Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, we used to use Rad because Eidolons didn't have an actual health, but now the wiki says they're robotic. If that's true, Electric should be much better than Rad. So is it true? Edited with correct tables

TheArcSet

Question

So my question is, is the wiki correct?

Do Eidolons have an actual health type, including vulnerabilities, now?

In the past I also calculated Sarpa shattering impact adjustments, but I quickly realised that that's very tricky to pull off 90%, when pellets can punch through to proc shattering multiple times per shot; but stripping that way to 100% is easy and quite quick for that same reason.

Now though, if Eidolons actually have real Robotic health under their armour and we can't strip more than 80% with auras, going for electric and full-stripped might be worth it, especially on steel path?

Edited:

Old calculations, didn't account for armour bypassing as well as buffs.

DM == Damage-Modifier

Electric DM 1.5

lv50 Teralyist: 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.88

lv50 Teralyist: 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.96

lv150 Teralyist: 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.43

lv150 Teralyist: 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.589

-------------------------------------------------------------

lv55  Gantulyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.83

lv55  Gantulyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.92

lv155  Gantulyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.4

lv155  Gantulyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.56

lv60  Hydrolyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.74

lv60  Hydrolyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.85

lv160  Hydrolyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.31

lv160  Hydrolyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.48

===================================

So if you strip to 80%:

Then Rad will be best for all but the Steel Path Hydrolyst.

If you only run 4 CPs though:

In Steel Path, Rad on alloy will always do less than Electric on Robotic, barring hidden variables, like how crits effect Eidolon DR.

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TheArcSet said:

Indeed... Almost All Enemies do....

Only The Wolf Of Saturn Six has the Same type of Health and Armor... being Alloy.

2 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Now though, if Eidolons actually have real Robotic health under their armour and we can't strip more than 80% with auras, going for electric and full-stripped might be worth it, especially on steel path?

For regular hunts... Apparently thats not the case...

But for Steel Path... that may be the case....

supposedly They way Damage Bonuses interact with Armor means not only is a percentage of that value not reduced by the Armor.... but that damage also gets multiplied by that same percentage....

Since the Alloy Armor has a better bonus than the Robotic Health.... its better to keep some of it on than it is to Remove all of it....

But thats only for Normal Mode....

The Modifier on Steel Path borked how this interaction works so some people have opted to strip off all the Armor. 

1 hour ago, TheArcSet said:

Yep, my fault there, overthinking.

I guess the issue then is if the limbs can't be stripped, so will always be at least 20% amoured, which is 60%+ DR in Steel Path, though Rad will somewhat bypass that.

Each part of the Eidolon shares from the same pool of Attributes....

If you hit any part of it with the Sarpa... all the parts will have their Armor Stripped... Synovias and Body...

The same is true for The Hemocyte in The Plague Star event.... Strip armor off one of the Heads and all of them will have no Armor.

You can use Electric to have improved damage on the eidolon fully armor stripped. But you can't (to my knowledge) armor strip the synova, which share the same health type. So having two weapons (rad for synovas and electric for the kill) ma be possible, but that's a hassle for not much benefits. (correct me if i'm wrong).

4 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

You can use Electric to have improved damage on the eidolon fully armor stripped. But you can't (to my knowledge) armor strip the synova, which share the same health type. So having two weapons (rad for synovas and electric for the kill) ma be possible, but that's a hassle for not much benefits. (correct me if i'm wrong).

Huh, so are you saying that the head is robotic, but the limbs still don't have an actual health type, well that's odd to say the least.

Still, this is DE and it would certainly explain why people still use Rad.

à l’instant, TheArcSet a dit :

Huh, so are you saying that the head is robotic, but the limbs still don't have an actual health type, well that's odd to say the least.

Still, this is DE and it would certainly explain why people still use Rad.

Hu, no, i'm saying the head, the body, and the synova are all robotic/alloy.

30 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

I don't remember a time they didn't, it was always Robotic Health AFAIK.

5 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

I guess the issue then is if the limbs can't be stripped

There was (and possibly still is) that visual bug that even after complete Armor removal, Synovias still showed as Armor'd for Clients,
is this maybe where that idea that they can't be fully stripped comes from?

... mind, it is entirely possible that I'm just wrong about all this lol

8 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I don't remember a time they didn't, it was always Robotic Health AFAIK.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure that was the case when I first started hunting and the main reason we never fully stripped, but that could have been misunderstanding on my end.

8 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

There was (and possibly still is) that visual bug that even after complete Armor removal, Synovias still showed as Armor'd for Clients,
is this maybe where that idea that they can't be fully stripped comes from?

... mind, it is entirely possible that I'm just wrong about all this lol

I guess that's what I'm trying to find out.

If you strip the body everything while the shields up, then electric wins by more and more, as the levels increase.

If you have to strip each limb separately, then that's harder, but may be worth it in steel path.

If you just can't strip limbs, then electricity's not really worth using just for the head, as the head already has it's own vulnerability to snipers.

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Indeed... Almost All Enemies do....

Only The Wolf Of Saturn Six has the Same type of Health and Armor... being Alloy.

For regular hunts... Apparently thats not the case...

But for Steel Path... that may be the case....

supposedly They way Damage Bonuses interact with Armor means not only is a percentage of that value not reduced by the Armor.... but that damage also gets multiplied by that same percentage....

Since the Alloy Armor has a better bonus than the Robotic Health.... its better to keep some of it on than it is to Remove all of it....

But thats only for Normal Mode....

The Modifier on Steel Path borked how this interaction works so some people have opted to strip off all the Armor. 

Each part of the Eidolon shares from the same pool of Attributes....

If you hit any part of it with the Sarpa... all the parts will have their Armor Stripped... Synovias and Body...

The same is true for The Hemocyte in The Plague Star event.... Strip armor off one of the Heads and all of them will have no Armor.

Thank for confirming a few things. I'll check out those videos.

I also re-calculated the values in a more precise (accurate) way.

DM == Damage-Modifier

Electric DM 1.5

lv50 Teralyist: 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.88

lv50 Teralyist: 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.96

lv150 Teralyist: 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.43

lv150 Teralyist: 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.589

lv55  Gantulyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.83

lv55  Gantulyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.92

lv155  Gantulyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.4

lv155  Gantulyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.56

lv60  Hydrolyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.74

lv60  Hydrolyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.85

lv160  Hydrolyst 72% Stripped Rad DM 1.31

lv160  Hydrolyst 80% Stripped Rad DM 1.48

===================================

So if you strip to 80%:

Then Rad will be best for all but the Steel Path Hydrolyst.

If you only run 4 CP though:

Rad on alloy will always do less than Electric on Robotic, barring hidden variables, like how crits effect Eidolon DR.

Archived