Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

There seems to be a lack of synergy between the two Zephyr concepts discussed here in this topic. I wanted to clarify that one Zephyr is not superior or 'better' than the other in terms of design, and between myself and DE no one is more correct about the design topic.

Our Zephyr inspired the official Zephyr. While the two designs are different in aesthetics, one could not exist without the other. Arguing that the official Zephyr is better than our design would actually negate the official Zephyr's existence, and arguing that our design is better than the official would undermine the success achieved and all supporters here and in-game.

Hey 'Liger', just wanted to add to the notes of admiration for your talent and effort & its super cool to see the inspired frame in game! (my fav to play currently)

* Also:  I SO wish they chose Gust Kick as you described instead of Faceplant (Divebomb) :)

DE is very cool to have incorporated your intense designs in some way, regardless.

Hey 'Liger', just wanted to add to the notes of admiration for your talent and effort & its super cool to see the inspired frame in game! (my fav to play currently)

* Also:  I SO wish they chose Gust Kick as you described instead of Faceplant (Divebomb) :)

DE is very cool to have incorporated your intense designs in some way, regardless.

Thank you for saying so. It is indeed a pride for us to have influence achieved like this.

Personally I find it ironic that the only ability I did not have a hand in, is infact the oddest one in Zephyr's arsenal. That being Divebomb.

After some thought the look of this frame could be re-worked into say a concept for Volt Prime. Please keep in mind I'm mostly saying that as a way of possibly seeing this wonderfully well thought out concept see it way into the game, and being just a little bit closer to the original artist's work.

Edited by Dragonknight525

• 1 month later...

Lots of us Tenno wish to have seen the original concept used instead of what was given. While it may be a noble purpose to support me as the creator, I doubt Arcane Zephyr himself will be used distinctly onto himself.

However I believe the best alternative would be having him implemented as a Proto-Skin for Zephyr, similar to the Proto-Excalibur. I have seen multiple threads talking about the idea in my name, and would be a wonderful thing to see.

Surely something to ask the Devs :3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still saddened that it didn't turn out a male frame cause the male version looks so much more epic than the in game female Zephyr IMO.

It was a timing coincidence that turned Zephyr into a female. Following the male, female alternating pattern of new Warframes, Oberon's surprise release disrupted the pattern mid-update and in turn timed Zephyr to be female. While we too wished it to be male, the timing had it planned otherwise.

The artwork is now available as art prints!

For those of our supporters interested in our art we have recently uploaded the original resolution pieces of both Zephyr and the Riot Moa to our print shop.

Zephyr - http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/liger-inuzuka/volkovyis-zephyr/

Riot Moa - http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/liger-inuzuka/volkovyis-riot-moa/

Thanks to all supporters and viewers, it is you fellow Tenno that have made these concepts possible.

• 1 month later...

just because they had to try and balance the amount of males and females of warframes

but the creator of this concept is probably happy for his frame to get on with changes or at least be an inspiration

and now because of the creator

Zephyr rises

(even though it sucked to have a girl zephyr and not the alternates either)

we'll have to hope for other male concepts to make it into warframe, unchanged or minor tweak.

I am unaware of any Moderators encouraging behavior such as that, but my only wish is to keep the energetic activity surrounding Typhus and Dragon particularly away from if I can help it at all. Especially since Zephyr is a "finished" concept so to speak. Nonetheless I thank every commentor taking their time to come here.

On a side note Zephyr happened to turn out female only because of the pattern of Warframes in the order they were released. Zephyr was supposed to come out after Valkyr, and thus be a male, however Oberon was a surprise mid update and disrupted the pattern and thus Zephyr was made female. DE just wants to keep a fair alternating pattern between the genders of released frames.

The best we can hope for is if there is a custom proto-skin made for Zephyr similar to Excalibur's proto-skin, made to make him look like the original here in this thread.

It would be cool if the Zephyr Immortal skin takes some more inspiration from the smooth, streamlined art in this thread. Her current skin seems very... cluttered, in no small part because it had to mash 4/5ths of her palette into half as much space (due to all the uncolorable areas - which were dummied out in Mag's skin, so why not for hers?).

I am unaware of any Moderators encouraging behavior such as that, but my only wish is to keep the energetic activity surrounding Typhus and Dragon particularly away from if I can help it at all. Especially since Zephyr is a "finished" concept so to speak. Nonetheless I thank every commentor taking their time to come here.

I thought Typhus was finished, if you read the name it said "Typhus Final Update", and red said himself

I thought Typhus was finished, if you read the name it said "Typhus Final Update", and red said himself

I understand but that is not what I meant by finished. I mean this thread is in some ways completed, as the concept made it into the game as created inspiration for the official Zephyr all the way down to the power names and Tengu helmet. While I had plans to create more artwork for Zephyr, there is sort of no reason for me to do so. Of course it is a wonderful way to end a thread, and I am honored to have done so.

• 2 weeks later...