Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some QoL changes for melee and dual pistols

Redpaws

I quite like the whole new quick melee system and such, but there are some things I feel I'd like to see improved, mostly involving weapon swapping. So, these are the Quality of Life improvements that I'd like to see the most currently:

1: Pressing heavy melee should bring your melee out and perform the heavy attack even if you don't have your melee out. This would make heavy attack builds feel smoother to use with guns.

2: Pressing alt fire should bring your current gun out (if it has an alt fire) if you have your quick melee out. (Probably should also include firing mode changes.) Will make weapons where you want to use the secondary fire more than the primary feel smoother to use with melee.

3: Full wielding a melee (holding weapon swap) should let you use the primary fire button to melee, even if you have the option to use primary fire to melee disabled. Disabling primary fire to melee should only disable it for quick melee, not for full wield melee.

4: Add a second burst firing mode to all semi-auto dual pistols, where you shoot both guns once for each press of the fire button. Including for guns like Akjagara, Twin Rogga etc. Any dual gun that isn't automatic. Think Akarius in how it'd work (also, let Akarius swap to single shot). This would really make the faster firing semi-auto dual pistols feel a LOT better to use without having to resort to macros/turbo buttons/rebinding primary fire to scroll wheel or some other weird solution just to not get finger cramps (and also lets Akarius be a bit more ammo efficient). Use Akbolto Prime for any extended time, and you'll quickly see why this would be a very welcome QoL feature.

Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Redpaws said:

1: Pressing heavy melee should bring your melee out and perform the heavy attack even if you don't have your melee out. This would make heavy attack builds feel smoother to use with guns.

2: Pressing alt fire should bring your current gun out (if it has an alt fire) if you have your quick melee out. (Probably should also include firing mode changes.) Will make weapons where you want to use the secondary fire more than the primary feel smoother to use with melee.

I don't know about PC, but on console alt fire and heavy melee are the same button. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I don't know about PC, but on console alt fire and heavy melee are the same button. 

Yeah, its not going to work

unless OP is suggesting to make it a special exception for weapons that have No Alt fire

but that's just adding complication, I'd rather have control layouts be consistent regardless of what weapon is equipped.

10 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

On a PC, this can be different buttons. I made altfire on the T button, and heavy on the E button, since I don't use regular melee attacks much.

"Can" be, but if it's not by default then the suggestions in 1 and 2 won't be possible. Especially since 75% of the game's platforms are consoles.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Especially since 75% of the game's platforms are consoles.

I think that the distribution of players is more important than the number of platforms. And by the way, I haven't looked, but is the warframe running on Linux or MacOS? 

3 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I think that the distribution of players is more important than the number of platforms. And by the way, I haven't looked, but is the warframe running on Linux or MacOS? 

DE wouldn't have kept adding to the number of platforms if it weren't profitable, so that 100% will be in the decision process for them. I'm not sure they've ever confirmed the number of users across each platform but with all of the additional support, additional builds and certifications I'm sure it's more than enough. 

I'm not sure about the systems. 

52 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

On a PC, this can be different buttons. I made altfire on the T button, and heavy on the E button, since I don't use regular melee attacks much.

You can bind them to separate buttons, but they're the same context-sensitive action under the hood.

Archived