The currency from nightwave? Either complete the challenges (preferable) or it can be obtained from random "invasions" that appear in ANY mission, some people just stand around in one of the open worlds (Fortuna or cetus) and wait for them wile doing conservation or fishing. 

Note: those crystal invasion can appear in any mission, nightmare ones do not make them "more likely to appear", they just have a 15-20 min delay between them. 

Ok, rn im just trying to get orokin catalyst. (...) 

The builds I gave should fit into an unpotatoed frame/gun, just level up those mods as it does make a huge difference. Also the mk1-braton does work but I gave that more as an example, any gun you are confortable with should work as long as you have the basic damage mod (serration, point blank, hornet strike...) at least at half, and two elemental mods (Toxin and electricity for corrosive against her health) at max rank. 

Cheers

5 hours ago, Ahniar said:

Ok im doing 3 nightwave missions

On 2020-07-11 at 8:13 PM, Ahniar said:

Excal or Rhino with max rank Vitality (or half rank and some armor in there), a mk1 braton with an half leveled serration and 2x 90% elemental mods (preferably set to corrosive, toxin/electricity) at max. 

What kind of elemental mods 

I found the most difficult part in defeating Protea to find something which can even damage her enough so she will use the time warp ability, before her shields recharge (EDIT: and remain alive in the process).

Finally, I defeated Protea with Vauban. He (and possibly other bosses, too) are just utterly confused about Tesla Nervos (i.e. chases them instead of the player a lot of the time), and in addition, just a few Tesla Nervos will drain her shields in a few seconds. After her shields have been drained, just damage her a little bit so that she uses her time warp ability -> fight can be won quite easily (though not trivially and not in an utterly fast manner).

Note that I'm a newbie-ish player (at MR 6, actually 4 or 5 at the time I won Protea) and bought Vauban parts from Nightwave. So my tip is given that in mind, for other people in similar situation. Quite a lot of grinding is required to be at a point where many other builds in this thread are even remotely viable; but even a newbie player might easily gain enough crystal cred to buy Vauban (actually, the very first initial crystal cred is enough). Of course, people might have other more useful use for the crystal cred...

Perhaps, a more fitting question would be: what is the easiest / least time-consuming way for someone, who has just gotten into this game (say at MR 2-4, and still struggling with anything with level 30+ enemies) to get *something* to defeat Protea (without using any platinum)?

5 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

I found the most difficult part in defeating Protea to find something which can even damage her enough so she will use the time warp ability, before her shields recharge (EDIT: and remain alive in the process).

Finally, I defeated Protea with Vauban. He (and possibly other bosses, too) are just utterly confused about Tesla Nervos (i.e. chases them instead of the player a lot of the time), and in addition, just a few Tesla Nervos will drain her shields in a few seconds. After her shields have been drained, just damage her a little bit so that she uses her time warp ability -> fight can be won quite easily (though not trivially and not in an utterly fast manner).

Note that I'm a newbie-ish player (at MR 6, actually 4 or 5 at the time I won Protea) and bought Vauban parts from Nightwave. So my tip is given that in mind, for other people in similar situation. Quite a lot of grinding is required to be at a point where many other builds in this thread are even remotely viable; but even a newbie player might easily gain enough crystal cred to buy Vauban (actually, the very first initial crystal cred is enough). Of course, people might have other more useful use for the crystal cred...

Perhaps, a more fitting question would be: what is the easiest / least time-consuming way for someone, who has just gotten into this game (say at MR 2-4, and still struggling with anything with level 30+ enemies) to get *something* to defeat Protea (without using any platinum)?

Welp it kinda of worked but I died 

3 hours ago, (NSW)Bigirl said:

Welp it kinda of worked but I died 

Try again! 🙂

I should probably mention I had leveled up the Vauban to max level (or at least ner-max) at that point. My memory is a bit hazy on whether I had polarized the frame or not, but IIRC I had once. If you are not of max level, do some other missions until you are (also a good tip generally so you don't get too frustrated at some difficult mission). Just put some shield, armor and health boosting mods - and possibly energy / efficiency / ability boosting mods if you feel like the Tesla Nervos are not doing enough, but IIRC it should not be needed. You might run out of energy, but grind some more from the errant specters - that's why it might be a long fight, though.

34 minutes ago, WildPenguin82 said:

Try again! 🙂

I should probably mention I had leveled up the Vauban to max level (or at least ner-max) at that point. My memory is a bit hazy on whether I had polarized the frame or not, but IIRC I had once. If you are not of max level, do some other missions until you are (also a good tip generally so you don't get too frustrated at some difficult mission). Just put some shield, armor and health boosting mods - and possibly energy / efficiency / ability boosting mods if you feel like the Tesla Nervos are not doing enough, but IIRC it should not be needed. You might run out of energy, but grind some more from the errant specters - that's why it might be a long fight, though.

Vauban is maxed and I did use the mini bots and flechette orbs, I have energy siphon mod in Vauban and intensify, continuity, streamline,flow,Vitality and primed vigor 

Really, the only part that's non-negotiable is the Xoris, as throwing and detonating it is required to counter Protea's time rewind.  Aside from that, the biggest caveat is that your frame has to have some survivability to it.  Stealth frames like Loki and support frames like Trinity will struggle here, but frames like Wukong, Valkyr or Rhino can absolutely trivialize the fight (particularly with Rage for energy management).  Rhino's Iron Skin and Valkyr's hysteria can negate Protea's damage entirely, and Wukong's cloud walker gives him on demand healing. 

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

I used Valkyr and Xoris.  Go crazy in her face with Hysteria so you don't have to worry about pesky things like knock downs and damage then switch back to Xoris when you need to for plot reasons.

Ok I need to get 2 parts for valkyr prime 

Archived